Devils take over lease of IAW??

Discussion in 'Cardiff Devils & EIHL chat' started by Ejercito Rojas, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Josh Williamson

Josh Williamson Active Member

The IAW is not the home of the Devils, it’s the facility we use with other users.

Those other users are not coming into the IAW. It’s the running costs keeping it open that is the issue, if the facility does not cover these costs, action will be sort to recover debts, if new owners cannot be found to purchase the building, it’ll probably, like many other rinks, be demolished and the site repurposed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Wannabe2

Wannabe2 Well-Known Member

You really are a knob mate, the IAW is certainly the home of the Cardiff Devils, it sure ain't the home of the Sheffield Steelers, thank god. The problems of the IAW will be dealt with by the Devils, you know the team that plays there. Talking about demolishing it is the talk of a crank. Give it a rest please.

3. solelace84

solelace84 Active Member

Is it time for Electro to be banned again yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elliswf, wildthing74 and JC23 like this.
  4. wildthing74

wildthing74 Well-Known Member

How many more usernames do we have tolerate that seem to spout the same crap that coincidentally appear not long after the last gets banned?

5. august04

august04 Well-Known Member

I can absolutely recommend the "ignore" option!

Kipper and wildthing74 like this.
  6. Sheincar

Sheincar Well-Known Member

Has the club actually put out the statement that Todd promised last week? I did ask on Twitter but was ignored, as usual.

7. Josh Williamson

I’m guessing a statement, to include a list of intentions would be released once Todd has finalised which priorities he’s identified.

8. ASHIPP

ASHIPP Well-Known Member

And some of these might be subject o costing and practicality before permission is given.

9. Josh Williamson

A statement could possibly have contained clarification of the agreed position, limitations and expectations. Rumours and expectations may overtake reality.

10. Earnie

Earnie Well-Known Member

I think stretching the bench is a non starter for various reasons:
    1. Have you seen the concrete steps either side?
    2. Altering the structure in any way is probably prohibited
    3. Teams seem to manage just fine anyway
    4. If it's good enough for CHL it is probably ok for IIHF
    5. If it means loosing seats then it is out of the window. Todd loves selling seats
    more than anything!

11. Sheincar

Sheincar Well-Known Member

Especially given that the announcement, pre game, said that statement would be issued the next day. Would have expected some sort of statement outlining immediate plans & future hopes.

12. ASHIPP

ASHIPP Well-Known Member

Before major works are carried out or changes made, perhaps some of the basics could be re-visited first- the ladies toilets by block 16 were an absolute filthy disgrace tonight......at a venue that's relatively new! Loos blocked, no looroll refils, floors of cubicles wet etc.

Some of the stewarding staff could do with further training- a huge queue/group bottlenecking the crowd entry to the arena this evening because one of the main door attendants didn't know how to scan through groups.
    Sometimes entry via the reception area is a bit of a chaotic free-for-all when fans are just allowed to hang around the lobby rather than forming a queue by the barriers outside. Isn't that the whole point of the barriers?

Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
  13. Wannabe2

Wannabe2 Well-Known Member

'This ones for you Josh Williamson Give it a rest mate, do you get off on trying to wind people up. It's Xmas eve nye on and your still being a dick. We are top of the league, we have the best home we have ever had, and you are still being a childish , totally irrelevant little pest. Your only aim coming on here is to be one infantile little wind up, try getting a life, people on here talk about the club they love, try butting out , and keeping your childish remarks to yourself.

14. Josh Williamson

15. kingmo19.1

kingmo19.1 Active Member

Xmas Eve for some means listening on repeat to the Darkness - Don't let the Bells End !!!!!!

Finny likes this.
  16. bateman1969

bateman1969 Member

If the IAW want to make more money by getting in more people then they seriously need to look at skating prices and the website is dire.

17. Dannyg

Dannyg New Member

A couple of Planet Ice arenas that I've been to recently (Peterborough & Milton Keynes) have a Papa Johns pizza outlet inside the rink. Could this be an option to have Dominos, who sponsor the Devils, operating one at the IAW?

18. E.D.S.

E.D.S. Active Member

Hi Dannyg.... this was debated quite a bit on the Coventry thread recently. It’s a tough read when you flick through it as it took a few bizarre twists. I’m sure someone will correct me if I summarise wrong but in short it wasn’t deemed viable due to through put. We had one clever soul who was doing some sort of project on it and knew everything about this subject but sadly they are banned now.
    What I don’t think was uncovered though was why it works in those rinks but it wouldn’t work in ours. I could be wrong on that.
    Given the good work Todd and his team have done so far I’m sure he’ll review all options.
    Fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. pjj365

pjj365 Active Member

The foot fall on a daily basis is not there to make this of interest to a major chain. If the Devils can change this then maybe
    But who would chose over priced standard mass produced offerings over Rudi's great offering
    The aim is surely to increase revenues to IAW and whilst chains/franchises would pay for the privilege of having an outlet would it be enough in the long-term
    If IAW have the facilities it could turn itself into a destination for the local population who have nowhere other than Morrisons or the Harvester. There are opportunities which could be restricted by linking to a one product franchise

20. Pondlife

Pondlife Active Member

I noticed on Sunday that we now have price lists in the corner bars for both food and drinks and a clear "cash only" sign.