Devils shirt

Chris

Administrator
So let me get this straight.

A pleasant and civilised person picks up a Devils shirt which has been left in a hotel in Nottingham. She/he then brings it back to Cardiff and during the off season posts on the Cardiff Devils forum that she/he has the shirt.

Of course the only thing to do is berate the original poster and suggest they do it another way.

I hate to say it but this forum is getting very very clicky and at times tedious.

Happy hockey days though eh.
Was the anger/fustration not because of the suggestion that the shirt would be sold? That's how I read it anyway?

But whatever, shirt is going to be handed to the Devils office by @Sheincar so we don't need this pinned any more.

Gaz G

Sold with all proceeds going to charity. Sheincar has done a decent thing by bringing the shirt back to Wales. Yet some aren't happy that they've done enough to find the owner.

Some people on this forum are utterly infuriating. Picking fights for no reason other than to amuse themselves. Keyboard warriors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wannabe2

So let me get this straight.

A pleasant and civilised person picks up a Devils shirt which has been left in a hotel in Nottingham. She/he then brings it back to Cardiff and during the off season posts on the Cardiff Devils forum that she/he has the shirt.

Of course the only thing to do is berate the original poster and suggest they do it another way.

I hate to say it but this forum is getting very very clicky and at times tedious.

Happy hockey days though eh.
If that's a dig at me what have I said that was detrimental. I said I was happy to pick it up and hold onto it until the owner can be found.

Might be worth contacting the people who produce the program and placing info within it, having said that it's possible it belongs to a fan who resides outside of Wales. I would certainly hand it to the Devils office or the Police, just to be sure, technically it does not belong to you and therefore selling it off could become an issue if the owner eventually appears.

Sheincar

Thread starter #28
Might be worth contacting the people who produce the program and placing info within it, having said that it's possible it belongs to a fan who resides outside of Wales. I would certainly hand it to the Devils office or the Police, just to be sure, technically it does not belong to you and therefore selling it off could become an issue if the owner eventually appears.
And who will be producing the programme now Richard Murray's retired?
"The finder of lost property acquires a possessory right by taking physical control of the property, but does not necessarily have ownership of the property. The finder must take reasonable steps to locate the owner.[1] If the finder shows that reasonable steps to find the owner have been taken then the finder may establish that the required mens rea for theft, the intention to deprive the owner permanently, is absent.[2]"
Thank you for basically calling me a thief!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Then if you believe your steps to find the owner satisfies the requirements in law continue as you see fit.
If it was me, I'd have passed the shirt to the hotel management or the local police station to which the shirt was found, as the removal to Cardiff could be construed as unreasonable.

I'm not a fan of assumptions, the fact it is a Devils jersey does not mean it belongs to a person in Wales. Semantics really, if your happy to sell a jersey and donate the proceeds to charity, who am l to judge.

Sheincar

Thread starter #32
I'm not a fan of assumptions, the fact it is a Devils jersey does not mean it belongs to a person in Wales. Semantics really, if your happy to sell a jersey and donate the proceeds to charity, who am l to judge.
And yet you've joined those on here who feel the need to do so. The shirt will be taken to the office to moulder away in a corner.