Coach of the Year

Earnie

Thread starter #1
Two months ago I posted LORD for Coach of the Year award. It was early but posted for a reason - so I post it again.(regardless of what happens to Braehead and Sheffield)

Temme

I think Lord is prime candidate given our current status as cup Champions & in the driving seat for the league.

But Finnerty is probably a worthy consideration also.

Sheincar

But with Finnerty, for me, we then come back to the easier conference point. Lord has won us a trophy against tough opposition.

Finny

Andrew Lord:
Rookie year as a player-coach
Only appointed in late summer, had to sign a whole team from scratch in 4 weeks.
Took a team that finished 9th last season to the other end of the table to fight it out for the league and conference finals.
Challenge Cup winners.

No brainer for me.

mazza03

Finny said:
Andrew Lord:
Rookie year as a player-coach
Only appointed in late summer, had to sign a whole team from scratch in 4 weeks.
Took a team that finished 9th last season to the other end of the table to fight it out for the league and conference finals.
Challenge Cup winners.

No brainer for me.
+1

Ocko

There isn't even any competition for this, Lord walks it. Plays the best, most entertaining hockey and has now got some hardware to show for it.

Adams the bridesmaid hasn't set the world on fire with his massive budget.
Finnerty has done nothing more than expected in Division 2.

Everyone else has been quite disappointing.

ASHIPP

It's a no brainer. For a first year coach to recruit a team in 6 weeks, get them to gel and buy into systems, to continously improve each week against tough opposition (especially the battle in the Erhardt Conference) and for the team to win a trophy with the player/coach leading the way. Remarkable achievements.

Lordo is loved and revered at this Club. Am sure he is respected by his peers and fans around the League.

Koop11

Give him a knighthood while you're at it. What that man has done in a short period of time is remarkable.

Wannabe2 said:
Amazepux said:
The Green one that the Pantthers use is a good coach..but I think Cardiffs coach pips it!
And Lordy ain't out of first gear yet. :lol:
Good strong Scottish name Andrew..if hes got more gears then youll get the quadruple..offer him double salary to re-sign before the Panthers swoop!

wildthing74

On a 3yr deal,dates a Devils legend's daughter and eats,sleeps & breathes the club. I think we are pretty safe Amazepux.

Lord will be here as long as he is wanted.

KaneDevils

Despite having a great season I think next season might give us more of an idea on lords coaching potential. Some might argue that this season expetancy has been low so little to no pressure on achieving anything. Especially after last year's going ons.
Next season will see more expectancy and the pressure that goes with it. I think then will have more insight on how far he can take us.

Time will tell but but you cant knock him at present. He's done fantastic. Long may that continue.

I agree that we will be better placed to judge when expectations are more realistically set next season. Coming off a 9th place disaster season, everyone was expecting us to be scrapping around the bottom of the playoff places.

Not to take anything away from the incredible achievements of Lord this year, but next year will be interesting when fans (and probably ownership) will be targeting silverware and a strong league position.

I will also be interested to see how he manages the off-season. Clearly he's got a tightly-knit group of players here, but I wonder if he will look to strengthen any areas? I also wonder whether he will be able to afford to keep them all. Although he may have got them cheap this season, players like Hotham, Martin and Hudson will command a lot of attention from other clubs. I can see the Arena teams offering Hotham big money to leave (tough 20 goal D-men don't come around often), and Lord might therefore need to increase his wage. That will require compromise in other areas of the team potentially, and I think that's where we will see how good a coach he is. If he can hang on to most of the team without breaking the bank, that's an excellent indication to me that he's as good a coach as we all think and hope.

Tommy

Skippy

I've removed some posts here.

Sorry to everyone who commented on the posts that were removed.

Only way to do it was to remove all of it.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Amazepux said:
Wannabe2 said:
Amazepux said:
The Green one that the Pantthers use is a good coach..but I think Cardiffs coach pips it!
And Lordy ain't out of first gear yet. :lol:
Good strong Scottish name Andrew..if hes got more gears then youll get the quadruple..offer him double salary to re-sign before the Panthers swoop!
I'll not change my opinion till the seasons over..put tonitivees game (11/3) down to blip...massive effort now needed