Devils Parking update

youngbob

Lets not screw it up this time, keep it clean and tidy

Maybe it's time to NOT announce that the owner of AB18XYZ should move their car as it's about to be towed, a few like that would be an incentive for those who think blocking residents spaces/driveways is fair game

Temme

Thread starter #4
Lets not screw it up this time, keep it clean and tidy

Maybe it's time to NOT announce that the owner of AB18XYZ should move their car as it's about to be towed, a few like that would be an incentive for those who think blocking residents spaces/driveways is fair game
I'd love for the residents to just stop contacting the rink when it happens and phone someone to tow the vehicle.
secure parking and on the doorstep of the rink, massive kudos to the Devils for getting this one sorted.

There's been a string of Cars vandalised at Luton airport due to the streets proximity to the airport: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...dent-vandalises-cars-left-near-luton-airport/

there's only so long the residents of the bay will put up with people parking all over the curbs and blocking vehicles etc!

Bazza

Just as parking gets a positive step forward a load of travellers arrived last night and broke in to the old rink area!!

I would say it’s fine to park there. The pikeys are loaded, they won’t be interested in your Fords and Vauxhalls, they’re driving new convertible beamers and Porsche’s.

pjj365

I would say it’s fine to park there. The pikeys are loaded, they won’t be interested in your Fords and Vauxhalls, they’re driving new convertible beamers and Porsche’s.
And they get their money how?
Could it be from selling/scrapping old cars, selling tyres, hubcaps, bonnettes etc.
TRU for me

Having just taken ages to get out of Toys r us. Needless to say, I won’t be spending £3 and parking there again. Unless they sort the exit bollards, and not meandering out, where there could be two lanes of traffic. I think I’ll be sticking with the pool car park, or Wilcox house.

pjj365

The proper entry/exit are not blocked with cones but rusted in rise/fall pilars.

Took me about 20 mins to exit - about the same as last time I used the pool car park and about the same as IAW car park

It will be variable I guess based on when you arrive/leave and where you can park. I'll try,again tonight but park nearer the entrance

Were cars exiting through the entry as well as the exit, if not why not.
There was one entry/exit. A small gap between bollards. Your £3 investment has literally paid for a steward (there may be rent charges, I don’t know). There’s circa 100 cars at least. £300 for steward wages. I’m going to become a steward. Good money for few hours work

Took me 40mins to get out of toys r Us car park it’s not for me again. The build up of traffic on the main road from Iaw and pool car park was the main problem as cars couldn’t get onto the main road due to these cars waiting at traffic lights.