Confirmed Signings (& some departures) - All Teams 2019/2020

Certainly was but game has changed.
Having said that, when Cam Janssen came over people thought he would be running people and head hunting but was much the opposite

Just don't think this league needs this type of player, he looks a thug, none if those clips showed a fight in support of a team mate, looks like a "nutter" as previously stated.
Much prefer a skill league with toughness when needed.
I'm sure he'll be on the radar of the officials and hope a top end player is not taken out.

jenks33

To be fair he’s got 105 points in 400 AHL games so it’s not as if they’ve signed a Mcmorrow. He definitely has goon tendencies though so fingers crossed he gets a few suspensions and gives plenty of ridiculous penalties away.

Wannabe2

Think Belfast needed some toughness having lost Vandermeer, and Riley. Smotherman ain’t no shrinking violet, but you don’t want him in the bin. Belfast again will be a force, with a bit of entertainment thrown in. Our games could be quite interesting. Sorry forgot about Pellech, who could be the toughest in the league. So Pellech for Vandermeer, and Farnham for Riley.

Last edited:

CaldicotDevil

Just don't think this league needs this type of player, he looks a thug, none if those clips showed a fight in support of a team mate, looks like a "nutter" as previously stated.
I'm sure he'll be on the radar of the officials and hope a top end player is not taken out.
In fairness he’s got 67 NHL games, you don’t get to that level in the modern game if you can’t skate & play.

If we signed Farnham I’d buzzing for such a high energy guy.

jimmy snels

would be considerably more exciting to watch a high energy, flat out, hitting, fighting loose cannon than some of the home games i watched last year if im honest. im jealous

august04

Giants now shaping up very nicely. Steelers look like they’ll be challenging this year. Panthers an unknown quantity for me but I think they’ll do better than they look on paper - the reverse of the past couple of years. I think this year will be much more competitive, should be great.

BostonBart22

Yes shaping up to look whats to be a big season rather than a 2 horse race like last season, as someone said sheffield look good on paper and no CHL to worry about they will hit the road running and it will be up to the others to chase to the end, my dark horses will be Guildford..

ASHIPP

It's too difficult to call what will happen in the League this season. Giants, Steelers and Panthers have all rebuilt. Clan look improved. 4 or 5 teams in the mix this year. Exciting!