Devils v Bili Tygri Liberec - Thurs 31 Aug 2017 / 7:00pm

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1

The first home game in the Devils CHL journey is against HC Bili Tygri Liberec (Liberec White Tigers) Hopefully we are going to be running MNL for this one but it is also being shown on Premiere Sports

Al, Gaz and JD have done a very good CHL roundup which you can listen too here
https://soundcloud.com/user-507126377/cardiff-devils-champions-hockey-league-preview

It's going to be a stern test but should be a good one.

Last edited:
MNL will be up and running for this game. What coverage we can extract from IAW is anybodies guess but access to the CHL webcast should help us out.

If you are at the game and by some miracle have a signal let us have your insights into the game on the MNL number 07527 625206.

I shall be hosting this game before I fly off to Tenerife for rioja and sun

OJ

DevilDom

Anyone know how ticket sales are going for this one? I know it's early for crowd numbers to start picking up, but I reckon this game will be great value.
Ticket sales don't look great so far with only just over half sold. Probably a combination of people still being on holiday, midweek game and limited chance in the competition against top class opposition. Just an observation, not a criticism but maybe a ticket deal for the individual CHL games would have helped? I know there was one for the 6 game pre-season and CHL games but I (like many others) couldn't make 2 of those due to holidays so it wasn't worth it for me.

Johnnybravo1927

Ticket sales don't look great so far with only just over half sold. Probably a combination of people still being on holiday, midweek game and limited chance in the competition against top class opposition. Just an observation, not a criticism but maybe a ticket deal for the individual CHL games would have helped? I know there was one for the 6 game pre-season and CHL games but I (like many others) couldn't make 2 of those due to holidays so it wasn't worth it for me.
I think this is 1 of the very few times the club has missed a trick. As a business and commercial organisation they are excellent but I always thought it was going to be a hard sell to shift many seats for the Liberec game. As you said, a deal on CHL tickets would have probably helped sell more. Last seasons games against KHL sides didn't sell particularly well if I remember correctly. All preseason games are going to be hard to shift though I did see that there were loads of people at the steelers vs Storm game which was only a fiver I believe

d20

Disappointing in regards to the tickets sales,there will still be some people away on holidays and agree with the tickets could have been sold as singles as some can't afford to pay out so much in one hit,its a shame that the arena will not be full or near to it as this is why we win the league to have an opportunity like this and to play teams of this standard, just a few years ago we were miles away from this and wouldnt have thought it would come so soon,I cant wait for it just a shame some fans dont see the point in it.

matbur

Personally I think they should've lowered the ticket prices of the pre-season games. The 'CHL' is not a strong brand and when all the pre-season games are priced the same, my guess is that it devalues the competitive games.

voth26

I think this is 1 of the very few times the club has missed a trick. As a business and commercial organisation they are excellent but I always thought it was going to be a hard sell to shift many seats for the Liberec game. As you said, a deal on CHL tickets would have probably helped sell more. Last seasons games against KHL sides didn't sell particularly well if I remember correctly. All preseason games are going to be hard to shift though I did see that there were loads of people at the steelers vs Storm game which was only a fiver I believe
Think they were a fiver but I'd imagine that was because of lower costs possibly? But as you say tickets could have been lower, like a tenner maybe