Covid Pass

Mazzoak

The problem with Welsh Covid Passes is it’s up to the person taking the test to be honest about the result. Mark Drakeford admitted it can’t be relied on as evidence the person is free from Covid, as they take the test and report the result, nobody in authority can verify the validity of that result. So if Jordan has spent £600 on concert tickets, feels ok, but fails the test, his he going to miss the concert, loose the money, miss out OH HELL NO...............

As a side noe, increase information regarding the accuracy of both tests is become more apparent, which will inevitably mean more and more people will be less than honest in fear of missing out on a false result.

terry hunt

The problem with Welsh Covid Passes is it’s up to the person taking the test to be honest about the result. Mark Drakeford admitted it can’t be relied on as evidence the person is free from Covid, as they take the test and report the result, nobody in authority can verify the validity of that result. So if Jordan has spent £600 on concert tickets, feels ok, but fails the test, his he going to miss the concert, loose the money, miss out OH HELL NO...............

As a side noe, increase information regarding the accuracy of both tests is become more apparent, which will inevitably mean more and more people will be less than honest in fear of missing out on a false result.
What is the source of this information.I personally listen to the professionals not TV presenters/religous fanatics or Trump supporters

Kevlar68

Wish they would just make solid decisions.
Covid pass only for people double jabbed, non of this or a negative test.
No mask exemptions anymore as there are now no reason for people not to wear masks as there are so many different ones available.
It's not a major chore to wear a mask for a few hours or on transport.
If they'd been more strict with all prevention in the beginning we would be in a better place now.

terry hunt

Looks !ike Covid passes will be needed from 15 Nov

https://gov.wales/strengthened-measures-reduce-high-coronavirus-cases-wales

Today's press conference may tell us whether this is in addition to or instead of masks. If it's in addition AND there is evidence that mask wearing enforcement is working i will be tempted to return
I know you have fair concerns about the IAW and risks to family.
What i will say is i also have had concerns BUT the Devils management have worked hard and tightened things up.Everyone is checked for masks going in and lots of sanitiser stations available.Masks are also available free.Many fans have improved their behaviour but sadly there is still a small hard core at games.Some are obviously on this forum.The stewards are trying really hard to enforce the rules.The cost to the Devils must be high.
My advice for what its worth is go to the games but make sure you look after your own.
I had a positive PCR after the last CHL game all clear now but am taking an LFT test after each game.

Kevlar68

Sorry to be a party pooper here but on the 24th Oct against Manchester a family (2 adults, 2 children) were in front of us in queue. Door staff asked have you got masks, they said No, they were let in. They didn't say they were exempt either.
As they entered right in front of them was a steward with a hand held sign saying "masks must be worn" and holding free masks, this family just walked on by.
So how many others have done the same?

Wannabe2

People are being asked by stewards in their seats to put masks on, and the biggest percentage ignore the request, there were at least 14/16 people in a bunch in the middle of block 20 taking no notice of this request whatsoever, in fact some laughed when the steward returned to his position. What’s the position on this can they be asked to leave, as they are a threat to others and to our gaff staying open, they were all between 25-36 ish, and drinking, a few had masks around their necks, and that’s where they stayed until the game finished. It took bloody years to get the facility we have now, but it won’t take long to have it closed, it’s a few hours for gods sake.

august04 2.0

People are being asked by stewards in their seats to put masks on, and the biggest percentage ignore the request, there were at least 14/16 people in a bunch in the middle of block 20 taking no notice of this request whatsoever, in fact some laughed when the steward returned to his position. What’s the position on this can they be asked to leave, as they are a threat to others and to our gaff staying open, they were all between 25-36 ish, and drinking, a few had masks around their necks, and that’s where they stayed until the game finished. It took bloody years to get the facility we have now, but it won’t take long to have it closed, it’s a few hours for gods sake.
It’s happening in the block that I sit in, at every game. Same age range as you mention, all drinking. They just don’t care. And It’s not improving either.

Wannabe2

So can someone please explain what powers stewards have as far as asking someone to leave, now please don’t think I am having a go at stewards, as I have the utmost respect for them they are paid little and certainly don’t get paid enough to get into a blazing argument with anyone, and ain’t there to do so. I also understand that no one wants to incite trouble at a game and rightly so. So what’s the answer do we inform everyone that if they don’t wear a mask unless they are excempt, they will be asked to leave the Arena, it’s obvious the club are doing things to get this problem sorted and are taking it serious, but if people put two fingers up to you should it be left there, or what.

There was a group in front of me drinking with no masks on in block 1 a couple of weeks ago. Saturday night crowd. Steward came down and asked them to put masks on, most did but one refused as he was drinking. Couple of minutes later a security guard came down the steps and shouted at him to put his mask on when he was not drinking or he would be removed. His mask was on for the remainder of the game. Whether he would have been removed or not if he didn’t comply I can’t say but those stewards/security guards had the right idea and it worked in this case

Kevin roog

they were in the row behind me, row E, annoying ain’t the word, constant giggling, “how many half’s is this game, “”do the devils get paid”

hip check

This is a problem that is difficult to solve, as we all know there are some individuals who will always flaut the rules. How to approach this problem is a bit of a conundrum, would stewards be able to physically remove people from the arena? laying hands on people can be trouble in more ways than one, how the stewards would stand legally who knows? some people would obviously take exception to being man handled and would the stewards want to do it anyway? they don't want to put their neck on the line for a few quid.
I believe the club needs some sort of system where as people entering the rink are informed that they must wear a mask and if their intention is to flaut this advice would mean a ban for future games and be asked to leave at the interval.
It annoys me that people don't seem to give a hoot for following covid rules and something needs to be done to reduce the possibility of our rink being closed due to non conforming to rules.
Wear your masks clowns!

Mazzoak

What is the source of this information.I personally listen to the professionals not TV presenters/religous fanatics or Trump supporters
Watch the very uncomfortable Drakeford getting grilled on GMB by Richard Medley, he starts mocking the stupidity and easy of cheating the system at 3.39.