Craig Moore departs

Status
Not open for further replies.

rolf

The point I try to make here, and I admit I am provocative, is that I have had doubts about our coaches ability for a while now. I understand loyalty (from a match night commentator) and I do actually appreciate the positivity that Glynne and others bring to this forum. What I cannot agree with is the fact that we have a team under-performing and losing players that no other team would wish to lose from a very successful team already and we just say oh good luck then. I really liked him and hope he does better in his new team. This is wrong, wrong and wrong okay? The elephant in my room is WHY? Justin Faryna returned from injury (source debatable as is injury) and has a good old straightener in game 2 I think. He cared. He did. Craig Moore also a loyal devil with so much latent talent would prefer to play elsewhere....We are supposed to be the benchmark team of UK ice hockey yet we cannot hold onto a lead on the ice and we cannot hold onto our players now it seems either. I discount guys like Parisi and Blood as they were not here long enough to understand, but the others? Like WTF ?
I worked for Tesco and whenever somebody left of their own free will we had to conduct an exit interview as part of our continuous improvement strategy. If you mis-managed somebody and they said so at point of exit then you got a bit of a continuation yourself too. I never had that problem maybe to many raised eyebrows here but I grasped that people management will always win over a rigid managerial strategy. A theory based on the fact if they wanna give you will get more than all the clever management tools in your mangers box and in sports I think that is key.
Mourinho vs Lord? The former I think had all of the people skills but forgot them and Lord has never had them and I think has been gifted a bloody good team. This year he has hand picked his men with money seemingly no object and just look at us now and the product he oversees on home ice. Are we entertained? Do we get a decent prawn sandwich? Did anybody ever exit interview Jesse Mychan, David Brine, Trevor (he's local) Hendrikx , Patrick Asselin or the brothers Hotham for the feedback that may improves us? Good night.

Foxy

And all this on the day Mourinho gets gassed at Mank United? Oh the irony! Goes to show that some management hierarchies can spot where the rot lies. Pogba benched and they are hammered at Liverpool yet still in Champs league for now yet he is sacked. Faryna and Moore both seriously under utilised and we wave them goodbye and hope for a better player tomorrow? Never mind the CHL or challenge cup the Lord prevails. Well let us all hope this new guy (maybe) chums the coach up eh?
Really dont know what your problem is but you are bang out of order with that post. We're second in the league with two games in hand. Yes we're out of the chllenge cup but there is still much to play for.

Get a grip........

Justtw

Really dont know what your problem is but you are bang out of order with that post. We're second in the league with two games in hand. Yes we're out of the chllenge cup but there is still much to play for.

Get a grip........
P R E A C H !!!!!!!

So much melodrama! I don’t know what’s worse, here or devils fans on Facebook!

Lordo hasn’t let us down and to be fair if we lose this league this year, it’s going to happen at some point.

Teams don’t win forever.

rolf

Get a grip........
just my opinion is all

Finny

The point I try to make here, and I admit I am provocative, is that I have had doubts about our coaches ability for a while now.
Am I right in thinking your son-in-law is an ex-player who Lord chose to not re-sign? Did your doubt around Lord surfacearound that time?

Most successful coach in the club’s history and people still have doubts over him. Remarkable.

If Lord had the issues you are suggesting then we wouldn’t have so many players returning each year. Players like Hotham and Martin who could have easily gone elsewhere but chose to come back to Cardiff.

We’ve been unbelievable lucky in the last 4 years with players not leaving mid-season. Even with the 4 departures this season I’d guess that’s still less than anyone else over that.

Parisi was just one of those things.
Blood had an offer he couldn’t resist.
Faryna had planned to retire last summer. Came back but kept getting injured (can’t believe you are accusing him of faking injury) and then decided to return home due to reasons outside of hockey.

Sadly Moore’s departure is not that unexpected. We could selfishly have kept him on as injury cover but that wouldn’t be fair on Craig. He needs to be playing regular ice time and if everyone is fit then with Duggan’s arrival it’s Craig who is spare.
Far better he goes elsewhere and gets regular ice time, and hopefully helps us out when playing our title challengers.

rolf

Why are you having a go at me i've just supported Lord and you've liked the post. Are you confusedo_O

Suck it up and deal with it. You post you get cuddled or burned. Nice to get burned isn't it?

Wannabe2

Just been on Flyers forum, and they are well chuffed to get Moore back, and rightly so. MKL now next, then the Stars at home. 4 points would be handy, come on you Devils.

Justtw

Just been on Flyers forum, and they are well chuffed to get Moore back, and rightly so. MKL now next, then the Stars at home. 4 points would be handy, come on you Devils.
Don’t blame them! I think he will get plenty of ice time and fit in perfectly with their fast gritty play. Can’t wait to see him play!

zoesdevil

According to elite prospects it’s not a loan. If it’s a permanent move then I’m gutted because I’ve always liked watching him play. Shame our coach doesn’t give young brits like Moore and Rutkis more ice time considering he always goes on about developing young players! Maybe he should give certain players more ice time, that way they might stay!!
It did seem like a goodbye tweet he put on Twitter more than an I'll be back next season.

Foxy

Why are you having a go at me i've just supported Lord and you've liked the post. Are you confusedo_O

Suck it up and deal with it. You post you get cuddled or burned. Nice to get burned isn't it?
You really are a nasty piece of work arn't you......... thought you were going to bed.... good night

august04

Perhaps it is a money saving exercise to bring in a big name signing.
I guess we’ll find out in the coming days/weeks. We’re a business after all and I’m sure the owners/Kelman don’t want to run at a loss, quite rightly. The summer recruitment to prepare for the CHL campaign saw some big money signings on players with great CV’s. There would have been cost incurred bringing Parisi over when he didn’t last 5 minutes. Same for Blood, Faryna - they both left, although we got compensation for Blood but there’s a cost for replacements to be brought in. It feels like crowds are down this year on previous years and we’ve taken a financial hit by not qualifying for the CC semis/final. All things that effect the bottom line. I don’t think anybody can question the ambition of the owners so given all that, I still wouldn’t be surprised if they have a signing or two up their sleeves yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.