Darnell

Skippy

He had been shocking of late.

The number of times he just calls a penalty for what is clearly retaliation and then nothing for the initial penalty is staggering.

You have to wonder how long its going to be until his lack of control sees someone getting badly hurt when tempers fray as things just aren't being called well.

Skippy

Devil_Bluebird said:
Any chance we can have a whip around on here and buy him a copy of the rule book for christmas?

;)
That would need some kind of rule book to be published and we can't have that now can we :D

the devil himself said:
how the heck did he not call that blatant trip on maxi on the blue line? one word moron!
It was on Michel wasn't it? Or maybe I'm thinking of a different one. The one on Michel which was shown again on the TV screens a few times was beyond blatent. Its not like he missed it, he just laughed and shook his head to say no penalty. Note to Darnell - just because our players carry on playing and keep posession of the puck and don't immediately stop to whine to you that it should have been a penalty doesn't mean you don't have to call it!

Given that Hicks was allegedly punched by a Belfast fan and on some forums I saw that he's allegedly said he's not reffing over there again, does that mean we're more likely to see him in Cardiff? Darnell can do all the Belfast games from now on. I never thought I'd see the day, that I actually would rather Hicks ref our games :lol:

The Man is an "IDIOT" Why cant something be done about him :?:
It said on Devils Tv that Dean Smith was supposed to be ref last night :idea: yet he was in block1 with Hicks,prob having a laugh at our expense :!:

What made me laugh is the fact he was looking at the Panthers when they did some dirty moves and did nothing,yet when Max tripped someone he never saw it yet called it???? hmmm hes defo not
fit to be a ref..... :evil:

hes having a bad run no doubt about it, but prior to this id say he was pretty decent. Hes always called a fair game in Belfast or Dundalk, and i dont remember anything of this nature being started over on KOTG.

Even as a giants fan he was rubbish last weekend so its not like im saying that because hes done my team a favour or anything. The only refs the giants ever seem to have any gripe about are Boniface and Hicks.

Its a tricky situation our ref pool in EIHL is very shallow, coupled with a lot of qualified refs who wont ref the eihl for various reasons, We need new refs to come through but when they do we lambast them for being below standard.

Hicks is now seen as one of the senior refs in the league yet only 2 years ago he was on enforced gardening leave after a series of poor performances.

Russky

jodysstillagirlsname said:
Merthyr Devil said:
Darnell can do all the Belfast games from now on. I never thought I'd see the day, that I actually would rather Hicks ref our games :lol:

Think I would prefer Carson
Come on lets keep a grip on reality!

Methinks that he has borrow Bonehead's copy of the rule book!