Confirmed Signings (& some departures) - All Teams 2019/2020

Russell to Germany is one of the worst kept secrets of the off season. :confused:
Been a done deal for a while by all accounts. He must’ve known the move was on the cards before releasing his big social media signing video. Total PR balls up by the Clan & Russell. Also baffling why Russell has released this mid tournament with GB.

JC23

Been a done deal for a while by all accounts. He must’ve known the move was on the cards before releasing his big social media signing video. Total PR balls up by the Clan & Russell. Also baffling why Russell has released this mid tournament with GB.
Very odd! I agree with all your points in fairness.

jimmy snels

each to their own. i thought for a guy who played 25 mins a night, took the body at every opportunity and never shirked a confrontation he did his job quite well.
what i was watching was Manchester's games on freesports that weren't necessarily against us as well. he often lined up against our top line

Devilsatw

each to their own. i thought for a guy who played 25 mins a night, took the body at every opportunity and never shirked a confrontation he did his job quite well.
what i was watching was Manchester's games on freesports that weren't necessarily against us as well. he often lined up against our top line
I honestly thought he was just a goon. Passing was poor his fighting wasn’t the best either and found his tantrums quite annoying too.

I think he broke one or 2 sticks in a game against us when we was winning in the last league game at home.

Rempel16

I honestly thought he was just a goon. Passing was poor his fighting wasn’t the best either and found his tantrums quite annoying too.

I think he broke one or 2 sticks in a game against us when we was winning in the last league game at home.
His passing isn't great in fairness, but to counteract this, his passing doesn't need to be great. He's a stay-at-home defenceman who wouldn't have responsibility for the outlet pass. That's the purpose of building a team. You find a linemate that can compliment his style. Positionally and defensively he's actually very decent.

I'd certainly be wishing we had him if we were amongst the middle of the pack. He's not quite enough for a title challenger but there are far worse d-men to have played in this league.

He's also one hell of a character guy, will fight anyone and is certainly entertaining. He'd probably be a better player if he could curb the red-mist a bit, and I suspect this is part of why he hasn't made it higher.

His passing isn't great in fairness, but to counteract this, his passing doesn't need to be great. He's a stay-at-home defenceman who wouldn't have responsibility for the outlet pass. That's the purpose of building a team. You find a linemate that can compliment his style. Positionally and defensively he's actually very decent.

I'd certainly be wishing we had him if we were amongst the middle of the pack. He's not quite enough for a title challenger but there are far worse d-men to have played in this league.

He's also one hell of a character guy, will fight anyone and is certainly entertaining. He'd probably be a better player if he could curb the red-mist a bit, and I suspect this is part of why he hasn't made it higher.
Agree with this. He would’ve been a perfect BBT player who would’ve become a bit of a cult figure. However now we’re in the Viola and challenging for titles he probably not good enough.

Rempel16

Agree with this. He would’ve been a perfect BBT player who would’ve become a bit of a cult figure. However now we’re in the Viola and challenging for titles he probably not good enough.
Yep, there's a reason why he's the top selling jersey for the Storm.

It reminds me very much of the Trevor Hendrikx situation. Absolutely great and a fan favourite in the BBT, but someone that needed an upgrade when it came to us kicking on.