Devils are UK's most loved hockey team

moggy#9

Thread starter #4
Proves what we've all known all along, other people love our club as much as we do.
I think it's as much about the fans as the club itself. Certainly going as far back as rodovre and tilburg the traveling support has built a great reputation. That has clearly continued with our involvement in the CHL. Our fantastic ownership group has also made us the envy of other clubs, with regard to the operations and business sides.

Last edited:
https://www.britishicehockey.co.uk/...ed-as-one-of-the-uks-most-loved-sports-teams/
I don't really understand some of the measures used, but it's sure to rile up certain other teams. But then we're always knew that everyone hates the Steelers. ;-)
That is great news for the club in general and testament for all the hard work put in by the club and the fan engagement.

I wonder if anyone has flagged this up on the Steelers forum or twitter, sure they would love to kno his going into tonight's game.

Seriously though, this maybe a good opportunity to link in with Sports Direct for a sponsorship deal given that we are the number 1 supported/followed Ice Hockey club in Britain. It may well work in our favour from a financial backing point of view. Wouldn't it be nice to see Sports Direct selling some Cardiff Devils branded clothing or Ice Hockey merch. Even if it is only local shops I feel it could increase our fan base further and only stand as good promotion for the club in general.

It would be great to see not just our club but British Ice Hockey in general having a more widespread captive audience.

Not sure exactly how they got their figures but I will take that as a win for the devils. Lol.

Pembo

That is great news for the club in general and testament for all the hard work put in by the club and the fan engagement.

I wonder if anyone has flagged this up on the Steelers forum or twitter, sure they would love to kno his going into tonight's game.

Seriously though, this maybe a good opportunity to link in with Sports Direct for a sponsorship deal given that we are the number 1 supported/followed Ice Hockey club in Britain. It may well work in our favour from a financial backing point of view. Wouldn't it be nice to see Sports Direct selling some Cardiff Devils branded clothing or Ice Hockey merch. Even if it is only local shops I feel it could increase our fan base further and only stand as good promotion for the club in general.

It would be great to see not just our club but British Ice Hockey in general having a more widespread captive audience.

Not sure exactly how they got their figures but I will take that as a win for the devils. Lol.
Getting into bed with Sports Direct would be financially beneficial but would automatically ensure we would struggle to come out top of a similar survey next year! But may mean shop starts selling gigantic Devils mugs…

E.D.S.

This isn’t a playoff trophy or a league win, this is something totally different. This is about how we conduct ourselves, how our ownership group conduct themselves, how we run a match night experience. In my simple view, this is vindication of how we do what we do. Yes it’s a simple survey driven by stats (that could mean anything) but let’s take the positives, this is just reward for who we are and those that represent us… players, owners and fans. Worth a small celebration in my eyes. Well done all.

Even

We do sell NHL hoodies and t shirts but it’s only for maple leafs, rangers, penguins and golden knights. Also done ice skates at one point too

Samael

Not sure l want Mike Ashley or his money associated with the devils. He allegedly treats his staff like dirt, has ruined the reputation for quality of a number of British brands (Karimor, Slazenger, Lonsdale) by buying them out then switching to using cheap materials and sweatshop labour in the far East to penny pinch. His millions did nothing for Newcastle utd either and his ownership of them just decreased their value.

No, keep him and his business a million miles from the Club and as for Devils merch in his stores, wasn't that meant to be a thing as part of the Peacocks sponsorship deal but didn't happen? Having said that has anyone even been in one of their stores since the 90's so maybe they did? Either way Corky does a good job and l wouldn't want to see his livelihood dented by a deal with sportsdirect.com, even if its all pie in the sky, thank goodness, because everything Ashley touches turns to shit but makes his margins even bigger.

Last edited:

rocketbob

Getting into bed with Sports Direct would be financially beneficial but would automatically ensure we would struggle to come out top of a similar survey next year! But may mean shop starts selling gigantic Devils mugs…
As a Newcastle United fan (alongside my Devils allegiances), I would advise against getting into any merchandising deal with Sports Direct (or having anything to do with Mike Ashley) as amongst many other things they are still in legal fights/suing with Rangers and Newcastle United about previous deals.