Confirmed Signings (& some departures) - All Teams 2019/2020

terry hunt

I think he deserves a shot at the job.Lots of passion and fire in his team last year.
I think he was in the same situation as Adams was in his last year with us.
Good luck to him.

zoesdevil

Disagree, I think Wallace is a great appointment. Did all he could at MK last year with a limited budget and despite lots of off ice antics by the ownership group he still made them play like a half decent team on some nights. With Nottingham’s budget I think he will do wonders for them and I think he’ll bring in some fantastic players. Has the right attitude for a coach too
Exactly, you just have to look at Lord & Keefe to see that these kind of appointments can work out well with the right backing behind them!

Exactly, you just have to look at Lord & Keefe to see that these kind of appointments can work out well with the right backing behind them!
I'm a fan of Wallace and think it's a shrewd appointment but he's in a totally different boat to Keefe & Lord. They were both playing for the club beforehand. They understood the ethos of the club and knew fans expectation. Lordo hit the ground running but Keefe had a mixed first year, Disappointing in the league and playoffs but won the CC. The fans never really got on his back because he was Keefe a club legend. If things don't go well for Wallace he won't be given the same slack from the Panthers fans.

ASHIPP

Is it any surprise that those coaches appointed brand new to the league last year struggled? Wallace got those players at MK to perform when they had nothing left to play for, and probably wanted to be anywhere other than there. This could be a good appointment....he's clearly a hard worker and a good motivator with a good knowledge of the league as a player and a coach. Surely those are three positive starting points to build a new team at Panthers?......add to that an extensive playing career in Europe, AHL and NHL. He may not know the culture at Panthers but he and Doucet are young and motivated enough to build a new culture there. Let's hope they are given time and space to do it.

Last edited:

Finny

Besko Joins Banska Bystrica of Slovakia
If I was a Belfast fans I'd be feeling a little but "huh?"

If Besko had gone to a DEL or SHL team then yes, no complaints. He's gone to a better league and much better money.

But the Slovakian league? Yes it's probably a shade above ours (we beat and lost to Banska two years ago) but would they be paying more than the EIHL?

RedDevil17

If I was a Belfast fans I'd be feeling a little but "huh?"

If Besko had gone to a DEL or SHL team then yes, no complaints. He's gone to a better league and much better money.

But the Slovakian league? Yes it's probably a shade above ours (we beat and lost to Banska two years ago) but would they be paying more than the EIHL?
We beat Poprad too don’t forget. Very strange move that one for me.

Mooney#16

If you reconcile the fact they went with Whistle the year before who then grabbed the cash in Sheffield and they cherry picked Besko from Edinburgh and got absolute value for money on that move. Reading between the lines Giants don’t seem to actually put a lot of budget into that position especially as they carry Murphy as back up so it’s not as much of a shock as you might think. Banska will be offering good money and looking at it definitely more than Giants by a bit of a margin i’d guess.

ASHIPP

Does anyone think Danny Taylor is Beskowany's replacement? Maybe on an MBA package? He would surely be one of the best goalies in the League judging by his experience, with some solid stats at big clubs.

pjj365

With Darcy Murphy to "Cory Neilson" and a few other moves this bears out the Belfast Telegraphy article post Playoffs that 6 of their best players leaving

Guess that's what you s coach gets if you play someone with obvious concusion

Wannabe2

Belfast again will be very strong, Keefe and their organisation will make sure of that, think Steelers and Panthers will be much stronger, but we will be the team to beat.

Devilsatw

You got to love it when besko Riley etc are all on tape saying we are happy to be playing in front of amazing fans we won this trophy for you blah blah blah. Then bam they leave lol.

Wannabe2

The majority of players talk like that though, whilst they are at a club it’s the best thing since sliced bread,and it’s what fans want to hear,we have had our share at Cardiff. Fortunately they are all replaceable.