Dave Simms.......again

E.D.S.

Thread starter #1
I'm 8 minutes in to the Friday night hockey on Sky and I've had to put it on mute.
Dave Simms you are an idiot!!

I didn't realise the Steelers had all of the best players.
"Sarich is easily the most talented defense man in the league."
"legue is the quickest player in the league."
"Phillips has the best work ethic in the league."

I know they are top of the league and deservedly so but do me a favour Simms put down the mike, take your head out of your backside and stick to game nights in Sheffield.

Oh...Steelers have just gone two nil and he's near to climaxing!! What a numbnut!!

Wannabe2

And Dowd is the new Mario Lemieux, WHAT A FIRST CLASS PRAT, the Steelers are wasted in this league with these truely amazing players. :roll: :lol:

E.D.S.

Thread starter #3
It's also interesting how he gets to go down to the refs room during the break (ok so I un-muted it for a bit).....now I'm not pointing the finger at anyone but this man week in week out proves that he can't be impartial in any way, shape or form and yet he's allowed to bend the ear of the refs during perios breaks!! I wonder if Brent is extended the same courtesy! I'd love to be a fly on the wall when he's in there, although you can probably imagine the type of things he'd be saying!
Is there a facebook site or a petition heading towards downing street that we can all sign to get this man out of the public arena?! This guy is a joke!

Wannabe2

Sarich now hits like a Bull, Simmsy should know about BULL, and also Sarichs engine is amazing :lol: :lol: :lol:
Shame about Tait he just got decked big time :lol: :lol: :lol:

E.D.S. said:
I'm 8 minutes in to the Friday night hockey on Sky and I've had to put it on mute.
Dave Simms you are an idiot!!

I didn't realise the Steelers had all of the best players.
"Sarich is easily the most talented defense man in the league."
"legue is the quickest player in the league."
"Phillips has the best work ethic in the league."

I know they are top of the league and deservedly so but do me a favour Simms put down the mike, take your head out of your backside and stick to game nights in Sheffield.

Oh...Steelers have just gone two nil and he's near to climaxing!! What a numbnut!!
They have got all this and they play in a less than half full arena with no atmosphere, give me the tent with our underated team with a lot of atmosphere anyday..... :) by the way their cheer leaders don't exactly get the crowd going do they...... :lol:

As Dave Simms says, if your not doing anything on a sunday night, get to Cardiff there is bound to be a couple of scraps, i'm not being funny if Sheffield had scored 8 goals he would be creaming in his jeans. The guy is an idiot :evil: :evil: :evil:

Sliput

I actually thought he was quite funny.

He is never going to be impartial....lets be brutally honest here,would you be if Sky asked you to do a game that involved the Devils ?

I liked his comment about Tait though when he had stitches in his lip ''Well we all know Tait has no good looks to worry about'' (or words to that effect).

Brent is hilarious when he does the commentry for our games ,he is so bias towards us its unbelieveable. :lol:
We all know what Simmsy is like and he will never change,so you can either start threads slating him everytime he acts like an idiot OR you can just let him get on with it....the latter is less stressfull :D

E.D.S.

Thread starter #12
Sliput said:
We all know what Simmsy is like and he will never change,so you can either start threads slating him everytime he acts like an idiot OR you can just let him get on with it....the latter is less stressfull :D
I'm up for option one. The blokes a **** and deserves all the threads he can get about him. I'll dedicate my life to it if I have to!!

Sliput said:
I actually thought he was quite funny.

He is never going to be impartial....lets be brutally honest here,would you be if Sky asked you to do a game that involved the Devils ?

I liked his comment about Tait though when he had stitches in his lip ''Well we all know Tait has no good looks to worry about'' (or words to that effect).
Brent is hilarious when he does the commentry for our games ,he is so bias towards us its unbelieveable. :lol:
Pity they didn't stitch his bloddy lips together, then again he'd then copy simms and moan out of his backside

Sliput

E.D.S. said:
Sliput said:
I'm up for option one. The blokes a knob and deserves all the threads he can get about him. I'll dedicate my life to it if I have to!!
Ah...but the more you post about him,the more he loves it and the more he loves it the more his ego grows ;)

Gazza272

Are we really going to have a thread about the guy everytime he says something.

It's making the inferno and Cardiff fans in general look a little bit obsessive to be honest. I dont really see what he said on sky as all that bad, in fairness Sarich probably does have a case of being best D man in the league this year, it would be between him and tyson.

Legue probably does have a case for being the fastest in the league this year, who would be faster?

Phillips probably does have a case for the best work Ethic, thats a lot harder to judge though as the league is full of grinders.

Until he starts mouthing off in the press and spreading down right untruths about us, is this hunt against him really nessecery?

Sorry to have a whinge like :lol:

Wannabe2

E.D.S. said:
Sliput said:
I'm up for option one. The blokes a knob and deserves all the threads he can get about him. I'll dedicate my life to it if I have to!!

Im with you brother there is only one option and thats one, i have known this prat for years, and he was a prat donkeys years ago, and is still one now.

Gazza272

James said:
Gazza272 said:
It's OK Gazza, we know you have to make a token support of Sheffield every so often ;)

What are you insinuating? :lol:

Nah i will give them a good dressing down if they need it, and thats usually when they make sure that people hear them. At present though it seems a few of us are going looking for it, which imo isnt very healthy.

E.D.S.

Thread starter #19
Gazza272 said:
Are we really going to have a thread about the guy everytime he says something.

It's making the inferno and Cardiff fans in general look a little bit obsessive to be honest. I dont really see what he said on sky as all that bad, in fairness Sarich probably does have a case of being best D man in the league this year, it would be between him and tyson.

Legue probably does have a case for being the fastest in the league this year, who would be faster?

Phillips probably does have a case for the best work Ethic, thats a lot harder to judge though as the league is full of grinders.

Until he starts mouthing off in the press and spreading down right untruths about us, is this hunt against him really nessecery?

Relax, it's just a bit of fun, there's nothing unhealthy about it. I did state that the Steelers were deserving of their place at the top and Sarich has had a good season. I think it's just the constant lauding of the players that's gets me and the narrow minded-ness that consumes the man and his inward thinking that all things hockey begin and end in Sheffield. None of their players are ever 'good' or 'reasonable' they are always "the best in the league", the best things since sliced bread, "the players that everyone wants"- it's a bit much and a tad unprofessional for me.

There's no witch hunt and nobody is "looking for anything". He's in the public arena and puts himself out there by being on sky and the articles he write, he's there to be shot down and poked fun at - just like everyone else!

Admittedly today's coverage wasn't as bad as normal this post was just a bit of fun. No harm done. Would I really dedicate my life to it? I very much doubt it - i'd still sign a petition though (just kidding!)

Gazza272

E.D.S. said:
Relax, it's just a bit of fun, there's nothing unhealthy about it. I did state that the Steelers were deserving of their place at the top and Sarich has had a good season. I think it's just the constant lauding of the players that's gets me and the narrow minded-ness that consumes the man and his inward thinking that all things hockey begin and end in Sheffield. None of their players are ever 'good' or 'reasonable' they are always "the best in the league", the best things since sliced bread, "the players that everyone wants"- it's a bit much and a tad unprofessional for me. Admittedly today's coverage wasn't as bad as normal this post was just a bit of fun. No harm done. Would I really dedicate my life to it? I very much doubt it - i'd still sign a petition though (just kidding!)

In some ways i am in full agreement with you, its silly of the EIEIO to have one of the teams press officers to be fronting the sky sports show, i'll commentate for free if they want me to :D

So on that basis its going to be hard for Dave to basically stop doing his job which as PR guy for the Steelers is to big up his players as much as he can. The buck for me stops with the EIEIO and they proabbly need to look at it for next season.

oh and where can i sign that petition? :lol: