Confirmed Signings (& some departures) - All teams 2017/18

wildthing74

Not sure about the Aarssen signing tbh? When we were linked with him 2 years ago their fans said he was garbage but I had always rated him and would have been happy with the signing.

Since they knew he was leaving I haven't seen many fans saying they were disappointed so the fact he has gone to the second biggest club in the league is a shock.

I like that Steelers are comfortable enough in showing all their cards so early,not like them to be over confident.

ASHIPP

Scott Aarssen v good signing for the Steelers. After his first two very successful seasons at Clan, he was linked with the Devils and considered good enough to be a possible successor to Andrew Hotham. He had an average season last time on a poor Clan team - but any player can experience an 'off' year when things don't go well, right?

Steelers have completed and announced their full roster earlier than most, including several U23 interesting youngsters for development. That's Thommo's style and always has been. He can get on with season preparations without recruitment distractions.
Expect the Steelers to be highly competitive and consistent and in the mix for everything again next season...... because historically that's the way it usually is.

bdevil

Scott Aarssen v good signing for the Steelers. After his first two very successful seasons at Clan, he was linked with the Devils and considered good enough to be a possible successor to Andrew Hotham. He had an average season last time on a poor Clan team - but any player can experience an 'off' year when things don't go well, right?

Steelers have completed and announced their full roster earlier than most, including several U23 interesting youngsters for development. That's Thommo's style and always has been. He can get on with season preparations without recruitment distractions.
Expect the Steelers to be highly competitive and consistent and in the mix for everything again next season...... because historically that's the way it usually is.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure he'd all but signed for us at the beginning of 15/16 season as Tyson Marsh's replacement. When Tyson decided to not retire and have one more year we pulled out of the Aarssen deal.
I might be way off but I'm sure I heard something like that somewhere.
Remember at the start of that season when Franny said we were looking at 3 players from inside the EIHL and got 2 (Salters and Douc) the third was Aarssen.

ASHIPP

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure he'd all but signed for us at the beginning of 15/16 season as Tyson Marsh's replacement. When Tyson decided to not retire and have one more year we pulled out of the Aarssen deal.
I might be way off but I'm sure I heard something like that somewhere.
Remember at the start of that season when Franny said we were looking at 3 players from inside the EIHL and got 2 (Salters and Douc) the third was Aarssen.
Your comments might be nearer the mark than my original memories of this. I certainly remember Aarssen being discussed on the Inferno, and a v strong rumour he was in discussions with the club.

Mooney#16

I think the biggest certainty with Sheffield's roster is it will not look the same at the end of the season. They will be competitive and the forwards look good for a lot of goals you have to give them that but that D Corp does look to have question marks over it. They might destroy this league but I'd put money on when a couple of results don't go his way Thommo will don the Teflon suit and drive a bus straight over some poor unsuspecting import.

ASHIPP

Evan Mosey returns to the Panthers. Absolutely cracking signing for them. Their place will be jumping! Panthers are recruiting a faster, younger team than previous seasons with a couple of anchor veterans for leadership and experience.