current rink thread (split from SORAC thread)

• Thread starter Deleted member 1337
  • Start date

mazza03

What saddens me is the fact that at nearly 70 (I know, I don't look it, :eek: ) I am beginning to wonder if I will ever see a new rink???????????????

D

Deleted member 1337

Thread starter #4
we could "borrow" the winter wonderland rink until the end of the season just move all the boards and its safe

TheStub

Can anyone remember how long the current rink took to put up once the build actually started?

Could we club together and throw something up by Christmas ;) :D :D

D

Deleted member 1337

Thread starter #6
TheStub said:
Can anyone remember how long the current rink took to put up once the build actually started?

lets freeze over the swimming pool next to the rink (sorry about this but i forgot the name) giving a new twist too "pond" hockey

kettdevil1

TheStub said:

I remember that this was the source of great amusement as the builders (a Finnish company I think) claimed it would be done in less than around 2 months and due to winds blowing the structure down and the fact that workers generally like to go home at some point it was considerably longer than that. At a wild guess, if it was started now a temporary rink might be ready for January given reasonable weather conditions.

D

Deleted member 1337

Thread starter #9
how much would it cost couse mabye the booster club could save up loads and buy 50% of the rink (or something like that)