COVID pass

JC23

I’m just asking if we need COVID passes for Wednesday?
“They are compulsory for anyone over 18 to enter:
  • Nightclubs
  • Indoor no-seating events with more than 500 people
  • Outdoor no-seating events with more than 4,000 people
  • Any event with more than 10,000 people, including sport” from this, I’d say no.

Kevlar68

And its another ridiculous exercise, the pass is valid for a month. Why not just a year? If your double jabbed, your double jabbed, your not double jabbed for a month only.
The pass itself is a good idea but just extend the expiry date so it lasts a year.

Last edited:

Kevlar68

Bit of a farce anyway these covid passes, unless they ask for ID along with the passes to prove it is your pass you can just send them on to someone to use once you've downloaded it who isn't jabbed.

Jonesy83

And its another ridiculous exercise, the pass is valid for a month. Why not just a year? If your double jabbed, your double jabbed, your not double jabbed for a month only.
The pass itself is a good idea but just extend the expiry date so it lasts a year.
The pass will last a month but you can just log in and get another one, you don’t have to do anything else.
What’s the reason behind this, who knows but you don’t need to do all the applying and verifying like the original set up.

kingmo19.1

Or they find the 15,000 extra seats in gantry...........
Phew! Thankfully, there are only 14,750 seats up there at present.

Having said that, the approved Gantry expansion project due for completion before the 2022-2023 season will see the addition of a further 19,600 seats + 850 Premier seats this making the IAW the biggest indoor ice arena in the world!

My sources also tell me there will still be additional capacity should the club wish to extend over the West Stand!

BostonBart22

Just done my pass for the wales south africa game , cant believe it expires after a month and I gotta apply again if I need it, then found out its only random checks at the game..

Just done my pass for the wales south africa game , cant believe it expires after a month and I gotta apply again if I need it, then found out its only random checks at the game..
It’s only the bar code that expires. You just have to login to the nhs website and select the domestic or international travel option to get a new bar code.

Slartibartfast

The pass will last a month but you can just log in and get another one, you don’t have to do anything else.
What’s the reason behind this, who knows but you don’t need to do all the applying and verifying like the original set up.
I believe its a data privacy thing. There seems to be a big fear of being accused of holding on to data about the general public. Sort of George Orwell thing. So they wipe your data after a month and make you submit it again. I would prefer they just kept my data for a year to save me the hassle but Im sure some fringe loony group would start protesting on the streets if they did. Its a crazy world we live.

Kevlar68

Which is a bit stupid as all our health data is kept on a data base anyway, all our doctor appointments, hospital appointments, telephone consultations etc etc
People put more private data on Fakebook, instasham and shitter than is in the covid passport.

Last edited:

Jonesy83

I believe its a data privacy thing. There seems to be a big fear of being accused of holding on to data about the general public. Sort of George Orwell thing. So they wipe your data after a month and make you submit it again. I would prefer they just kept my data for a year to save me the hassle but Im sure some fringe loony group would start protesting on the streets if they did. Its a crazy world we live.
Ah ok, makes sense….doesn’t really bother me tbh. It’s easy just to log back in and I’ve saved my pass to my apple wallet for easy access.