Dave Whistle

BostonBart22

Thread starter #1
Good to see him back on our shores with Nottingham until end of season , helping out with training and on bench match nights..

ASHIPP

He knows the EIHL well. He will be a huge help to the Panthers and will take the pressure off Matheson who has had a lot on his plate since Wallace's departure.

kettdevil1

Good move all round. Seemed a strange move for him to be sacked by Leeds (although to be fair they have been going well since he left) but glad he has picked up another gig

JC23

Good move all round. Seemed a strange move for him to be sacked by Leeds (although to be fair they have been going well since he left) but glad he has picked up another gig
I think Leeds wanted him to move into a sole “hockey ops” role, rather than the dual role he was doing, and he refused. Rather than him being straight up sacked by them.

kettdevil1

I think Leeds wanted him to move into a sole “hockey ops” role, rather than the dual role he was doing, and he refused. Rather than him being straight up sacked by them.
Fair point yes, he didn't like the change of structure. Whatever the background, i would argue it is a good pick up for Nottingham

ASHIPP

Panthers'fans as usual are whinging, concentrating on the negatives as usual....I think they wanted Scotty Bowman but he wasn't available!

Dave Whistle is a man who knows this league. He is vocal on the bench. He is instrumental in training and can take pressure off Matheson and Lee who have been temporarily filling the coaching role.

Panthers just need to get to the end of the season, playing competitive hockey. Whistle can help them do that.

Wannabe2

Panthers are in a very bad place at the moment, they should be very dominant in this league but they are truly a mess this season.

James

Administrator
Whistle is a lovely chap. When we interviewed him for Inferno TV he turned up with a crate of beers and a lot of stories. Lets hope it takes him till after the weekend to get going though :)