Devils Parking update

pjj365

I'm not moaning BUT

If you don't have car park lights and allow a filter then it would probably be a further nightmare towards the Morrisons lights

What might help (certainly help me!) would be the use of the "in lane" as a right turn - don't know if it's feasible

Generally though we should thank the club for seeking and finding a solution to the parking problem. It will, as with all things, take time to bed down. Also, it can only be temporary until the council find a developer for the site

Gough60

After tireless effort, negotiations, time and expense the club (after continuing badgering on this forum) acquired secure parking across the road from the rink. Did you people believe that for 1 minute you were going to get out onto the main road just like that. STOP WHINING. The mentality of some drivers which again I witnessed in the pool car park of cutting across parking bays to exit the car park is frightening. If these morons just filtered in 1 by 1 it would all go so much quicker. Well done the Devils management for providing ample parking alternatives. Moaners just shut up.

august04

The club should rightly be applauded for securing that Toys R Us deal but it was utter chaos last night. I agree, some of the driving you see beggars belief and it gets very aggressive but that’s inevitable when people are desperate to get out and it’s gridlocked. It was simply a free for all, with no organisation in place to help people get out. I’m sure that will be looked at by the club though and it will improve. Wilcox House from now for me though, a far better option if you’re not staying for a pint.

Ger-Devils

All I can say is, it was the first game with this new car park in place. You will have teething issues. I’m sure the club/council are talking about traffic management. Will they change the lights? Maybe but people forget the lights by the harvester available.

May not be ideal for Penarth/Barry but for everyone else, very handy.

pjj365

All I can say is, it was the first game with this new car park in place. You will have teething issues. I’m sure the club/council are talking about traffic management. Will they change the lights? Maybe but people forget the lights by the harvester available.

Ger - without a managed right turn (i.e. even going right the Morrisons lights still impact getting out of TRU) you can't get to Harvester lights. You are right though if leaving IAW or pool car parks it is a good route and not just for Barry/Penarth

That is a good option. And would be alleviated somewhat by taking the bollards down, thus enabling two lane traffic to the lights, and people can then turn right to go that way

Ger-Devils

Ger - without a managed right turn (i.e. even going right the Morrisons lights still impact getting out of TRU) you can't get to Harvester lights. You are right though if leaving IAW or pool car parks it is a good route and not just for Barry/Penarth
If they can get the lights to be on for 2/3 minutes a time, it would be a huge help or even longer?

Not much traffic down there at that time of night so wouldn’t have much impact elsewhere

An update re ToysRus. We should have the keys from the Council this coming week, which will allow us to the drop the bollards, thus easing the flow of traffic entering and exiting the car park. Sadly the Council were unable to hand them to us on Friday as they had originally promised.

We will closely monitor the situation over the coming weeks with the aim of making the parking facilities as easy as possible for customers.

Best wishes
Katrina Williams
Cardiff Devils

I left block 17 on the buzzer and found it ok getting out of the car park, maybe 5 mins or so. But even during that quieter moment the one for one rule didn’t seem to register with some drivers. I arrived about an hour before face off and found only a small wait to get in. For a female driver travelling alone I felt safe parking there so thank you Cardiff Devils!

The proper entry/exit are not blocked with cones but rusted in rise/fall pilars.

Took me about 20 mins to exit - about the same as last time I used the pool car park and about the same as IAW car park

It will be variable I guess based on when you arrive/leave and where you can park. I'll try,again tonight but park nearer the entrance
They aren’t rusted in. They’re just locked. Nothing is rusted in place after that long.

pjj365

They aren’t rusted in. They’re just locked. Nothing is rusted in place after that long.
Having looked at them today I tend to agree - just repeating what I have been told by a council employee involved in traffic management/parking
Given Katrina's commentsI wonder if they have simply lost the key!

Leighton

aside from the wait at the exit give me toys r us over the rink car park any day of the week. especially with our traveller friends in residence (not that they would be interested in my car given they're all driving convertible 6 series beemers and the like) on Saturday we'll do the bownsy wave (assuming a win) queue for the player signing, have a drink at the bar then wander across 40 minutes after the game finishes and swish straight out.

matbur

They're Travellers not Al-Qaeda! Lol

They obviously shouldn't be parked up there, but they will get moved on or just up and leave at their own accord. They pretty much keep themselves to themselves and don't generally look to bother or intimidate people any more so than any other group of people.