Coventry Blaze v Cardiff Devils - Mon 26 Dec 2016 - FO 6pm - Chat/Updates

Thread starter #1

Its Christmas time and the Devils make their annual trip on Boxing Day to Godiva City. This will be a keenly fought game against the Blaze, they'll be absolutely desperate to try and turn around their season... And we'll be absolutely desperate to maintain/ extend our lead at the top of the league table...

We'll hopefully be running MNL for this game from the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl - We are on the lookout for some more people to help us! If you can, please give Nott Simpson (OJ) a shout on 07527 625 206

Or if you want something more exciting than text on a screen, it looks like the Blaze do have a webcast up and running; details can be found here: http://www.cleancutsports.com/index.php/live-webcasts

Thread starter #2
We are in need of a texter or two to offer coverage of this game, the Christmas holidays has meant that a few of our regiular texters are not available. Any of my regular texters going to Coventry please get in touch along with any other volunteers text the MNL 07527 625 206 or PM me.

Hope you and more impotantly the team haven't over indulged on Xmas Day.

OJ

Rob Batch

12.30 am boxing day, game day !! What a relief, xmas is finished and I am feeling happier already. Really looking forward to the game, it's been a bit weird having no game to enjoy Sat & Sun, but the wait is nearly over. I hope the lads said 'No!' to second helpings of mince pies and the like and are ready to dish-out some retribution to the Blaze. If santa didn't give you what you wanted, let's assume it was Noble's fault !! Cum on u Devils !!!

Last edited:
Big win and team performance needed today..really hope Lord mixes up the lines tonight with moving Brine and Patty up and maybe bring some guys down to show them that the top 6 place as a F isn't guaranteed!Blaze of late have improved and gained more speed so we really need to be physical with them!Bring those 2 points home boys!

ASHIPP

Steelers destroyed Blaze comfortably just before Xmas in two games.
If they can do it surely it's not impossible for the Devils to do the same, is it?

Blaze, hhmmm....on top form they are just the sort of team to 'do a Panthers' on us. Hope the Devils are very well prepared mentally, physically and tactically for these two crucial games.

Lord needs to play tonight for me. Scratch Ulmer or Bentivoglio (unless there's an injury we don't know about) - that will be an interesting call.
I'd agree with this, play Lord, drop one of these two, I'd like to see us come out over these 2 games hard hitting 100mph, full of intent and purpose, not just to placate us so called "moaners" on here but to show the rest of the league that we're not stuttering and "choking" going into the real business end of the season, to show them that we've had a few poor results and performances recently but now we're over it and to look out

Also agree with August and Angus. Lord needs to play tonight. I would probably drop Benti for this one. Are our stats better with Lordo playing or on the Bench coaching? I appreciate stats don't tell you everything but I really do think we are a better team with Lord playing. He seems to drive the will to win through the team more when on the Ice than he does on the bench IMHO.

ASHIPP

Also agree with August and Angus. Lord needs to play tonight. I would probably drop Benti for this one. Are our stats better with Lordo playing or on the Bench coaching? I appreciate stats don't tell you everything but I really do think we are a better team with Lord playing. He seems to drive the will to win through the team more when on the Ice than he does on the bench IMHO.
Lordo is playing v well and is a natural leader on the ice. In his defence I would argue that he is not soley responsible for 'the will to win'. Where are his captain and assistant captains? They should be doing this whether Lordo is coaching from the bench or not. And, of course, there should be a natural personal inner drive for all sportsman who want to win.

Would love to see Joey Haddad in the Captain's role. He brings that leadership and will to make a difference everytime he plays.

Typical devils at the moment..
they always have a bad patch during a game and this is it.
If they blow this then something needs changing we was in complete control

Great result! I expect this team to go on with that same intensity and hard work. I dont expect another sit down and talking to only for a short term fix and positive reaction a couple of games. Squeelers lose so get on it Devils and be ruthless!!!!!!!!