Could this come processional

hip check

Thread starter #42
Moral of the thread, don’t count your chickens before they ..........
No chicken counting, the initial thread was highlighting the fact we were winning domestic games at a stroll after an excellent but ultimately frustrating CHL campaign, would the ease that we were putting domestic sides to the sword become a regular occurrence?
The answer is obviously no..sure it's given opposing fans something to get their teeth into and have a laugh at our expense plus posters on here a chance to slag me off.
It was a genuine question not a boast about how we would wipe the floor with all and sundry.

I was as guilty as anyone with becoming carried away be the start of the season. The harsh reality is that we aren’t as good as we thought, though I don’t thibk we’re as bad as the last few games may indicate. I can totally accept a few off games but last nights annihilation points toward some problem with the team whether on or off ice, or both. I don’t think an extra player would have helped much. We’re better than this.

Milky

Not quiet at all, when posted we were taking teams apart with clinical efficiency.
The thread may not have finished with a question mark but it was a question as to whether those great wins we were witnessing at the time would become something of a norm.
Feel free to take the piss and try and make me suck eggs, it was a question so all you had to do was state you considered it a load of bull.
Yep, it was a load of bull.

I genuinely would like to know if you’ve followed any sport for a prolonged period of time? What on earth made you think this was going to be processional?

This has to be one of the worst posts in the history of the forum. This is the type of arrogance that makes us fans look stupid. We’re rapidly becoming viewed like the Steelers fans at the moment.

It’s your right to think and say what you want and good luck to you. Likewise if I think posts like these are ridiculous and make us all look bad then I’ll say so.

I think the amount of times this post has been shared on social media supports my comments.

hip check

Thread starter #45
Been following Devil's since our first season (not Ashfield Islanders game), probably about 4th 5th game..Peterborough if my memory serves me right. Before that Cardiff City and Newport Wasps the original team not the last incarnation.
Are you more concerned about the contents of the thread or the fact people are using it to take the piss out of a team that has gone from brilliant to hopeless in a matter of weeks? If the scintillating form had continued would you still be questioning my thread? did you question the validity of it straight after I posted it?
I'm certainly not arrogant and I posted my question to see what other posters thought about our form at the time and would we sustain the dominance we'd been showing since the domestic games started.
We are playing s**t atm as you well know and opposing fans would be taking the piss regardless of my post, I've got broad shoulders so can take any s**t that comes my way, think you are using this thread to attempt to apartitition Devil's bad form and opposing teams fans piss taking to this thread, read the thread it was a question, you could have posted what you've said above within hours of the thread being posted.

Last edited:

Rich Best

I have to admit that there were a few games before our slump that I wanted the opposition to give us a bit more of a game. Our games really were that one-sided a few weeks ago. Wish I hadn't thought like that - won't again - lesson learnt!!

It just shows how important psychology is in sport. Exactly the same players are stuggling to put it together literally weeks after it was coming so very easily.

KaneDevils

Well, I've just read a poster get slated for not enjoying his hockey nights as much as he used to.throw away the key .......

Hells bells alive.

Devils86

An Apology:

A couple pages back I opened my post with a sarcastic comment about how we would run away with the league (I noted now that my eye-rolling emoji hadn’t posted, so have edited).

————————————

I’ve re-read the thread from the start - presuming admins haven’t removed a load of posts (I don’t think they would have) -there needs to be a bit of a reality check.

The original post appears to have been a genuine question about the level of hockey at the time. Unfortunately a quite bizarre response (in some people’s eyes) has propelled this thread into something that it isn’t...Only one or two posts (liked by the same handful of people) have crossed the line of arrogance (or whatever) but now those posts are being shared unfairly as representatives of the wider Devils/Inferno community.

We have had more posts reminiscing about former styles of hockey and nostalgia than we have people saying “Devils will walk this league” - and a lot of people have been trying to reign in any initial over-optimism rooted in what was some great hockey.

I think the reactions of “well this thread is stupid” have added to the perception of the thread more than the original post. I suggest that if the original post had been titled something slightly different and not had the initial replies it had we’d be discussing something else.

hip check

Thread starter #49
An Apology:

A couple pages back I opened my post with a sarcastic comment about how we would run away with the league (I noted now that my eye-rolling emoji hadn’t posted, so have edited).

————————————

I’ve re-read the thread from the start - presuming admins haven’t removed a load of posts (I don’t think they would have) -there needs to be a bit of a reality check.

The original post appears to have been a genuine question about the level of hockey at the time. Unfortunately a quite bizarre response (in some people’s eyes) has propelled this thread into something that it isn’t...Only one or two posts (liked by the same handful of people) have crossed the line of arrogance (or whatever) but now those posts are being shared unfairly as representatives of the wider Devils/Inferno community.

We have had more posts reminiscing about former styles of hockey and nostalgia than we have people saying “Devils will walk this league” - and a lot of people have been trying to reign in any initial over-optimism rooted in what was some great hockey.

I think the reactions of “well this thread is stupid” have added to the perception of the thread more than the original post. I suggest that if the original post had been titled something slightly different and not had the initial replies it had we’d be discussing something else.
Glad somebody can see the sentiments that my post was meant to convey.
Maybe the title of the thread could've been better thought out as you say but didn't expect some of the reactions to it.
Maybe we can get down to some normal discussions now..I'll just have to make sure any threads I post in the future have an appropriate heading so as not to upset too many souls.