Coronavirus numbers

Rich Best

Thread starter #1
Hello everyone. I just want to start by wishing everyone well in these trying times. I am sure, like me, you just can't wait to be back in the Viola watching our team again. Back to normality. It seems like the world has changed in the last 7 days.

So, we are getting a lot of numbers thrown at us about confirmed cases and people with symptoms. It is difficult to know what is real or fake. So, I just wanted to ask, who here has been confirmed with Covid-19 or has symptoms? Or who here knows someone that has?

Out of my extended family, friends and clients (let's say that's 200 people), I know of 2 people with symptoms and zero who have been confirmed.

By the way, I am taking this situation very seriously, kids have been kept off school since last Wednesday and we are isolating.

As above, I hope and pray we are back in the Viola soon, enjoying the team we all love. It really puts things in perspective.

Slartibartfast

I know two people out of 100 who have self isolated in our Bristol office and four in our Oxfordshire office out of around 60.(which has many Italians) . One had a cough and a fever, which is conducive with Covid19, and one of the Italians had come back from the worst area with Covid 19 type symptoms. I don't know the details of the others.
I have also developed a very mild cough this week and while Im pretty sure its not the coronavirus Im self isolating anyway as I have worked closely with one with the fever and cough. And here lies the problem. Anyone with the slightest of symptoms will self isolate so we will never really know the numbers. Theres still plenty of coughs and colds around that are not covid 19 but early on you can't tell and only those hospitalised get tested.

Rich Best

Thread starter #8
I know two people out of 100 who have self isolated in our Bristol office and four in our Oxfordshire office out of around 60.(which has many Italians) . One had a cough and a fever, which is conducive with Covid19, and one of the Italians had come back from the worst area with Covid 19 type symptoms. I don't know the details of the others.
I have also developed a very mild cough this week and while Im pretty sure its not the coronavirus Im self isolating anyway as I have worked closely with one with the fever and cough. And here lies the problem. Anyone with the slightest of symptoms will self isolate so we will never really know the numbers. Theres still plenty of coughs and colds around that are not covid 19 but early on you can't tell and only those hospitalised get tested.
Take care buddy.

I think a lot of people are taking this seriously and hopefully that minimises the impact on life over the coming weeks. I saw a picture of the Hayes in Cardiff earlier and it was deserted which is a good sign!

My business is screwed - 10 years work down the drain in a week. But to be honest I don't really care as long as we get through this.

fridaysfingers

Take care buddy.

I think a lot of people are taking this seriously and hopefully that minimises the impact on life over the coming weeks. I saw a picture of the Hayes in Cardiff earlier and it was deserted which is a good sign!

My business is screwed - 10 years work down the drain in a week. But to be honest I don't really care as long as we get through this.
Wow Rich, my heart goes out to you, and the many others in your position.
Hopefully better times will be ahead for you

kingmo19.1

Take care buddy.

Ah jeez, sorry to hear that - I hope you get the required backing from the Government to get things back up and running in due course.