Devils at mannheim

Mazzoak

Greetings from Mannheim ! I really enjoyed the first live game after soooo long time. Great to see ýour team here and and as I love the Welsh anthem here's a short video : Adler vs Devils
Enjoy !

Mike
Great to here from a CHL supporter, congratulations on a great game, not the result we wanted but from a purest point of view watch your team was a joy to behold, both live & on tv.

Good luck going forward, pretty sure you‘ll be going far this year....

BostonBart22

15 skaters against the best team in Germany, only our 3rd game together we can only get stronger, and certainly will get better. We couldn’t score against this team at ours, but scored 2 tonight and it could have been 3/4, these lads gave their all tonight, yes we made some mistakes and very good teams will punish you for that and they did. But these lads must have been close to being on their knees in the3rd, so hats off to them we are 3-4 leagues under these teams, so all in all judge this team against Giants, Steelers etc not Mannheim, Lausanne etc.

Finny

Really shocked at how many negative comments there were on here at the start of the thread before the more level-headed posters replied.

Last week we conceded early goals and the game was over. This time we tried to play a very defensive first period, it worked for a while but you make one mistake and a team this good will punish you.

2nd and 3rd periods I thought we had some impressive spells. Yes it was a heavy loss but to be honest I expected a lot worse.

With our lack of preseason and short bench I expected 3 or 4 heavy defeats and perhaps a couple of games where we kept it respectable. The fact we won a game means for me we’ve already over-achieved in this CHL campaign.

Finny

Coach skalde is really going to need to work on break outs. We really can't expect to go for long passes without support and then rely on coping it into the corner. I'm really not seeing any evidence of a game plan here.
It’s almost as if the coach hasn’t been able to run practise sessions with the team. Has he been locked up in his house for two weeks.......oh...

fridaysfingers

Really shocked at how many negative comments there were on here at the start of the thread before the more level-headed posters replied.

Last week we conceded early goals and the game was over. This time we tried to play a very defensive first period, it worked for a while but you make one mistake and a team this good will punish you.

2nd and 3rd periods I thought we had some impressive spells. Yes it was a heavy loss but to be honest I expected a lot worse.

With our lack of preseason and short bench I expected 3 or 4 heavy defeats and perhaps a couple of games where we kept it respectable. The fact we won a game means for me we’ve already over-achieved in this CHL campaign.
When you think about it, at least three of the goals against were directly from individual errors, the score line is not so big.
The gulf in class on the night still as big but possibly would have been perceived to be a great battling performance if 4-2

Wannabe2

Absolutely correct 3 very bad mistakes resulted in 3 goals, in fairness they had a few come off the metalwork, but make mistakes against these teams and they bury the puck. The guys on the night left it all out on the ice, and you can’t ask for more than that, these games however will stand us in good stead and there’s a ton of positives to take from them, and the bonding will be invaluable a close knit team usually results in a winning team. When we won the Inaugral Superleague that team would have gone through a brick wall for each other, it’s a huge factor towards success, so another beauty to watch tonight and we wish the lads well. Then we get down to the knitty gritty and I for one can’t wait, So Let’s Go Devils, Let’s Go.