Confirmed Signings (& some departures) - All Teams 2019/2020

Devils86

So we have three new forwards and they all seem great, but.... who are we going to lose? Anyone any clues?
Think McNamee will replace Ulmer as C on 3rd line. Lord only knows where Riley will fit in.

Gut feeling is Hedden, Livingstone and Hedden won’t be returning- but I’m often wrong

Mooney#16

Reading between the lines it looks like Jake, Layne and Mike Hedden. Questions marks also over Benti and Livingston. Assuming we sign a spare I'd take both of them back to round out the forwards.

The nag I have now with EIHL hockey is its approaching needing two starting Netties and that cash you spend on the spare might be best placed signing a genuine tandem to shoulder the load.

Devils86

Reading between the lines it looks like Jake, Layne and Mike Hedden. Questions marks also over Benti and Livingston. Assuming we sign a spare I'd take both of them back to round out the forwards.

The nag I have now with EIHL hockey is its approaching needing two starting Netties and that cash you spend on the spare might be best placed signing a genuine tandem to shoulder the load.
That first paragraph- on point.

Well my theory is that Murdy will become the kit man full time. Farmer will replace murdy as the extra Brit and we will sign a young import goalie, someone like Munson maybe but here’s hoping I suppose

Diablo3

Wouldn't be surprised to see Murdy continue as kit man, but he can still do a job should anything happen to Bownsy and that saves budget. The defence has still to be sorted but, I find it hard to disagree with Devils86. Given Stephen Dixons comments on the pod cast, Benti will be back. I'd also like to see Livingston re-sign. Farmer said he wants to play abroad, Wales is a stretch for that :)

jenks33

Yeah Ulmer, Morissette and Hedden for me. I think Benti will come back. Dixon said on Spittin Chiclets that Benti is keen to come back and I think he did enough last season to merit another year.
Livingston is the interesting one. The fact that we signed McNamee suggested to me that Livingston will come back (as they played on the same line together in Germany) I’m a bit undecided on him tho. His previous stats suggest that he’s got the potential to amass decent stats in this league but we didn’t see much evidence of that last year(Granted he wasn’t here long) I loved his tenacity but our downfall last year was a lack of point production from out 3rd/4th lines.

terry hunt

I believe Livingstone will be back because of the McNamee factor but suspect that Ulmer will retire.I would like to see Benti back also but cant really work out Hedden's place in the mix.
I thought that Reddick would have been announced by now with Richie later assuming he is fit.
The goalie issue is a puzzle i dont think Leeds have announced anything yet other than they will have team next season.
I doubt that Farmer will come to us the Panthers statement says he is contracted to them for another year.Would the Devils pay a transfer fee for him perhaps a swap with Hedden?.
From Lordo's tone last night he sounds wary of Doucet who appears to be well respected around the EIHL and he knows Lordo's methods and systems
I believe there will be another class Dman to come maybe from the Vancouver area?

JC23

I believe Livingstone will be back because of the McNamee factor but suspect that Ulmer will retire.I would like to see Benti back also but cant really work out Hedden's place in the mix.
I thought that Reddick would have been announced by now with Richie later assuming he is fit.
The goalie issue is a puzzle i dont think Leeds have announced anything yet other than they will have team next season.
I doubt that Farmer will come to us the Panthers statement says he is contracted to them for another year.Would the Devils pay a transfer fee for him perhaps a swap with Hedden?.
From Lordo's tone last night he sounds wary of Doucet who appears to be well respected around the EIHL and he knows Lordo's methods and systems
I believe there will be another class Dman to come maybe from the Vancouver area?
Leeds have announced Sam Gospel as their starting NM.

Although, I know Mad Dog is good friends with Sam Zajac so who knows.

We can't have boosted the budget by double surely... So begs the question, where was Thompson scouting and/or how much was he paying our bang average imports last year .

jenks33

We can't have boosted the budget by double surely... So begs the question, where was Thompson scouting and/or how much was he paying our bang average imports last year .
Thompson’s recruitment last summer just looked wrong from the start. When I looked at that roster after his final signings (pretty sure they were Johnson and Della Rovere) it didn’t worry me at all. Different story this year, I think Steelers will be there or thereabouts

Finny

I've said for a long time that Thommo's recruitment was often very poor when he went for unknown players.

He hit the jackpot with Calder and Carlsson when at Coventry, but after that how many good players did he bring to the UK?
Instead he tended to tempt players away from other EIHlL teams by offering them big, big money. Last year he tried to copy Lord by signing a team new to the UK and it fell apart.

Temme

Well my theory is that Murdy will become the kit man full time. Farmer will replace murdy as the extra Brit and we will sign a young import goalie, someone like Munson maybe but here’s hoping I suppose
The clause in Farmers contract was that he could explore offers in Europe if he wanted, but not another EIHL club.
At least that's what i read :)

zoesdevil

The clause in Farmers contract was that he could explore offers in Europe if he wanted, but not another EIHL club.
At least that's what i read :)
Can do what he likes now, as he's not under contract with Panthers & if he doesnt find a team in Europe, what say he cant sign for us!!