Confirmed Signings (& some departures) - All Teams 2019/2020

Devils86

Cerian Long leaves Manchester for another team. New team not revealed.
That will be a nice pick up for someone
I’m probably wrong but it screams of Steelers - trying to buy their way back to to table.

They have a few potential quality Brit’s in the junior end and so they want to cap it with a marquee Brit signing...

That being said, they announced a big Brit core last week and said that it was complete. So maybe it’s another side trying to throw £ at a problem - Panthers?

CaldicotDevil

I’m probably wrong but it screams of Steelers - trying to buy their way back to to table.

They have a few potential quality Brit’s in the junior end and so they want to cap it with a marquee Brit signing...

That being said, they announced a big Brit core last week and said that it was complete. So maybe it’s another side trying to throw £ at a problem - Panthers?
Simmsy on twitter yesterday was bragging about his knowledge. He basically ruled out Steelers, Panthers & Guildford. He didn't rule out Giants & Us.

It's got to be Belfast.

Can't see us going for him unless Myers or Richie were retiring. Myers has had his best season with us last year, so can't see him retiring soon. Richie I could maybe see retiring. He seems to be struggling with a few recurring injuries & niggles last season. However despite carrying these knocks he's still class and doing a great job, I can't remember the last time he had a bad game. Also think a guy who been such a legend for us that the club would announce it before the end of the season, that way he could get the send off he would deserve.

Mooney#16

With Shields retiring the Giants have only really got two moves they can make as I see it. Go out and get Ciaran Long or try and convince Craig Peacock to go back as they are clearly short on Brits. Of the two Long is probably the better choice so seems completely obvious they’d throw some cash that way.

The only reason Devils would go for Long would be Brit succession planning around retirements but i’d be tempted to try and lure Owen Griffiths back in that respect alongside Duggan as they could prove to be legacy Devils in the making.

Temme

to Devils is a strong rumour.

However, to decline the 2nd year of your contract & then join another EIHL club would be a massive kick in the teeth. I can't see him staying in our league to be honest.

CaldicotDevil

to Devils is a strong rumour.

However, to decline the 2nd year of your contract & then join another EIHL club would be a massive kick in the teeth. I can't see him staying in our league to be honest.
Simmsy just tweeted Belfast fans won’t be happy when he arrives at his new destination. He also ruled out Steelers which leaves us or the Panthers.

Always thought there were clauses in most contracts that which says players could move to another league but couldn’t move from an EIHL club to another EIHL club. If that’s the case we may have traded him for someone.

Wannabe2

Simmsy just tweeted Belfast fans won’t be happy when he arrives at his new destination. He also ruled out Steelers which leaves us or the Panthers.

Always thought there were clauses in most contracts that which says players could move to another league but couldn’t move from an EIHL club to another EIHL club. If that’s the case we may have traded him for someone.
Players can move where ever they like, they are free agents, if Riley does come then happy days, if he don’t then bad move Blair.

CaldicotDevil

But contracts mean ??????? 2 weeks notice on either side and you are on your way.
We got compensation for Blood. Can’t imagine Giants just letting a; Captain, Tough guy and a great goal scorer go. Especially if it’s another EIHL side.

At 33 and a physical player not sure if Europe would come calling.

dave

But contracts mean ??????? 2 weeks notice on either side and you are on your way.
Normal standard contract is 2 weeks notice...sounds like he was not on that but a multi year deal but with option for either party to op out of second year..there are multi year contracts also without that option..those are most common contracts.