DeLuca

BostonBart22

No doubt that team needs spicing up...still no punishment dished out to steelers then, hard to believe as he was employed by them , all this medicine for his cold is just a screen , anyone know the result of the 2nd test, doubt it as its probably positive.

moggy#9

I don’t think Steelers should be penalised for something a player has done, , there’s 20 odd others who are totally innocent.
It comes down to whether the nature of the substance was considered performance enhancing. If it was then, knowingly or not, Steelers derived benefit and so that needs to be addressed.

The lack of comment from the league on this is worrying and in my opinion whiffs a bit of Steelers discount.

BostonBart22

Athletics had a gb team , seem to remember 1 of the runners was on some drug and got caught,and the 4 runners got stripped of medals . Just a shame eihl have not come out and said he is guilty or not, seems like its been brushed under the carpet for some reason, and that sways to being guilty..

kettdevil1

Athletics had a gb team , seem to remember 1 of the runners was on some drug and got caught,and the 4 runners got stripped of medals . Just a shame eihl have not come out and said he is guilty or not, seems like its been brushed under the carpet for some reason, and that sways to being guilty..
I think you are on very shaky ground if you punish a team for an individual's mistake. In relays you have four defined people but in hockey where do you stop..... the 19 squad players, the manager, a player who was released early in the season? I think all you can do is punish the player.

I believe that it has been announced that it was non-performance enhancing and that the result would be announced in due course so.... it's frustrating that we don't know but I think the EIHL are in a tricky position in that they need to follow procedures but I do think more communication would be useful about timelines

terry hunt

This looks all a bit strange,De Luca has been red flagged on Elite as "Doping Indefinite Suspension" and suddenly he signs for an ECHL team no explanation from any official source and the red flag is taken down.

moggy#9

What this league needs is someone independent to run it. The fact that we even have these sorts of conversations shows the problems the league has with credibility at times.

kettdevil1

Looking back, he had till last Monday to respond to the claims and then his case would be considered. The loophole is that not all leagues sign up to the same anti-doping agenda so whilst he might well be banned by UKAD, that doesn’t always mean he can’t play elsewhere….

Devils86

When the ECHL side announced his signing via their twitter (which is the only actual acknowledgment of the situation I think - nothing from Steelers since his suspension and nothing at all from the league) there was a comment saying he had been suspended for using marijuana, which is legal in the area of his new club so no issue.

In which case there would be nothing coming down the road to the Steelers punishment wise as it wouldn't be performance enhancing anyway...even if the league were inclined to act