Devils and coach part ways

Kevin roog

He surely wouldn’t have done that interview if he knows he leaving today,devils twitter has been quite all day,normally tweeting every hour with things like 10 things what’s happening tomorrow,hardly anything today

august04 2.0

I'm gutted. Not been a perfect season by any means, but for what I expected to be a learning, building season in a long tenure as a new coach, I thought there were plenty of positive signs. He took us against the odds to the first final on offer, and we very nearly won it. He recruited some real gems who I had hoped would stay here with him for a long time. Now we have to start again.
I hope this was a personal reason for Jarrod to leave, and not the club's. That would be disappointing.
I’m shocked but not gutted. It’s been a very average season, which was pretty awful to watch too until the DuPont/Coughler change. I’ve quite enjoyed the general style of play since Christmas but we're still so inconsistent, we've started games slowly all season and Carruth has won us many games that we had no right to win too. And we're still way off competing with the top two for the league title. It’s a shame that it hasn’t worked out but I think there will be significant changes next year, from this roster. I just don’t see our owners/management tolerating another season like this one.

As I said on twitter, I just hope that he hasn't had to leave with such strange timing for a non-hockey/family reason. We know he has a family and in my opinion he always seemed extremely committed to the job and the organisation so for this to happen less than 24hrs before a sold out home game, my main thought is concern. For my 2p's worth I thought he did a good job as a coach and I was looking forward to next season with him at the helm again. Good luck in the future Coach Skalde & Family!

E.D.S.

I don't know what I'm more excited about.... seeing how the boys respond tomorrow night or waiting for Mazzoaks post where she tells us she knew all along and that the rising price of fuel forced Skalde out.

To echo beachbumb4034.... I do hope this is hockey related and all is well with the Skalde's. Wish him all the best too.

Slartibartfast

No idea what has happened here. I thought he was OK as a coach but I always struggled to understand his random line changes. To happen just before the play offs something must of gone very wrong in the changing room or with management.

Devil94

It's worth keeping in mind how our league is unusual, it and takes some adjusting and learning on how to be successful. Adam Keefe's Giants came 5th in his first year as head coach. Christ, if we were 5th this year some fans would have lost their heads. But Belfast stuck with him and the next year they won the league, and they have continued to build to be the team they are now.
Now we have to start from scratch again with a new coach, another learning and transitioning season. And whoever the poor bugger that takes the job will have to deal with devils fans chucking their toys out the pram at every turn.

Ejercito Rojas

He wasn't the coach we needed, for me. He seemed to struggle with the British game and way to play. Ironically, the way we play make us more suited to cup competition - being able to beat anyone on our day but not sustainable - so it's a shame to see him go at this point of the season.
Definately. I said a few months ago that we had become the Nottingham Panthers.
It now seems that the Nottingham Panthers have become the Edinburgh Capitals!!

GAVIN

Piggsy head coach for next season.... big shout out to him last Friday... skalde may have been undermined by this?

Hedd Wyn John

Piggsy head coach for next season.... big shout out to him last Friday... skalde may have been undermined by this?
Sorry I missed that. What happened to Piggsy last Friday?

As far as I know Piggsy has got a top scientific career out in Switzerland and it looks like he's really enjoying it out there. Can't see him coming back to coaching.

It's worth keeping in mind how our league is unusual, it and takes some adjusting and learning on how to be successful. Adam Keefe's Giants came 5th in his first year as head coach. Christ, if we were 5th this year some fans would have lost their heads. But Belfast stuck with him and the next year they won the league, and they have continued to build to be the team they are now.
Now we have to start from scratch again with a new coach, another learning and transitioning season. And whoever the poor bugger that takes the job will have to deal with devils fans chucking their toys out the pram at every turn.
Stop talking sense.

BostonBart22

I don't know what I'm more excited about.... seeing how the boys respond tomorrow night or waiting for Mazzoaks post where she tells us she knew all along and that the rising price of fuel forced Skalde out.

To echo beachbumb4034.... I do hope this is hockey related and all is well with the Skalde's. Wish him all the best too.
Plus covid and brexit issues

E.D.S.

Cracking post. Very true. I think Keefe earned a few more years grace out of respect for his playing career there but it's definitely a fair point.

Wannabe2

So weird at this stage of the season, like others I hope the Skalde family are all good,we move on now and set out to try to win the one trophy we can still win. It’s been a season full of trials and tribulations, and certainly like no other just hope we do ourselves proud now, it’s going to be one interesting off season, with probably off the main word.

E.D.S.

Sorry I missed that. What happened to Piggsy last Friday?

As far as I know Piggsy has got a top scientific career out in Switzerland and it looks like he's really enjoying it out there. Can't see him coming back to coaching.
Just a really pedantic and pathetic observation from myself that doesn't really warrant the air time. Todd said "We have a special guest here tonight who needs no introduction" so he didn't give him one :D