DEVILS INTRO.

Thread starter #1
Any chance of a change to the intro music or how players are introduced in the ice?

I loved the old intro it was really intimidating music and made for a good start to the game.

Can we introduce players one by one on to the ice!

I personally think it's to long at the moment.

Devils86

All about opinions but I love the intro. Preferred when we had smoke etc but can see why the fans who were affected by it wanted it removed.

I’ve had ideas for changing intro myself but trust the amazing work by Sully - no better person for the job.

I’d prefer more of the goals hits and fights and less of watching the players get dressed which is a little weird.

Sheffield are leading the way in their match night production at the moment. From intro, videos when an incident occurs, live video on the screen when puck is in play. Their webcast is also amazing quality, HD with loads of angles and HD slowmo. We need to catch up.

We can’t even get the corners of the clock filled at the moment!

RedDevil17

I’d prefer more of the goals hits and fights and less of watching the players get dressed which is a little weird.

Sheffield are leading the way in their match night production at the moment. From intro, videos when an incident occurs, live video on the screen when puck is in play. Their webcast is also amazing quality, HD with loads of angles and HD slowmo. We need to catch up.

I agree with this, they should also switch up the intro from time to time because it does get really boring after a while. I would also like to see some in game clips like amazing saves from Bowns, fights, hits, goals, clips from Davos and Vaxjo games and the cup lifting of all the trophies we’ve won these past few years under the Calgary 4. It would certainly get the fans more engaged!

august04

I thought I read somewhere that Kelman was doing something about that? Maybe an update from the fan council?
Agree with comments on the dressing room stuff, don’t know why it’s in the intro and would much prefer clips of goals, fights, saves and hits.

osh

Certainly never want to see live video on the screen when puck is in play, what for if you are at the game ? Would prefer any highlights to be shown in between periods when things can get a bit dull and repetitive.

dave

Guilford's new promo video starts with about a minute in changing rooms and is a bit random..Sully's pre season video is on the clubs Vimeo account and another great one.

BostonBart22

Agree devils players to be announed onto ice as they skate on...I remember the intros at the old wnir , the two teams were introduced from the goal line one by one... ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Paul Sullivan

I agree with this, they should also switch up the intro from time to time because it does get really boring after a while. I would also like to see some in game clips like amazing saves from Bowns, fights, hits, goals, clips from Davos and Vaxjo games and the cup lifting of all the trophies we’ve won these past few years under the Calgary 4. It would certainly get the fans more engaged!
The thinking behind the intro is that it's showing the team getting ready and getting us ready for the game. Also I like to show some of the things fans don't get to see hence the locker room stuff. Not sure when last you saw it but both League wins, the Playoffs and both CC wins are included in the current intro. Also some CHL clips. The Goat post-fight celly also, to name a few. More will be added as the season goes on.

Also It feels like a real Devils season when the intro is being discussed - normal service resumed ;-)

Thread starter #15
Yes the old school intro which sounded like the devil himself represents us really well.

This intro is not that good and a change would be nice

Because it’s an iconic comment, generously given by Steelers commentator Jonathan Fearnley. We didn’t get one last season in Belfast because, mostly, on the whole, their commentators are arseholes and gave the most muted comments to Hoth sealing the league.