Devils in ECHL

Mazzoak

Lord will also get an NHL coaching contract & Stanley ring in 2nd year with New Jersey. Then return to Cardiff with all our current squad, plus Crosby & Chara. The EIHL will grow into a 30 team league, compete in KHL.

Once the flood gates of positivity open there’s no going back, I’m on a roll.......

kingmo19.1

Lord will also get an NHL coaching contract & Stanley ring in 2nd year with New Jersey. Then return to Cardiff with all our current squad, plus Crosby & Chara. The EIHL will grow into a 30 team league, compete in KHL.

Once the flood gates of positivity open there’s no going back, I’m on a roll.......
That negativity to positivity counselling session looks like it’s worked a treat! :)

Devil94

International travel now looks further away than a few months ago. UK looks likely to implement a forced quarantine period in a hotel, along with a negative test to anyone returning to the country. Other countries will be more very cautious of letting tourists in with with the developments of new variants. Spain have already said it will be at least the end of summer before Brits are allowed in, when 70%+ of their population have been vaccinated. I imagine it will be the same for the rest of Europe.

Kevlar68

You watch that change.
Even though the whole world is desperate to get the virus under control many European countries are all about tourist trade, Hotels, Bars, Restaurants, Gift shops etc
If the island where my bar is went another season without tourists over half the businesses would remain closed for good and more AI hotels will rise.
Many well established businesses on my island are struggling after losing one season so there is no hope for businesses maybe 1 or 2 seasons old and not established.
All this is very easy to say in the winter when most tourists resorts are closed or nearly empty, weathers bad so people stay in allot more but as soon as that big golden globe in the sky shows its face with a little warmth tourist trade will start to be on allot of governments minds.

Last edited:

Kevlar68

And as i predicted only 2 days ago we're not out of winter yet, worldwide very few people have had the vaccine and talks of easing tourism begins.
Only last week Spain said they were looking at the end of the summer to start but now.........

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/worl...n-of-tourists-in-weeks/ar-BB1d2EX9?li=BBoPRmx

Only takes one country that relies on tourism to open up and then the floodgates open.

Welcome to the world of perpetual lockdown :mad:

Last edited:

Devil94

Rumours are that hotel quarantines will come in to affect in mid February, and will last until May. Even if other countries open in Spring, this would mean travel during that time will cost £1500 more and 14 days in a hotel on return. The travel industry obviously don't want this but it has been a requirement in Australia and NZ for nearly a year, and look how life is there right now. Going hard like this hurts short term but means normality will be closer and sooner, it's just a shame it's taken the UK Gov 10 months to figure this out.

Kevlar68

You’ve never seen the film The Great Escape :)
The Great Escape - Its a long way to dig
Pappillon - Its a long way to float on a coconut shell raft

Also if you only got 2 weeks holiday booked by the time you dig (20 years) or aimlessly float around in oceans (5 years) your booked 2 weeks would be over then when you get back to UK shores you have to stay in isolation hotel, think i'll save my holidays.