Craig Moore departs

Status
Not open for further replies.

trapped

With Duggan icing more and Rutkis, this makes sense for Craig. I'm sad to see him go as I think he was a very effective player, but I'm sure he will do well with Fife.

Good luck Craig and thank you

Temme

3 wheels on my wagon...

just kidding - according to the article Kelman contacted Fife as he wasn't getting the ice time with us.

No issue here for me, a good move for all involved.

Plus assuming he doesn't return it answers the question of the 5 U23 brits next year, as Moore is no longer U23.

All the best in Fife Craig & thank you for your service to the Devils :)

Devils86

Will be interesting to see what happens in the off-season and whether this is a loan or a permanent goodbye - seems the later from the quotes.

Whilst I haven’t seen every match this season I’ve never had Moore down as one of the potential players to be benched/sacked or to be criticised - always seemed keen to put in a shift wherever the team needed him- so is an odd one for me. Would be even stranger for this to happen without at least one new signing coming in.

James

Administrator
We Are already short benched so why are we letting players leave with no replacement.

Really frustrating right now :(
Are we ? How so ? We've not replaced Faryna yet but he could be considered our extra import. As has been said, he wasn't getting the ice time with us which isn't going to help him. Duggan has been playing a good game and earned his time.

Wannabe2

Very very good player, when you are that good you need to be playing, especially when you are young. Sorry to see the lad go, but you get no buzz sitting on the bench. All the best Craig, and thank you.

OJLloyd

My biggest issue with this is less the loss of the player (one I liked a lot, but I can understand his frustration of one shift every other game) is that the PR has been awful.

Parisi going looked bad, Blood leaving was terrible, Faryna leaving without comment looked really bad from the outside and now this, where our GM has actively looked to ship out a player.

I’m sure it was actually Todd helping a young man get ice time, but PR wise the last couple of months have been a misstep.

Foxy

Awh i liked Craig but to improve he has to ice time........ with Duggan in he was getting less and less.

Good luck to the lad just hope he doesn't have a blinder against us lol

Hockeymad

I can really see devils now making a BIG name signing,

The money from faryna going and Moore going too,
Along with the wages blood must have been on,
I reckon we got a load of cash waiting to be used.

Earnie

Well you can cancel out that load of cash by what we are not going to get for Challenge Cup semi final and possibly the final.
Moore never let us down on the ice. Lord lacks confidence in our Brits as we often see when things are tight and lines get shortened. However things being what they are Moore will get more ice time in Fife . Our loss.
Let's hope Lord does the right thing for Duggan and brings him on big time!

Mazzoak

Echo the sentiment on here, I’m sure he’s more than happy to be moving to a team that’ll uterlise him as opposed to one that sticks to the same old same old.
I’m not expecting or wanting a huge named player, far too difficult to coach into a team, hard to instruct a guy who’s far more talented than the rest of the club. We just need someone young, hungry, skilled with a character that’ll bring out the team and engage fans. In fact a few of those wouldn’t go a miss, sure we could make space.........

Gospel

Is it me or does the Devils press release seem to give the impression that it is more like a loan deal than a full on transfer? But when you read Moores comments it seems to be a permanent move & he’ll not be back at all?

He gave whatever line he was on that burst of energy which i feel we’ve been lacking lately but he does need more ice time. Its a shame that Lord never seems to have that much faith in the young Brits but its always been the same sadly.

Good luck to Moore in Fife & hopefully see him back in a Devils jersey one day in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.