Devils v Capitals - 29/09 7:00pm - League - Chat/Updates

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1

Temporary blurb until the game preview is done... ( sorry no preview for this one.. I did drink a load of Scotch and it just wasn't happening.. Skip)

We'll be running Match Night Live! for this game from the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

OJ returns to the hotseat for this game as i'm back to Stabbingham, as always he can be reached before/during the game at matchnightlive@the-inferno.co.uk

OJ is looking for some more texters for this game, so if you can/would help him out, please send him a pm on here, or if you have his number send him a text!

Tonight was not a convincing win by any means and give capitals credit for passing the puck well and creating a lot of chances on the breakaway.
Cingel must have had 2/3 1 on 1's.

Stu and Faulkner worked hard going forward and chasing down every puck at both ends of the ice, Faulkner is defiantly up there with Matzka's work rate which i thought would not be matched.

2 players for me who defiantly need to sort there game out is Milam and Didomete.
I will probably get slated for this but ill explain why.

Milam was brought in with this great shot (as was VanderVeken) and ive seen it once maybe twice when he has had many other chances to shoot. He also pinched in at a time when he was the last man on the blue line which gave Cingel the first of his breakaways tonight. He is offensive minded and is paired with K.Smith who led our D men with points last year???

Didi is a joke, he takes silly penalties (interference call V Nottingham, X checking Penalty on Farmer V Braehead), he did not show any class tonight for me with his fight either. He fought a guy (yes who was willing to go) but this guy was about a foot smaller than him and he did try and gave better than i thought, but to celebrate like he did in a fight he knew surely he would win?

Where was didi on thursday? didi was roughing up the guy while he was face down on the ice tonight before they fought, where was didi on thursday to do this with keefe or lloyd? why do it in a game like tonight V a smaller guy who he knew he would destroy?, he is a coward. We needed a spark thursday but he was not willling to go then was he?

Harding and Piggot played well and threw hits and forechecked all night, they deserve more ice time than other players right now.

I personally think, if we play like that against panthers or Steelers we would of lost. Still not as physical as I like. Piggott and Harding should have more ice time, they played well. Normal gd play by Mac. But I personally think they need to be more physical or we wont be good enough

Still undecided about Milam. Thought Deeds had best game so far for us, ignored fight as was pointless. G on D makes D better balanced to me, Batch looks more comfortable next to him. Especially with the group of forward Brits we have. Mckenzie looks comfortable on any line, thought he linked well with Faulks and the Harding, Davies, Piggott line was great tonight.

Cookies_naughtyboy said:
Tonight was not a convincing win by any means and give capitals credit for passing the puck well and creating a lot of chances on the breakaway.
Cingel must have had 2/3 1 on 1's.

Stu and Faulkner worked hard going forward and chasing down every puck at both ends of the ice, Faulkner is defiantly up there with Matzka's work rate which i thought would not be matched.

2 players for me who defiantly need to sort there game out is Milam and Didomete.
I will probably get slated for this but ill explain why.

Milam was brought in with this great shot (as was VanderVeken) and ive seen it once maybe twice when he has had many other chances to shoot. He also pinched in at a time when he was the last man on the blue line which gave Cingel the first of his breakaways tonight. He is offensive minded and is paired with K.Smith who led our D men with points last year???

Didi is a joke, he takes silly penalties (interference call V Nottingham, X checking Penalty on Farmer V Braehead), he did not show any class tonight for me with his fight either. He fought a guy (yes who was willing to go) but this guy was about a foot smaller than him and he did try and gave better than i thought, but to celebrate like he did in a fight he knew surely he would win?

Where was didi on thursday? didi was roughing up the guy while he was face down on the ice tonight before they fought, where was didi on thursday to do this with keefe or lloyd? why do it in a game like tonight V a smaller guy who he knew he would destroy?, he is a coward. We needed a spark thursday but he was not willling to go then was he?

Harding and Piggot played well and threw hits and forechecked all night, they deserve more ice time than other players right now.
Gordie Howe tonight though. I agree that on Thurs he should have tried to spark us but lets be honest how much difference would it have made? We were flat and no amount of fights would have changed that.

jimmy snels

After the max hit on Thursday there was a period of play after with Lloyd and keefe throwin dirty hits and elbows. that's when he should have jumped off the bench with G and marsh and start throwing bombs. He got the team going tonight... but mugging a small lad then pulling his shirt over his head?!

First two periods were boring but a really good third. young brit line outstanding. Ben is genuinely playing a better game than Stuuuuu at the moment. milam awful again. falkner superb again. D better with G on it. batch needs to hit more. marsh a beast AGAIN

cookies

too tough on deeds, drops them twice with toughest guy in league, with the longest reach so bound to lose, but does it twice

asked tylor to dance for two games no response from any squeeler

lloyd is a cheap shot merchant and cant get away quick enough from any cheap hit he lands, keefe did not want to go either if so he was on ice when max landed hit and he just skated to max and then they talked

some games you cant dance with anyone

he is a tough kid as posted scores a goal, asisst and a fight and gets critisied what do you want

tonights game after thursday was a no win situation we hammer them then they are not good enough we loose we are not good enough we win then again we are good enough and people will moan

we can and will be a good hockey team and we will come good

davew

Agree with cookies re milam and didi.
Deeds tonight made himself loook a right idiot, punching the guy when he was face down on the ice is not "fighting". I gave him the thumbs down as he "celebrated" his victory.

This was followed by a goal celebration that would have been fit for sealing the league or a play-off final win....twit is the safest word i will use. - You only scored a goal against a "british" back up netminder.

The game was far from being an improvement on thursday's fiasco. We should have scored on the 5 on 3, and been 2/3 up at the end of the first.

A score line of 7/8- 0 or so would maybe shown we were convincing tonight.

The three stars....

Please, please dont just do man of the match and throw in a third player like tonight...

Holland deserved at least the 2nd star, with Faulkner and McKenzie gaining the others, as Bari was the only player who seemed to take tonight seriously.

Osaer didnt warrant his 2nd star.

Hopefully the team can show some real devils fire on Tuesday and seal a regulation W against the cats...

sataneight said:
cookies

too tough on deeds, drops them twice with toughest guy in league, with the longest reach so bound to lose, but does it twice

asked tylor to dance for two games no response from any squeeler

lloyd is a cheap shot merchant and cant get away quick enough from any cheap hit he lands, keefe did not want to go either if so he was on ice when max landed hit and he just skated to max and then they talked

some games you cant dance with anyone

he is a tough kid as posted scores a goal, asisst and a fight and gets critisied what do you want

tonights game after thursday was a no win situation we hammer them then they are not good enough we loose we are not good enough we win then again we are good enough and people will moan

we can and will be a good hockey team and we will come good

Didiomete, over 100 professional fights to his name in the AHL, OHL & ECHL, V Danial MacIntrye only in his 3rd season with the Capitals having only 50-60 Odd penatly minutes over the 3 seasons? Hardly a reason to celebrate like he did?

He roughed him up while face down on the ice and then takes the mick with the kid who was willing to go with a guy he knew would batter him so far play to Mac for going.

If he is able to rough up a local kid while he is down on the ice and get a fight out of him with Capitals having no fighter on there books, How can he not get a scrap with guys who CAN and WILL fight in a Giants top?

Why did he not rough up keefe or Lloyd like he did tonight and make them fight like he got out of a local kid??

Im taking nothing away from him scoring and getting an assist. My point is he went missing in a BIG game and when we were 1-0 down he did nothing, at 2-0 and 3-0 he did nothing until we were out of the game completely then tried to run and get in murphy's face.

we were 1-0 down in the first so he had 2 full periods to get the crowd and team mates into the game and he did not do it, That is my point not his contribution to the goal and assist he had, he does have skill and he needs to use that rather than take stupid penalties and when we need a boost go and make it happen (like he did tonight but with a guy who wants/is able to fight) not the local kids.

DevilDom

I don't think we should be slagging off the players given the effort they are putting in under difficult circumstances. We won so lets move on and hopefully crowds will build up and we can the BBT atmosphere back up where it needs to be.

the majority of the team went missing in the big game against giants not just deeds

it should not fall solely on this guy thats the point. the whole D nneds to get nasty and take the body rather than this tipppy tappy play in our end as the puck will drop to a offensive player

Deeds by his very nature will infuriate/ annoy both sets of fans but to call him a joke is unwarranted, I said before to go with olson twice shows he will go with guys who "CAN and WILL fight"

Earnie

Didi had a pretty good night and teamed up well with Faulkner.
The general opinion in my view is a bit harsh on him. I know we all see the game differently. Personally, had it not been for Faulkner, I would have given Didi top star.
The fight was a bit of a shameful joke.
Capitals are not the whipping boys they used to be - they put up a valiant effort.
The referee (Dean Smith) did a fine job - unlike Hicks who smiles when Cardiff loose.

osh

Wasn't at the game, but a morale boosting result for the team after the Giants debacle, well done guys and fans who were there. Hopefully the team can gain confidence from this and move forward, shame Max isn't there for the next couple of games.

Diafol

Not the greatest game you'll ever see - I almost nodded off during the 3rd :eek: but nice to get a win which hopefully gave both the team and fans a bit of a lift.

Onwards and upwards :)

sataneight said:
the majority of the team went missing in the big game against giants not just deeds

it should not fall solely on this guy thats the point. the whole D nneds to get nasty and take the body rather than this tipppy tappy play in our end as the puck will drop to a offensive player

Deeds by his very nature will infuriate/ annoy both sets of fans but to call him a joke is unwarranted, I said before to go with olson twice shows he will go with guys who "CAN and WILL fight"
Mark Smith is the only D man taking the body at the moment, he throws himself in front of pucks and blocks shots like no one else, Batch can throw his weight around more but with G on D now, We have 6 D men, (Marsh, K.Smith, M.Smith, Batch, Milam And G) 5 Import D Men? Do we really need 5? Id prefer a more central player for the 3rd line (Ben is not a center) who can work both ends of the ice to help out the D.

Im not saying it solely falls on Deeds Did i? im saying he was brought in to be a tough player who can change games and play, he needed to change that game on thursday (As could of G or Marsh) But they didnt step up either. After maxi's hit this should of shown the boys that playing that way rattled the giants and we continued to play that way.

Didi beats keefe, Keefe is off the ice, we throw our weight around and get in there faces while he is in the box, build momentum, do we concede 3 in 6 minutes in the 3rd? who knows. It would of boosted the crowd for sure and gave the boys a lift to say we wont be muscled off the puck and pushed around,

Didiomete made Olson fight yes? Which is what i said about him doing in the Giants game. Didi is an experienced fighter and knows how to get into them so what happened thursday? He could of gotten keefe to go if he tried hard enough.

Marsh could of stepped up but he also lacked physicality on thursday. My point about his fight is, Didi who may be smaller than most fighters here has over 100 fights to his name in 3 pretty could leagues with tough guys so can handle himself which is why he fought olson and did not do to badly, Fights at a time where we were winning, we were not being bullied around and against a local kid with little/no fighting experience instead of chosing to turn a bigger game with a team throwing dirty hits, who were beating us and who he basically called out over twitter saying it could get rough (or something along those lines), but chose to do nothing,
(im not arguing the fact he will do with anyone but turn the tables, Didiomete is Olson or Hand And MacIntyre is Ben Davies) How would you feel about this miss match?

A win is a win though and hopefully we will see the full works of Blight and Fulks and Stu on bigger ice pads where i feel they will be more comfortable.

Ocko

I actually thought deeds had a great game. Played with energy, was always looking for the puck and had the Caps players looking over their shoulders. His fight was a bit stupid but I guess he was looking for a scrap to spark the game into life, which lets be honest was a pretty drab affair! Could've easily been the first star for me.

Kipper

Deeds tries to make something happen every shift. Don't know what people are expecting from the guy. If he is a replacement Vother forget it. Brad was unique and we will be lucky to ever find another player like him.

Deeds is a far better player than I was expecting and contributes all round to the team.

jimmy snels

I don't think people are complaining about his performance last night as much as they're saying where was this angry machine on Thursday? When it was needed more

Problem is the hit didn't rattle the Giants. It sparked them. I wanted to see a physical game but to me the Giants are very happy to play physical and have a very tough and skilled team this year. I don't want to see Deeds fighting brits but if the Caps signed up someone to protect the team this wouldn't be an issue.