Craig Moore departs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich Best

Really dont know what your problem is but you are bang out of order with that post. We're second in the league with two games in hand. Yes we're out of the chllenge cup but there is still much to play for.

Get a grip........
Well said Foxy. Who would have thought we were as good as top of the league, almost half way through the season, in one of the most competitive eihl leagues ever, and heading for an unprecedented treble?!

Rich Best

Am I right in thinking your son-in-law is an ex-player who Lord chose to not re-sign? Did your doubt around Lord surfacearound that time?

Most successful coach in the club’s history and people still have doubts over him. Remarkable.

If Lord had the issues you are suggesting then we wouldn’t have so many players returning each year. Players like Hotham and Martin who could have easily gone elsewhere but chose to come back to Cardiff.

We’ve been unbelievable lucky in the last 4 years with players not leaving mid-season. Even with the 4 departures this season I’d guess that’s still less than anyone else over that.

Parisi was just one of those things.
Blood had an offer he couldn’t resist.
Faryna had planned to retire last summer. Came back but kept getting injured (can’t believe you are accusing him of faking injury) and then decided to return home due to reasons outside of hockey.

Sadly Moore’s departure is not that unexpected. We could selfishly have kept him on as injury cover but that wouldn’t be fair on Craig. He needs to be playing regular ice time and if everyone is fit then with Duggan’s arrival it’s Craig who is spare.
Far better he goes elsewhere and gets regular ice time, and hopefully helps us out when playing our title challengers.
Is that true? If so, explains a lot!

Milky

just my opinion is all
Absolutely 100% back you to have your opinion, that’s what forums are all about.

However, the door swings both ways. If you post garbage (as would seem to be the general consensus) then you should expect to be called out on it.

This forum is renowned for off the wall, rubbish and often ridiculed posts but fair play to you, some of yours must surely make the top 10 :). Exalted company indeed.

Just my opinion is all ;)

Genuine question though, one of the previous posters alluded that your son in law is an ex player released by Andrew Lord, is this true?

zoesdevil

I guess we’ll find out in the coming days/weeks. We’re a business after all and I’m sure the owners/Kelman don’t want to run at a loss, quite rightly. The summer recruitment to prepare for the CHL campaign saw some big money signings on players with great CV’s. There would have been cost incurred bringing Parisi over when he didn’t last 5 minutes. Same for Blood, Faryna - they both left, although we got compensation for Blood but there’s a cost for replacements to be brought in. It feels like crowds are down this year on previous years and we’ve taken a financial hit by not qualifying for the CC semis/final. All things that effect the bottom line. I don’t think anybody can question the ambition of the owners so given all that, I still wouldn’t be surprised if they have a signing or two up their sleeves yet.
What a Christmas present 2 signing anouncements would be! ;-)

kingmo19.1

1. Parisi - departure reasons explained and accepted.
2. Blood - departure reason understandable.
3. Faryna - mystery.
4. Kemp - mystery.
5. Moore - whose decision was it ?

Couple the above with minimal comms/interaction from the club and things do look a little strange.

If we lose somebody next week there is definitely a problem.

It's almost like the season in reverse, instead of 'and the next player joining is ....', it's and 'the next person leaving is ....'.

At this rate, somebody will need to switch the lights out come March 2019 !!!!!!!

Justtw

1. Parisi - departure reasons explained and accepted.
2. Blood - departure reason understandable.
3. Faryna - mystery.
4. Kemp - mystery.
5. Moore - whose decision was it ?

Couple the above with minimal comms/interaction from the club and things do look a little strange.

If we lose somebody next week there is definitely a problem.

It's almost like the season in reverse, instead of 'and the next player joining is ....', it's and 'the next person leaving is ....'.

At this rate, somebody will need to switch the lights out come March 2019 !!!!!!!

So tired of reading the same dribble over and over again.

Mooney#16

Rolf is Mark Smith's ( the D man, now coach of Cardiff Fire ) father in law.

Not giving an opinion though apart from if I was Mark I'd be thrilled.

Temme

I can really see devils now making a BIG name signing,

The money from faryna going and Moore going too,
Along with the wages blood must have been on,
I reckon we got a load of cash waiting to be used.
Can't say i disagree here, the only stumbling block i guess would be the budget is likely written with a CC semi-final home gate sellout in mind, which we won't be getting, this will make a slight dent into this.

I'm not even going to pretend i know the inner workings of a hockey team as i don't!

It all depends if the right player comes available, and i have no doubt in the guys to find that guy.

I think the main thing is, YES in the short term we may have been able to offer Moore more money (see what i did there...)
however his game isn't going to develop into that of a premier brit whilst sat on the bench.

There is no loss here - Moore was simply not trusted to log key minutes, which rightly or wrongly it is what it is, and if you can't trust a guy to do a job then it is pointless keeping him on your books when he has a better opportunity elsewhere & this option suits ALL involved.

Well done Todd, well done Lordo & all the best to Craig & Fife.

terry hunt

Rolf is Mark Smith's ( the D man, now coach of Cardiff Fire ) father in law.

Not giving an opinion though apart from if I was Mark I'd be thrilled.
If i was Mark Smith i would be seriously embarrased.Mark was much respected as a player and is part of the Cardiff setup.
Is Rolf just another angry bullying parent

Johnnybravo1927

Mark is a personal friend of mine and he never speaks ill of the club in any capacity. He is far too much of a gentleman for that. I have no idea who Rolf is but he is entitled to his own opinion but even if he is related to Mark, it doesn't mean he is sharing Marks opinions.

Anyway my thoughts,

The club are not cheapskating but failing to land the CC will have an effect on finances and that probably means carrying an extra player. We have some high earners at the club and losing Parisi would still have cost us thousands as we paid for his visa, flights, kit etc. Craig Moore probably wanted to move to get more ice time to further his career and so it looks like it worked out for everyone. I really don't see anything sinister in this.

rolf

<Deleted> Mark Smith is deeply embarrassed by my opinions which I tend to share on here after I have a drink. I look forward to my many Christmas cards from all those who disagree with my opinions

kingmo19.1

My name is David Wood. I live at 23 Sunnybank Close Cardiff CF14 1EQ. My mobile number is 07802377880. Mark Smith is deeply embarrassed by my opinions which I tend to share on here after I have a drink. I look forward to my many Christmas cards from all those who disagree with my opinions
Any distinguishing body marks to enable Mooney to verify your identity :). :)

Status
Not open for further replies.