DEVILS v Blaze - Tue 26 (FO 6pm - home) & Wed 27 (FO 7:30pm (away) ) Dec 2017 - League - Chat/Updat

Thread starter #1

It's that time of the year again
back to back games against the Blaze

On Boxing Day get down to Ice Arena Wales to support them - if for whatever reason you cannot get to the IAW then IceTime will be running a webcast for this game with all the details to be found @ http://www.icetime.tv
Better still join us at MNL

The next day the DEVILS travel to Coventry and if you are not part of the RED ARMY contingent then MNL is the place to be.

We will be be running the 'ridiculously childish and disgustingly biased' Match Night Live service for both games and the biased game reporting can be found at the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

If you'd like to chip in with a comment or make a score prediction on the night you can contact us at matchnightlive@gmail.com

Texters are always needed so if you can help us out please get in touch by PM or text the MNL line on 07527 625206.

solelace84

Should be another routine game with not much to challenge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
^lol

Coventry seem to have finally found their scoring touch over their past 6 games. Potential banana skin game, but if we continue with our current form, we should take the 2pts.

Coventry usually have a knack of getting under our skin, so hopefully our PK is on form tonight!

#LetsGoDevils

Sent from my G3221 using Tapatalk

ASHIPP

Vaillerand and Pietrus just to name two very tricky players on Blaze roster. Definitely can't take the games against the Blaze for granted. Firstly, Devils haven't played them for weeks. Secondly, Blaze are battling to stay the right side of 8th place to be in a position for playoff qualification.
Not an easy couple of games at all - but two very important ones to keep ahead of the Giants.

Sent from my brain using Common sense
Just goes to show you lack any knowledge about Ice Hockey with a quote like that
I’ve never professed any knowledge of Ice Hockey or psychic ability. I was just being optimistic, giving the Devils are at the top of the league and Coventry far lower.

Your knowledge of hockey is one that suggests the Devils are not good enough to play well against Coventry ?

I’ve never professed any knowledge of Ice Hockey or psychic ability. I was just being optimistic, giving the Devils are at the top of the league and Coventry far lower.

Your knowledge of hockey is one that suggests the Devils are not good enough to play well against Coventry ?

My knowledge is obviously better than yours but if you knew anything about the sport than surely you wouldn't have made a comment like you did, whatever your name is!!

ASHIPP

Phew well done Devils on the result but Blaze pushed them all the way. Said earlier this was not going to be an easy game....the guys will have to work even harder tomorrow night because it will be just as difficult, especially with a big Blaze crowd.

Let's hope the Devils can demonstrate their mental strength again at the Skydome.

That was a tough game. Blaze challenged all the way and had a few chances where they could have put it away in RT...

BUT, what an absolute shocker pering had tonight. I generally try to avoid moaning about the standard of refereeing in the EIHL, but that was the worst officiating I've seen all season - ignoring a blatant trip that he was staring right at (miles behind the actual play, I may add), and then calling hoth in OT for something he had IGNORED about 6 times in the 3rd period?!?

Someone's had too many mince pies and cherries over Christmas...

Vartel

Question to those who know the rules better than i do. It seemed like a shocking number of non-calls on obvious penalties by Blaze players who got nothing. The off the play trip during extra time seems like the refs just didnt see it, but there were a few others where they clearly saw or were involved with no penalties called. One of their guys drops the gloves to fight, there was handbags but no fight, and yet no call. I thought there was an automatic penalty for dropping the gloves? At the end of regulation there was more handbags and one of the blaze was throwing gloved punches over the shoulder of a ref at a devils player, but there was no call on that, surely that should have been roughing? Does anyone know why those weren't penalties so i know what to look for next time

BostonBart22

That was a tough game. Blaze challenged all the way and had a few chances where they could have put it away in RT...

BUT, what an absolute shocker pering had tonight. I generally try to avoid moaning about the standard of refereeing in the EIHL, but that was the worst officiating I've seen all season - ignoring a blatant trip that he was staring right at (miles behind the actual play, I may add), and then calling hoth in OT for something he had IGNORED about 6 times in the 3rd period?!?

Someone's had too many mince pies and cherries over Christmas...

Correct with your remarks about perring thank god we dont have him that often, noble throwing punches at buzzer nowt done, and a blatant dirty hit by paquette on benti right in front of him nowt done, oh and 2 shots to score a penalty to beat bowns is there a system that officials can be reviewed for their poor control of game.

jimmy snels

The blatant dirty hit that went uncalled and not a team mate to stand up you mean. Yep seen about 4 tonight. And our net minder ran. Make no mistake we got bashed all around our barn tonight and as a fan its very unentertaining to see litrally no reaction. Highlight of the year used to be these boxing day matches. I went away happy to scrape a win, annoyed at that lack of devilness (is that a word? Not sure but it'll do) and livid at the ref who was diabolical. Bownsy saved our arses tonight imo.

For me this was the best league game of the season from a pure entertainment point of view. It wasn't the best team performance we've ever seen but it had a proper old fashioned Devils Blaze derby feel to it. Big hits, dirty plays, close score line, incompetent officiating, and many injustices that we eventually overcome! Tonight reminded me why I like hockey and almost took me back to BBT days. All it was missing was a big fight, ideally ending in Noble getting a pasting! Great to see the rivalry rekindled and I hope we have more games like this in the near future!

The blatant dirty hit that went uncalled and not a team mate to stand up you mean. Yep seen about 4 tonight. And our net minder ran. Make no mistake we got bashed all around our barn tonight and as a fan its very unentertaining to see litrally no reaction. Highlight of the year used to be these boxing day matches. I went away happy to scrape a win, annoyed at that lack of devilness (is that a word? Not sure but it'll do) and livid at the ref who was diabolical. Bownsy saved our arses tonight imo.
Eh? After that hit on Benti, the devils were smashing everything in their way and had momentum 100% in their favour... To take a fight at 3-3 is stupid...

Foxy

Where the hell did they dig Perring up from............ he was dire. Stupid penalties called plenty of penalties against coventry npt called........ their dirty tactics off the puck was ridiculous......... and dont start me on the penalty shots. Did he even know what he was doing?