Could this come processional

Milky

I think this past week or two has been a reality check for most of us.
The answer to the original question is “no”!
I think most people never thought it would be easy or processional.

Anyone that got a reality check should now realise how unrealistic and ill informed their comments were.

Hated losing that tonight but that is more entertained than I have been for weeks. Teams are finally working out how to play us. Press hard, don’t give us any space and get niggley to rattle us so we give away penalties.

Browns was weak on the left side above the shoulder tonight too. It happens. Cant play at your best very week.

Wagstaff

Small team to start with, short benched by one, injured starting nettie, backup that you put several past in the nets for 50 odd mins..... I’m as shocked as you all should be!
I have to ask why is there no game thread?

august04

We’ll still win the league though in my opinion. I don’t think it’s necessarily teams working us out. Guildford always played that way against us last season and gave us trouble and we just didn’t play well against Blaze tonight, not helped by some dreadful officiating. I think we will still strengthen too, sooner rather than later.

Wagstaff

Small team to start with, short benched by one, injured starting nettie, backup that you put several past in the nets for 50 odd mins..... I’m as shocked as you all should be!
I have to ask why is there no game thread?
Sorry, there is one now, please ignore my question

Slartibartfast

Sorry, there is one now, please ignore my question
I can't see one. Only a thread for the Blaze away game.
Anyway we have lost two now recently but both were good exciting games to watch. I did think we were going to run away with the league this season. However I realise now that we just gelled earlier then other teams probably due to less personnel changes.
Other teams were poor in the early season but as usual teams start to get it together as we approach Christmas.
Devils had had it too easy until now and that leads to complacency. Two 3 on twos goals in one minute is complacent.
Devils will need to step it up if they are to win this league. We have seen them come out like men possessed in some games and its beautiful thing to watch. They need to do that very game.
Im sure they will

Mazzoak

The cynic in me would suggest the timing is perfect. I’m happy we’ve lost games, competition is what help makes an atmosphere, whether or not it’s in our favour l don’t really care. Watching a team trying to claw back the lead is exciting.

Devils86

Yep...this league will be easy (*eye roll*)

We are going through a rough patch but boy I can imagine the other EIHL fans having a right laugh at some people who thought we were going to walk the league without getting out of 2nd gear.

Need to dust ourselves off and grind out a win to break this run.

Last edited:

hip check

Thread starter #38
The original poster has gone very quiet !
Not quiet at all, when posted we were taking teams apart with clinical efficiency.
The thread may not have finished with a question mark but it was a question as to whether those great wins we were witnessing at the time would become something of a norm.
Feel free to take the piss and try and make me suck eggs, it was a question so all you had to do was state you considered it a load of bull.