Confirmed Signings (& some departures) - All Teams 2019/2020

BostonBart22

I think people are looking at signings by Steelers, Rau at Clan & the rumoured Reddox to Belfast & hoping for similar coming to us . These are wow factor signings, who will certainly stand out in our league based on their calibre, leagues they have played in etc. Indeed, we have Martin, Fournier, Linglet and delighted that we do , but it is always exciting to see quality new blood.
Everyone raved about Stewart at panthers last season as it turned out he was nothing special.

I think we’ll sign one more forward (possibly Jared aulin) and then rotate throughout the season. Most of our forwards are over 33 years old and then you’ve got haddad who might need resting throughout the season. How many games do we roughly play in all competitions? 80ish? Rotation is a strong possibility in my opinion.
Agree with you theory about rotation. Wouldn’t surprise me if we didn’t sign another star forward signing like Riley and instead re sign a few squad player forwards like Mo & Livingston to keep the lads fresh. As amazing as the CHL is the last couple of seasons the extra 6 games of CHL intensity does seem to bring in injuries. Also would steady the ship in case players did leave mid season, which was a huge trend for all clubs last year.

IMO I still think we need a high quality blue liner. Watching Tyson Strachan play and the calming effect it had on the team was amazing to watch.

jenks33

Agree with you theory about rotation. Wouldn’t surprise me if we didn’t sign another star forward signing like Riley and instead re sign a few squad player forwards like Mo & Livingston to keep the lads fresh. As amazing as the CHL is the last couple of seasons the extra 6 games of CHL intensity does seem to bring in injuries. Also would steady the ship in case players did leave mid season, which was a huge trend for all clubs last year.

IMO I still think we need a high quality blue liner. Watching Tyson Strachan play and the calming effect it had on the team was amazing to watch.
I’ve still got my fingers crossed that the Brett Carson rumour on here a few weeks ago is true. I’m not convinced there was anything in it though. He would be perfect to partner Reddick

Well my theory is that Murdy will become the kit man full time. Farmer will replace murdy as the extra Brit and we will sign a young import goalie, someone like Munson maybe but here’s hoping I suppose
I personally think we have a very strong back up Nettie in Murds. Personally I think whenever he has stepped in between the posts he has pulled out some cracking game saves.

I am surprised he is so loyal to the Devils considering the low ice time he got last season as think he would have been a definite top starter in a slightly lower league, or even in our league in one of the lower seeded groups.

Have faith in Mad Dog, he hasn't let us down since signing with us and is always performing well even when he is thrown in mid game.

On a side note though I would like to see Farmer sign for us as a Brit, not at the expense of Murdy and I'm not sure if we are allowed another over 23 Brit without loosing one??
Say what you like about Farmer and at times I agree he was a bit of a pantomime act in our manner but....he does play with heart and will (Try) and stick up for his team mates, also capable of chipping in with the odd goal so yeah I would be happy with him here if that's possible.

Last edited:
Giants sign 6ft 4in D Man Matt Pellech, looks very good and can put it about a bit if need be.
That will end up being a quality signing I think. Big lad that can stick up for his team and switch from D to F. I think when he plays us, particularly in Belfast they will be looking having him marking Riley in one shape or form.

Would like to see a player of that ilk coming our way.

voth26

Are you taking the mick? Either that or you haven’t seen there stats.
Yeah their good players BUT that doesn't mean they'll automatically gel with their line mates or rip the league apart either. How many times have so called super stars come to the league and been average, panthers had Stewart last season and they couldn't wait to get rid of him. Have some faith in the team, Lord has consistently put together a team without any super stars that's won silverware for the last 5yrs

It's a three month try-out with an option for the season.
Huge rumours here in Nottingham that he will be at Cardiff at some point, either after the 3months tryout that doesn't work out or next season. Its a good way of getting out of the Panthers contract & another EIHL team having to buy him out. Only time will tell.

CaldicotDevil

Panthers make 2 good signings 6ft 4 Swedish forward William Quist, and Swedish forward Jens Jakobs, both look really good
I think the Panthers may struggle this year.

Quist looks good on paper, who doesn't love a 6 ft 5" forward but his stats aren't that great. His average PPG in the Allsvenskan is 0.39 PPG in comparison Drew Paris has a 0.35 PPG game in the same league.

Jens Jakobs does have a lots of experience with 100+ games in the SHL but last season he did have 3 different clubs which imo means he's a gamble.

I really like Wallace as a coach and I may be wrong but with their teams on paper I can't seem them competing for the league. My prediction is 5th maybe even 6th if Guildford get a bit more consistant.

jenks33

I think the Panthers may struggle this year.

Quist looks good on paper, who doesn't love a 6 ft 5" forward but his stats aren't that great. His average PPG in the Allsvenskan is 0.39 PPG in comparison Drew Paris has a 0.35 PPG game in the same league.

Jens Jakobs does have a lots of experience with 100+ games in the SHL but last season he did have 3 different clubs which imo means he's a gamble.

I really like Wallace as a coach and I may be wrong but with their teams on paper I can't seem them competing for the league. My prediction is 5th maybe even 6th if Guildford get a bit more consistant.
It might be what the Panthers need. In the past 10 years you could argue that Panthers have usually had the strongest looking roster at the start of the season but it's very rarely worked out for them.You would imagine that Doucet and Wallace have recruited very good characters rather than outstanding CV's. I agree that their roster looks unspectacular at the moment but I think Wallace could do well there.