Clan Vs Devils - 7 Dec 19 - League

Kevin roog

Just like death and taxes. You can bank on Masi and Jardine to give up penalties. We are just missing the holy trinity of the hacking slashing machine benti(although I spotted him warming up) so we got that to look forward to tomorrow

Diablo3

Great road win. Sounds like the Clan went nuts in the third. We'll need to be at it tomorrow for the Fife game, they are going well at the moment.

Also, you have to feel sorry for all those Belfast fans carrying their Bears home again tonight.

Imp

48:09 - Glasgow Clan, 2-minute penalty. Craig Moore called for tripping.
48:24 - Power-play Goal for team Cardiff Devils 2:3. Scored by Blair Riley, assisted by Mark Richardson.
48:24 - Glasgow Clan, 2-minute penalty. Mathieu Roy called for unsportsmanlike conduct.
49:17 - Glasgow Clan, 2-minute penalty. Jordan Heywood called for checking to the head or neck.
49:17 - Glasgow Clan, 10-minute penalty. Jordan Heywood called for checking to the head or neck.
49:53 - Glasgow Clan, 2-minute penalty. Linden Springer called for tripping.
49:53 - Glasgow Clan, 2-minute penalty. Matt Beca called for abuse of officials.
49:53 - Glasgow Clan, 10-minute penalty. Matt Beca called for abuse of officials.
49:53 - Glasgow Clan, 20-minute penalty. Matt Beca called for abuse of officials.
50:17 - Power-play Goal for team Cardiff Devils 2:4. Scored by Joey Martin unassisted.
50:36 - Power-play Goal for team Cardiff Devils 2:5. Scored by Sean McMonagle, assisted by Joey Haddad, Joey Martin.

An eventful “two and a half minutes”. :D

doron

good win for Cardiff. it sounds like the 3rd period lost it for the clan and the match officials are off their Christmas card list.
also just seen. omae pacha post-game interview he's really depressed.

moggy#9

Lots of complaints from clan fans on Twitter about the officials. Anyone know if there's any validity to the complaints? Also I've seen some comments about langlet. Was it him who got the check to the head? What the hell happened there in the third? As a side note I find the official eihl highlights really annoying as they just show the puck going on the net and give no context.

jimmy snels

im up in Scotland. the calls were legitimate and the sportsmanlike calls and abuse of officials completely warranted. The poor discipline cost them the game, not the officials.

im on a stag doo up here and the clan gave our stag a signed shirt which was a lovely gesture.

Earnie

good win for Cardiff. it sounds like the 3rd period lost it for the clan and the match officials are off their Christmas card list.
also just seen. omae pacha post-game interview he's really depressed.

Omar Pacha does very good post- game (I am really depressed) interviews. It is not his first and probably won't be his last!!

moggy#9

Omar Pacha does very good post- game (I am really depressed) interviews. It is not his first and probably won't be his last!!
I'd love to see what he could do with a decent budget. He does well with limited resources, and seems to be a good guy.

Imp

Lots of complaints from clan fans on Twitter about the officials. Anyone know if there's any validity to the complaints? Also I've seen some comments about langlet. Was it him who got the check to the head? What the hell happened there in the third? As a side note I find the official eihl highlights really annoying as they just show the puck going on the net and give no context.
None whatsoever. There were a couple of niggly back-and-forth exchanges where your never quite sure why Player A is in the box rather than Player B, but you have to trust that the officials got the guy who “started it” and you can’t reasonably say they’re wrong (just not be too surprised when/if it goes the other way).

Check to the head wasn’t super-malicious; He was low, it was avoidable, and the resulting collision is always dangerous on some level. My impression is that those collisions are just deemed to be out of order, period, rather than that there was anything exceptional about it.

Clan seem to have a pretty straightforward system:
  • Shoot, and if that fails ...
  • Bundle it in, and if that fails ...
  • Draw a penalty, and if that fails ...
  • Start a fight, and if that fails ...
  • Scream at the ref, and if that fails ...
  • Tighten up, save face, and lose with a bit of self-respect.
Really wouldn’t have fancied Devils coming back from a goal behind yesterday, but they kept their heads and let Clan implode first.