Consistency of refs calls

voth26

Thread starter #1
Just been reading the game reports of last nights games on eihl, in the stingrays/panthers game campbell was ejected for checking from behind, yet levers and dab both got 2+10 calls for doing the same thing!!!!.

James

Administrator
Did Campbell cause injury with his? Major calls tend to have increasing mandatory tariffs dependant on severity

Earnie

Whilst slightly off topic - it would seem that Hicks had two decent performances this weekend. (double header with Clan)

Ocko

Hicks used to be a good ref many moons ago. When he first started out reffing he used to let the game flow and I remember for a season or two wishing every ref was like him. Then from nowhere he seemed to hate us (and the game of hockey too). Here's hoping he's turned a corner!

Ocko

voth26 said:
Just been reading the game reports of last nights games on eihl, in the stingrays/panthers game campbell was ejected for checking from behind, yet levers and dab both got 2+10 calls for doing the same thing!!!!.
Because maybe there is different severity levels. 2+10 is the minimum and a Match penalty being the max. It's up to the ref where he calls it in there with a number of factors being considered such as intent, intent to injure, where he connected with, and injury caused. Nothing to do with consistency.

Gospel

voth26 said:
James said:
Did Campbell cause injury with his? Major calls tend to have increasing mandatory tariffs dependant on severity
Dont know it doesnt say in report!!
im sure that Campbell caused Levers to go and have stitches, 31 at last count i think and maybe thats why the penalty was more severe.

voth26

Thread starter #8
Ocko said:
voth26 said:
Because maybe there is different severity levels. 2+10 is the minimum and a Match penalty being the max. It's up to the ref where he calls it in there with a number of factors being considered such as intent, intent to injure, where he connected with, and injury caused. Nothing to do with consistency.
Thats why i was asking the question, as it seemed on the face of it to be a lack of consistency for the same offence. cheers for clearing that up

I've also heard they are bringing in a rule where the refs that live in a local area to a club or have been affiliated one way or another to a club are going to be told they aren't able to ref games in that area. Don't know how true it is but we shall see I suppose