devils tickets at reduced prices for oct, nov and december

drainage

I am all for a "one off" promotion that gets bums on seats. Way I look at it if 20% of those that buy the tickets go again at full price its a winner. In fact anyone who returns is good for the club ...... cant lose really

Agree they need to be careful not to turn off ST holders but this in isolation wouldnt make me think twice about a ST next season...... more the merrier for me !

And dont forget they did a good offer for the CC games as well saved £££s buying the pack so I am happy !!!!

Wannabe2

Foxy said:
Well im going to be controversial then and say that sorry this is a kick in the teeth for season ticket holders.

Yes its for 3 games that may not pull in the crowds but we are also right at the start of the season and you can bet there will be plenty more deals to be done by the end. At this rate the choice of seat is going to be the only benefit we'll get. Other sports provide their season holders with far more value for their money. All this has done has made me feel ripped off.
But its not the only benefit for me, offers like this bring very important revenue into the club, revenue that they maybe wouldnt get other ways, revenue that help us keep up with the big boys budgets, revenue that makes sure the season ticket holder has a team worth watching, revenue that keeps a Devils team in the Elite.

A

Anonymous

Wannabe2 said:
Foxy said:
Well im going to be controversial then and say that sorry this is a kick in the teeth for season ticket holders.

Yes its for 3 games that may not pull in the crowds but we are also right at the start of the season and you can bet there will be plenty more deals to be done by the end. At this rate the choice of seat is going to be the only benefit we'll get. Other sports provide their season holders with far more value for their money. All this has done has made me feel ripped off.
But its not the only benefit for me, offers like this bring very important revenue into the club, revenue that they maybe wouldnt get other ways, revenue that help us keep up with the big boys budgets, revenue that makes sure the season ticket holder has a team worth watching, revenue that keeps a Devils team in the Elite.
I can see how ST holders may feel aggrieved but Wannabe2's post is spot on. Notice the games offered are games where the attendances would most probably be a little below average. Its better to have a few extra hundred fans in cheaply than not have them in at all. Any newbies will then become hooked, as we all do, giving the club extra revenue on a more permanent basis. Its all good !

Wannabe2

Every single season ticket holder helps in there own way to make this great club viable, without the pre season cash injection the club would suffer big time, so therefore all you guys are playing your own part to keep this club in with a shout towards winning trophies. We buy our tickets whether that be as a season ticket holder, or as a regular fan purely because we love the product that we all experience week in week out, our club is a very very special club, with extremely special fans, we dont have a 5-8000 seat arena, and yet we kick rump with the best of them year in year out, and thats down to the Cardiff Devils fans. Possibly ST holders could expect a little more at times, but nothing would ever replace the fact that the Devils are here due to you guys, and may that long continue. At the end of the day the club is only as good as its fans, and thats why we have the finest hockey club in the UK.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

Doesnt it depend on how many people who bought the cheap tickets would have gone anyway and paid full price? If a lot of people who go anyway just bought the cheap tickets, the club is just losing out on revenue. I know this kind of deal was mentioned for the blaze a few years ago but it was said that if the 1000 paying customers all got on for half price, you have suddenly lost a lot of income.

Wannabe2

But this aint Coventry mate, its Cardiff, the club sees fit to implement this scheme and the CARDIFF fans seem to be buying into it, end of.

Ger-Devils

Another point about a game in November with the discount is that the All Blacks are in town the same day. Probably a 5:30pm kick off or something so would lose people from the game to this.

It's a win/win for the club as I've stated before.

Regards benefits for season ticket holders, down the city, all we get is 10% discount off merch and they offer a £5 a friend with a ST holder(not done this since Ninian Parks last year)

Also they do offer a big discount of full price adult and £1 for a kid twice a season. They do these for the "lesser games" as they woulnd't normally sell the seats. They will take a hit as they don't take any money from the food/drink sales like the Devils due to being outsourced thanks to Mr Ridsdale for a one off fee but it does bring in new fans and it does help.

Foxy

Wannabe2 said:
But this aint Coventry mate, its Cardiff, the club sees fit to implement this scheme and the CARDIFF fans seem to be buying into it, end of.
But is it necessarily getting more revenue for the club.

We've had posts on this thread from fans that have said thanks for the info i've just bought mine. How many of the 489 tickets sold have been bought by existing fans that would have bought a ticket at the full price anyway. They've just saved themselves a bit of money.

Im not saying the club shouldn't be doing it but they had better make sure that the season ticket holders are taken care of or bang goes their start up money for next season. I for one will certainly be watching how much i'd have saved by waiting for these deals to come up. We're all in a recession and want to watch the pennies and ice hockey is no longer the cheap alternative.

Foxy said:
Wannabe2 said:
But is it necessarily getting more revenue for the club.

We've had posts on this thread from fans that have said thanks for the info i've just bought mine. How many of the 489 tickets sold have been bought by existing fans that would have bought a ticket at the full price anyway. They've just saved themselves a bit of money.

Im not saying the club shouldn't be doing it but they had better make sure that the season ticket holders are taken care of or bang goes their start up money for next season. I for one will certainly be watching how much i'd have saved by waiting for these deals to come up. We're all in a recession and want to watch the pennies and ice hockey is no longer the cheap alternative.
ST ticket holders will probably go anyway. Those looking to buy tickets as they go and who may have been considering which match to go to probably wouldn't have targetted these ones. New ideas are always worth trying.

TheStub

By inference, the people picking this deal up aren't season ticket holders so would be picking and choosing the games they see. At least now they are committing to going to that game.

Also, how many of those who have bought tickets are now bringing someone else along? If these are virgins, hopefully they will be along again...at full price.

My guess they are scarificing revenue for numbers with the hope this will translate to new fans and future long term revenue.

Chris

Administrator
That doesn't really answer JB's post though, you may view JB as just a troll on these boards, but it's certainly not the 'end of' you say it is...

Yes there are a lot of Devils fans who have bought tickets, but there are also a fair number of people i've spoken to who would have paid full price but now haven't...

Maybe that will be countered by the increased size of the crowd, but if the crowd doesn't break 1500 for these games, I guess that would be quite disappointing.

Until the game though, I guess we won't know how successful this offer has been in bringing in new people.

Chris.

J.B said:
Doesnt it depend on how many people who bought the cheap tickets would have gone anyway and paid full price? If a lot of people who go anyway just bought the cheap tickets, the club is just losing out on revenue. I know this kind of deal was mentioned for the blaze a few years ago but it was said that if the 1000 paying customers all got on for half price, you have suddenly lost a lot of income.

Not necessarily, I was first told about this offer from a couple of work colleagues who receive alerts from this website and who have never been to a game and are now going. Ovbiously my passion has also rubbed off!!

I am a season ticket holder but I think this is a great offer

DevilDom

I think this has all got pretty silly.

Look at the crowd last night against the Caps - a midweek game. If it hadn't been for a load of cheap tickets given to students in blocks 1 and 15 the place would barely have been half full.

We have 825 ST holders and therefore lets say (i don't know i'm just guessing) we probably sold around 200-300 tickets at full price to non ST holders.

The games this offer applies to are:

v Vipers on Wednesday 27th October (half-term week so a lot of people will have other plans)

v Vipers on Sunday 14th october (the only game where we probably would have had a good crowd)

V Rays on Wednesday 22nd December (straight before Xmas)

If they have already sold 489 tickets with this offer then that is probably a few hundred more than we would have sold and we have the money in advance which obviously helps cashflow. I think its good to see the management offering new deals like this and if we do get some new people through the door who get hooked and come back then even better.

If it were up to me - i'd give tickets out free to kids / schools the day before a game if it was looking like the crowd was going to be poor or have last minute deals.

If the team is successful crowds will increase and these offers will become less frequent or less generous and we'll fill the rink anyway. At the moment that isn't happening.

Foxy

Its not being silly at all.

Like the Stubb said we'll see at the games. If the crowds are up by nearly 500 then well done but i bet you any money they wont be up by anywhere near that amount.

Finny

J.B said:
Fair point, and was something I was worried about.

Some fans would have gone anyway and so are saving money. But it means the club have lost out on some money.
Some fans only have a limited amount of available money to spend on hockey. So they may well choose to go to 2 of these cheapers games instead of 1 full price game. In which case the club haven't probably lost out.
Some fans though will decide that it is cheap enough to go to a game they weren't going to anyway. Whether these be current fans or brand new ones. I think El said he is taking lots of newbies - in which case the offer is brining in extra money.

I do agree with JB. I know many existing non ST fans have bought them.

Saying that, a few of PJ's work mates have bought some for Newcastle who have never been before.

El Supremo said:
Has anyone redeemed their voucher(s) yet? If so, did you simply give the vouchers to PI in exchange for discounted tickets?
I have, u just hand over the vouchers, say which games (1 for each or whatever) and u get back your tickets. All in the old away block though you can't choose which block to sit in.