Devils sign James Livingston

CaldicotDevil

Loved how they vetted his attitude and didn't just go on his impressive CV.

Not quite surec how he's going to slot in though. Maybe;

Benti - Martin - Livingston
Hedden - Dixon - Linglet
Haddad - Ulmer - Pope *****what a 3rd line*****
Duggan - Myers - Mo

Wannabe2

Looks a great signing, well played Devils, again our Management step up to the plate, these guys are never happy to sit back on their Laurels, it’s just so good to have the best owners/ off ice personnel looking after this great clubs future. Welcome to Wales James.
VERY HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

Finny

Looks a quality addition. Reading up on him it sounds like he plays mainly as a defensive forward down the lines - but has better offensive ability than you would usually expect from that kind of guy.

Diablo3

Welcome to the Devils family James. I'm sure you will fit in quite nicely. The rest of the league are probably ecstatic that we have added to our fire power o_O

trapped

Based on the comments from Lordo, I dont think he's coming in to play top line, but will play up and down the lines as needed. Looks to have a decent offensive upside for a two way player. It will be interesting to see what sort of numbers he produces if given proper ice time to do so.

Welcome and good luck James!

Devil_Abroad

Loved how they vetted his attitude and didn't just go on his impressive CV.

Not quite surec how he's going to slot in though. Maybe;

Benti - Martin - Livingston
Hedden - Dixon - Linglet
Haddad - Ulmer - Pope *****what a 3rd line*****
Duggan - Myers - Mo
If he’s playing Saturday then I assume Haddad is still out - as he’s a RW then maybe

Benti- Martin-Pope
Linglet-Dixon-Hedden
Mosey-Ulmer-Livingston
Duggan-Myers-Morissette

RedDevil17

If he’s playing Saturday then I assume Haddad is still out - as he’s a RW then maybe

Benti- Martin-Pope
Linglet-Dixon-Hedden
Mosey-Ulmer-Livingston
Duggan-Myers-Morissette
Swap Livingston for Pope. Good signing and looking forward to seeing him play...welcome to Cardiff James

Devil_Abroad

Swap Livingston for Pope. Good signing and looking forward to seeing him play...welcome to Cardiff James
Not sure he’s a top line player? DEL2 is below EIHL and going by others comments based from Lord’s comments if he’s a shutdown two way player I think Martin would expect pope to be on his line?

It’s nice to hear of a signing and believe he will be able to add a bit of much needed two way depth, but......, does this mean that we will be closing the cheque book now or are we still looking at a further addition. I was hoping we can add a physical player aswell, in particular now Faryna has gone.

Either way though, I am extremely happy to have this announcement today and the fact that he is going to be here for the weekend is great. Livingstone has played and contributed in some of the best leagues there are and he is still relatively spritley at his age.

Let’s all give him a great welcome to our great city on game night.

As for the lines above, they look awesome in the EIHL.

Gazza272

It’s nice to hear of a signing and believe he will be able to add a bit of much needed two way depth, but......, does this mean that we will be closing the cheque book now or are we still looking at a further addition. I was hoping we can add a physical player aswell, in particular now Faryna has gone.

Either way though, I am extremely happy to have this announcement today and the fact that he is going to be here for the weekend is great. Livingstone has played and contributed in some of the best leagues there are and he is still relatively spritley at his age.

Let’s all give him a great welcome to our great city on game night.

As for the lines above, they look awesome in the EIHL.
Livingston is about Faryna's height and build by the looks of things, and doesnt seem to be scared to drop the gloves. I'd say this seems to be as close a replacement as we could have gotten?

RTfarty

On a bit of a tangent, interesting to note he's coming from the same league Joey Lewis is currently playing in (DEL2), where he currently has 30 points in 35 games.

BostonBart22

perhaps this is a long term replacement for haddad, may have a bad injury, who knows , if not all well and good, it will keep certain players on their toes as a player will be benched for games ahead..

OJLloyd

Just had a quick Google, as I won’t pretend I know anything about players in DEL2.

A number of the top video hits are of him dropping the gloves (though admittedly not all that recently as the hockey fights site doesn’t cover Europe). Decent points returns in good leagues.

Looks like he’s a points + physicality player, very much a Faryna replacement. Very happy with it.

SteveKing

Based on the team finding their form again and how strong our top six forwards are, Lordo's priority was to find a player that can step in to any line and probably just as importantly, have the right mindset to be HAPPY to play on any of our lines. We find that too many incoming imports are just too set on being a top line guy in our league and don't completely buy in if they aren't put in that role. James has made it his top priority to win and that's why he wanted to come to play with us. Can't ask for much more than that!

ASHIPP

Depth is everything with injuries and a hectic schedule. Add to that a player who is versatile and flexible - happy days. Welcome to Cardiff, James.