Connolly out.

Earnie

It is bad news for the club when you loose a player to a knee injury when playing in Europe. Who pays for bringing in cover - the IIHF?

BostonBart22

Connolly out for steelers long term.

I personally don't like him and I'm happy he's not playing for them for a while.
Not being funny , he proberbly tried to injure a player cheap shot and backfired, although i dont like to see a player get injured but hey ho, Karma and all that...

One of those players that it must be really annoying to put up with, but incredibly effective at what he does. He seems has a knack for getting under the skin.

moggy#9

Connoly and Vallerand out of devils clash , in comes valdix
From what we saw of him when he was with us, valdix isn't really the same threat that the other two are. If these injuries are accompanied by a post Europe dip in form, there could be some very unhappy fans up north.

jenks33

They’ll miss him. A pest to play against and he puts up decent numbers. One of the reasons I slightly fancy Sheffield over us and Belfast is they have more players that are familiar with the club. I think they’ve got 12+ players that have played for the team before this season where as we have about 6 and I think Belfast have about 8. So you don’t wish an injury on any player but if players like Connolly and Vallerand start missing games for them then it will certainly benefit the chasing pack

moggy#9

They’ll miss him. A pest to play against and he puts up decent numbers. One of the reasons I slightly fancy Sheffield over us and Belfast is they have more players that are familiar with the club. I think they’ve got 12+ players that have played for the team before this season where as we have about 6 and I think Belfast have about 8. So you don’t wish an injury on any player but if players like Connolly and Vallerand start missing games for them then it will certainly benefit the chasing pack
That's certainly an issue for Sheffield, but a bigger one, I think, is their netminding. Barry Bunter... Sorry, brust, doesn't convince me and the devils seemed to solve their other goalie convincingly up there last time. In a league full of solid goal tenders, they may end up looking a bit lacking.

jenks33

That's certainly an issue for Sheffield, but a bigger one, I think, is their netminding. Barry Bunter... Sorry, brust, doesn't convince me and the devils seemed to solve their other goalie convincingly up there last time. In a league full of solid goal tenders, they may end up looking a bit lacking.
Agreed. I don’t think Brust or Stojanovic look great to be honest. Brust has got a very decent CV to be fair but surely at 38 you need to look after yourself and he is clearly in terrible condition. Maybe it’s finally catching up with him.
I think Sheffield have struggled with netminders since Frank Doyle, what was that 7/8 years ago. It’s definitely been a problem position for them

moggy#9

Agreed. I don’t think Brust or Stojanovic look great to be honest. Brust has got a very decent CV to be fair but surely at 38 you need to look after yourself and he is clearly in terrible condition. Maybe it’s finally catching up with him.
I think Sheffield have struggled with netminders since Frank Doyle, what was that 7/8 years ago. It’s definitely been a problem position for them
To be honest the Steelers seem to recruit based on reputation, rather than what a player's actually capable of now.

kettdevil1

It's interesting because that is what I would have said before I looked at the stats - Rok is at the top and whilst I suspect some of it is down to solid D all round, it is clear that he is not as bad an NM as he has appeared when facing us. Brust on the other hand I just don't get.

moggy#9

It's interesting because that is what I would have said before I looked at the stats - Rok is at the top and whilst I suspect some of it is down to solid D all round, it is clear that he is not as bad an NM as he has appeared when facing us. Brust on the other hand I just don't get.
His stats might be good so far, but I don't think technically he's as good as motte or carruth. The first time I saw him I thought he opened his 5 hole too much, but then he was allowing stuff up high. I suspect that all of the other teams will be watching the video of what the devils did to him.

kettdevil1

His stats might be good so far, but I don't think technically he's as good as motte or carruth. The first time I saw him I thought he opened his 5 hole too much, but then he was allowing stuff up high. I suspect that all of the other teams will be watching the video of what the devils did to him.
Agreed. Carruth, for me, positionally is the best in the league, Motte the best shotstopper and best at challenging the forward. I do wonder about Brust, he clearly has been very good in the past but he has been shambolic each time I have seen him this season - at first I thought he was just unorthodox (which to be fair he is) but it only works if you keep the puck out of the net....

Temme

Agreed. Carruth, for me, positionally is the best in the league, Motte the best shotstopper and best at challenging the forward. I do wonder about Brust, he clearly has been very good in the past but he has been shambolic each time I have seen him this season - at first I thought he was just unorthodox (which to be fair he is) but it only works if you keep the puck out of the net....
I think Motte, Carruth, Owen & Besko are all top tier goalies for this league.

I it's a small sample size, but Guildfords goalie has some very solid numbers so far in 12 games played and seems to be business for them.

Kevlar68

Karma? What goes around comes around? Come back to bite him on the ass? Chickens come home to roost? Sow the wind reap the whirlwind? Harm set harm get?

moggy#9

I think Motte, Carruth, Owen & Besko are all top tier goalies for this league.

I it's a small sample size, but Guildfords goalie has some very solid numbers so far in 12 games played and seems to be business for them.
I've always had my doubts about Owen. His lateral movement has on occasion been an issue, but then teams have tightened up on cross ice coverage to mitigate that a bit. Besky was clearly a very good goalie on his initial stint with Belfast. I've not seen enough of him this time around to know if he's still at that level.

I think that the devils are spoilt with carruth and kozun. The last time we had depth like that was lyle and herlofsky.

kettdevil1

The interesting one is Kevin Carr at Nottingham whose stats are average at best but we can't seem to solve at all (although to be fair I think it's the whole Panthers team that we struggle against). I have seen him a few times against other teams and thought he was poor but he does seem to be able to raise his game against the Devils. I do like Kevin Lindskoug at Guildford for both his ability and also his ability to get under the skin of other teams