Devils in ECHL

august04 2.0

IF the English clubs play a season without us as it has been reported they will be able to raid the better players before we even start and we'll be playing catch up with what could be the leftovers. It could go either way, nobody really knows or can be certain of anything.
Knowing our owners and MD, we will not be in the market for “leftovers”. I think that is safe to say.

KaneDevils

Jesse Mychan? Seem to recall mixed feelings about him. Personally thought he was a big let down and heard his attitude wasnt great. Better players out there for me. Had his chance. So he was 22, when he joined? Not sure how thats relevant, in all honesty.

Wannabe2

People are dying in huge numbers, this pandemic like never seen before, the Country is in lock down for gods sake, if anyone thinks they are going to open indoor arenas for Smith and Co, then carry on dreaming. Why people are even talking about this is totally insane, it’s never going to happen and rightly so. We are talking about life or death at the moment, not trying to make a buck. Stay Safe All.

moggy#9

People are dying in huge numbers, this pandemic like never seen before, the Country is in lock down for gods sake, if anyone thinks they are going to open indoor arenas for Smith and Co, then carry on dreaming. Why people are even talking about this is totally insane, it’s never going to happen and rightly so. We are talking about life or death at the moment, not trying to make a buck. Stay Safe All.
Agreed. There will be absolutely no prospect of hockey before about October as far as I can see. Even then I think that things will be quite different to what we remember. It wouldn't surprise me if people would have to produce vaccination certificates to get in, wear masks throughout games and possibly have zero food and drink sales. I think that is fair to say even in October covid19 won't be gone, it'll probably just be better controlled.

Devil94

I have always been on the cautious, pessimistic side of things concerning the virus, but I do think that we will have hockey back on time for next season. We are at the peak right now, and so it's sometimes difficult to see a way out and how will this ever end. But when we are in to April, we'll be looking at everyone considered 'at risk' to have been vaccinated. And then with the help of the seasons, we'll be able to carry on the vaccinations through the summer where the cases will be low like last summer. The hope is by pre season and possibly CHL matches in late August, we'll be through a good chunk of the 16-50s too.

This obviously depends on a smooth vaccine rollout, and that the vaccines are as effective as hoped. Almost certainly will involve masks, and maybe even a vaccine certificate if that can be sorted out. No food and drink a possibility also. Whatever the restrictions are though, I'm sure everyone will be happy with them just so we can watch the Devils on the ice again.

Last edited:

Wannabe2

Devil94 I so hope you are right with your predictions, restrictions wouldn’t be a problem as long as we could watch our amazing club in safety, let’s hope 8 months can get us a lot further down the road to recovery. Stay Safe All.

BostonBart22

I have always been on the cautious, pessimistic side of things concerning the virus, but I do think that we will have hockey back on time for next season. We are at the peak right now, and so it's sometimes difficult to see a way out and how will this ever end. But when we are in to April, we'll be looking at everyone considered 'at risk' to have been vaccinated. And then with the help of the seasons, we'll be able to carry on the vaccinations through the summer where the cases will be low like last summer. The hope is by pre season and possibly CHL matches in late August, we'll be through a good chunk of the 16-50s too.

This obviously depends on a smooth vaccine rollout, and that the vaccines are as effective as hoped. Almost certainly will involve masks, and maybe even a vaccine certificate if that can be sorted out. No food and drink a possibility also. Whatever the restrictions are though, I'm sure everyone will be happy with them just so we can watch the Devils on the ice again.
Hopefully your spot on with return to hockey, fingers crossed it will start as a normal season, but the govt has hinted a lockdown will be needed in the winter months to protect the NHS so the hockey may have a winter break around january..

Devil94

So the UK target is every adult to be vaccinated by the autumn, which you would think is September. If that's the case, we can at least be hopeful for now that we will see hockey in 2021. I guess we'll have more idea on that as we get in to the summer.

The key for all governments is to be proactive rather than reactive when cases will be low in the summer, work extremely hard to ensure that large measures won't need to be introduced next winter. I hold my breath...

KaneDevils

I cant see concerts happening sorry to say and people shouldn't be leaving the country to watch one. No offence. Of course covid wont go away, just like the common flu which causes thousands of deaths each year. Until the vaccine is ready available, little will change. What I do hope changes is our government. Cant car share but it's ok for taxis to continue as normal. Off licenses can remain open. You couldn't make it up.

Wannabe2

Watched Rapid City Rush today and couldn’t believe the crowd, loads of people all sat next to each other, must have been 60% full, and at least half not wearing masks. Like the idiots that invaded Trumpsville, thousands of them all mingling together unbelievable, and only in America they are total fruit cakes.

Kevlar68

I cant see concerts happening sorry to say and people shouldn't be leaving the country to watch one. No offence. Of course covid wont go away, just like the common flu which causes thousands of deaths each year. Until the vaccine is ready available, little will change. What I do hope changes is our government. Cant car share but it's ok for taxis to continue as normal. Off licenses can remain open. You couldn't make it up.
No offence taken just trying to lighten the mood a little.

Of course i would only travel if it was safe to, i wouldn't just go cause i want to. I cancelled 3 European trips last year even though i could have gone as i thought it wasn't safe enough.

As for people shouldn't be leaving the country to watch a concert then i guess your also saying shouldn't be leaving the country to go on holiday or to follow their team or for business reasons?

If we can't then we can't but if the governments of ALL the European countries say we can then we can BUT i wouldn't travel without having the vaccine anyway.

Last edited:

KaneDevils

Of course i would only travel if it was safe to, i wouldn't just go cause i want to. I cancelled 3 European trips last year even though i could have gone as i thought it wasn't safe enough.

As for people shouldn't be leaving the country to watch a concert then i guess your also saying shouldn't be leaving the country to go on holiday or to follow their team or for business reasons?

If we can't then we can't but if the governments of ALL the European countries say we can then we can BUT i wouldn't travel without having the vaccine anyway.
Nice to see somebody with good morals. We as a family have cancelled 3 holidays and wont travel unless until we have all been vaccinated. I dont trust the government so im not going to do things just because t

Agree with you mate, good to see the right attitude during these unusual times.

Mazzoak

The “experts“ are unsure for how long immunity will be guaranteed after receiving the vaccine, some stating no more than 6 months. If that’s correct those being vaccinated now will be vulnerable in the Autumn. If at that point mutated viruses exist on any part of the planet, this whole cycle potentially could be repeated. We could see this going on for many many years, potentially never ending and a complete lifestyle change will be necessary or just as with Cancers, we continue to search for cures whilst accepting premature death is inevitable for many.

Kevlar68

Whatever happens i'll stick to the rules and what i feel safe with. It's up to each individual how they deal with it, some will obey by the rules others will stick 2 fingers up to it out of selfishness.

NathanG

It's fine to leave the country. You have to wear masks on planes. In addition to that, the countries I visited last year, wearing a mask was mandatory in public, long before it was in the UK. All in all, I felt "safe."

kingmo19.1

The “experts“ are unsure for how long immunity will be guaranteed after receiving the vaccine, some stating no more than 6 months. If that’s correct those being vaccinated now will be vulnerable in the Autumn. If at that point mutated viruses exist on any part of the planet, this whole cycle potentially could be repeated. We could see this going on for many many years, potentially never ending and a complete lifestyle change will be necessary or just as with Cancers, we continue to search for cures whilst accepting premature death is inevitable for many.
Anything positive to say (ever) Mazzoak ???