Confirmed Signings (& some departures) - All Teams 2019/2020

jenks33

Kyle Baun to Vienna. I’d be nervous if I was a Giants fan. They will replace these players with other quality players but ideally you want to keep your best players. Beskorowany, Roach, Riley, Murphy possibly Dwyer all going. If you look at their stats from last season it looks like they’re going to lose their top 7 point scorers from last season. It shows how well we’ve done/did to keep Martin, Hotham and Fournier for so long.

Ger-Devils

Kyle Baun to Vienna. I’d be nervous if I was a Giants fan. They will replace these players with other quality players but ideally you want to keep your best players. Beskorowany, Roach, Riley, Murphy possibly Dwyer all going. If you look at their stats from last season it looks like they’re going to lose their top 7 point scorers from last season. It shows how well we’ve done/did to keep Martin, Hotham and Fournier for so long.
Possibly up to 12 new players

BostonBart22

There must be something going on in Belfast for this to happen. Losing your top 3/4 players maybe but to lose this many means something isn’t right there.
Rumoured its to do with keefe inept coaching in the playoff final and not looking after one of his players darcy murphy who took a clean hit and went off with concussion only to be sent back on the ice to play,,lot of giants players were not happy with that, dont blame them realy..mass exodus looming

Gisland

Rumoured its to do with keefe inept coaching in the playoff final and not looking after one of his players darcy murphy who took a clean hit and went off with concussion only to be sent back on the ice to play,,lot of giants players were not happy with that, dont blame them realy..mass exodus looming
Just goes to show how rumours vary.... Also rumoured that Keefe had a bust up with Riley for not going after the Devils player that placed the clean hit..Clean or not, any teams Captain should make a stand.
Just can't see a mass exodus on the basis of "inept"coaching during the last 32 minutes of the last game. Guess rumours are floated to suit the agenda of whoever is spreading them. Have to say, this is the first I have read about the inept coaching issue. IF true, Belfast will have revolving door of players each and every season.

Murphy was taken out...clean or not Riley was the closest to the incident and should have stepped up, instead he just pushed the opponent...….Most of the players leaving have either retired or gone to higher leagues, other has taken what some are saying is a sideways/backward step. Players retire/leave clubs every season.
I remember similar rumblings last season when the Giants signed virtually a new team....and look how that turned out :cool::cool:

Gazza272

Murphy was taken out...clean or not Riley was the closest to the incident and should have stepped up, instead he just pushed the opponent...….Most of the players leaving have either retired or gone to higher leagues, other has taken what some are saying is a sideways/backward step. Players retire/leave clubs every season.
I remember similar rumblings last season when the Giants signed virtually a new team....and look how that turned out :cool::cool:

I think the difference last year, was that you had kept a core of guys, who were clearly going to be a bed rock, and continue what Keefe had built from year 1, Murphy, Riley, Vandemeer was a particularly strong core on which to build, you upgraded your goalie which was Key also.

There's no doubt under Keefe that as champs you will be favorites going into the new season, But it's incredibly difficult to replace what you've lost in the off season, it will be huge credit to Keefe if he is able to do so.

RedDevil17

Just goes to show how rumours vary.... Also rumoured that Keefe had a bust up with Riley for not going after the Devils player that placed the clean hit..Clean or not, any teams Captain should make a stand.
Just can't see a mass exodus on the basis of "inept"coaching during the last 32 minutes of the last game. Guess rumours are floated to suit the agenda of whoever is spreading them. Have to say, this is the first I have read about the inept coaching issue. IF true, Belfast will have revolving door of players each and every season.
Heard that Keefer had a bust up with Riley for not standing up after the Murphy hit. Keefer is a strong character and the way he played the game you knew as a Giants Captain he would have been charging in after that. But who knows.

Anyway the way the Giants always attract players with the lure of putting them in the shop window for big Euro leagues. We are fairly open with that, besko a clear example of this who made it clear he wanted to move onto a bigger European league. It has it advantages of perhaps attracting a higher calibre player, but with the disadvantage of having to recruit replacements more often.

It's nothing new for the Giants having a large turn over, although with the success we had this season it was bound to attract better teams, I have no issues with players moving up to better league as long as they put the effort in while here.

Think also with a few core players like Shields, Ferland, Vandermeer all retiring just means it's a bigger task.

But we have been here and done it before, I think we are one of the few teams in the league that recruit well on a regular basis. And even though we will have a big turn over I'm confident that Keefe and Thornton will get the right players in.

Nothing to be concerned about at all, taking home 3 trophies this season and runners up in two other competitions can't complain. And hardly call that inept coaching.

ASHIPP

Owen to Giants is a great signing for them. A cornerstone of Fife's success - he won games for them when they were ravaged with injuries and had a pretty average defence.

Don't worry, the Giants will have a strong team next season. Keefe has connections and there has never been a shortage of players wanting to go there. With a good defence in front of him, Owen will shine.

Finny

But we have been here and done it before, I think we are one of the few teams in the league that recruit well on a regular basis. And even though we will have a big turn over I'm confident that Keefe and Thornton will get the right players in.
I think this year we'll find out if that's actually true or not.

Since Thornton came in as GM in 2014 the Giant's league positions have been:
5th
4th
2nd
5th
1st

If you class Sheffield, Nottingham, Belfast and Cardiff (since the takeover) as being the top 4 you expect to challenge for the title - then Belfast have failed that expectation twice in five years. And only really challenged for the title twice.

As others have said, you expect a turnover of players after a successful season but Belfast seem to be losing the core that got them that success.

So far Belfast's signings have been impressive, but they need to continue like this all summer.

Wannabe2

Giants will definately sign a very good team, their scouting and contacts are first class, and Belfast is a lovely city to live. Throw in CHL competitions, and a club with a winning outlook and they will again be a force to be reckoned with. A strong Belfast can only be good for this league, got a feeling we have a very good season on the horizon, and will see some very good players.

Giants will definately sign a very good team, their scouting and contacts are first class, and Belfast is a lovely city to live. Throw in CHL competitions, and a club with a winning outlook and they will again be a force to be reckoned with. A strong Belfast can only be good for this league, got a feeling we have a very good season on the horizon, and will see some very good players.
think Cardiff and Belfast are the two best run teams in the league. Think it's a legacy of what killer has put in place in both organisations.