Devils team and lines

matbur

Thread starter #1
I'm in Swansea and love ice-hockey, big Islanders fan and would watch you the Devils more than I currently do but I none of my family/friends are into hockey. I'm hoping to woo my girlfriend when the Devils move to the new arena and she'll like the new facilities and we can get season tickets.

Anyway, the point of the my post is about the Devils team. I tweeted the Inferno last night asking if anyone tweets the starting lines but it seems that nobody does.

All my knowledge of hockey comes from NHL video games or from watching NHL so I know line chemistry etc is important, so what about the Devils? I follow the results but know very little about the team.

What're are the typical forward lines and defensive pairings? Who're are the main scorers, assist men, enforcers etc, attacking defensemen, prospects etc?

One of my New Year's resolutions is to really get into the Devils in 2016 and I'll be there for the Dundee game (most probably sporting my Isles jersey!). :RAWK

matbur said:
What're are the typical forward lines and defensive pairings? Who're are the main scorers, assist men, enforcers etc, attacking defensemen, prospects etc?

One of my New Year's resolutions is to really get into the Devils in 2016 and I'll be there for the Dundee game (most probably sporting my Isles jersey!). :RAWK
I don't think even the coach knows in terms of forward lines!!

Recently its been Haddad-Culligan-Lord, Hervato-Morissette-Salters, Kurka-Doucet-Martin and seems to work well.

D pairing are Hotham-Richardson, Hendrikx-Batch and Hudson-Marsh but Mark Smith is rotated throughout the D.

Main scorers would be Doucet from the forwards and Hotham from the D. We are blessed with the best playmaker in the league, Joey Martin, who can also score for fun. Kurka oozes class and does a bit of everything, great skater and very strong on the puck.

Hendrikx carries out most of the enforcer duties whilst being a solid stay at home D-man (Who's having a stellar season) but Leigh Salters is the scariest man on the ice.

Prospects - Chris Jones has really upped his game over the last year or two and regularly plays on a PK unit - A huge responsibility.

matbur

Thread starter #3
Thanks for the reply - that's just the sorta thing I wanted to know. One question though, is there no fourth line?? Players must be putting in a lot of minutes! :shock:

Looking forward to tomorrow now.

Gazza272

matbur said:
Thanks for the reply - that's just the sorta thing I wanted to know. One question though, is there no fourth line?? Players must be putting in a lot of minutes! :shock:

Looking forward to tomorrow now.

Nottingham are the only team in the UK who run a regular 4th line.

In Cardiff we do have Chris Jones and Luke Piggot who have a few times this season gone out with one of our other centres as a make shift 4th line.

Generally though teams in the UK don't have the budget to run 4 equal strength lines.