Clan Vs Devils 20 Mar 19 - League

Devils86

Huge win (as they all are at this stage of the season).

If Myers provoked Connolly to take that penalty then that’s experience right there. Was nervous until then.

Could have easily had a couple more with what looked like empty net chances for Martin and Chucky.

Held on at times at the back but 2pts is 2pts!

On we go.

Diablo3

That'll do me. 2 more points from a difficult game and it heaps more pressure on to the Giants, especially as Coventry won tonight giving the Storm incentive on Friday. Happy bunny.

Last edited:

Kevlar68

The guys just need to focus one game at a time and only on our games, only we can control our destiny, we can't rely on others to do it for us.

Samael

Easier said than done Kevlar. I think it's bullshine when coaches say the team are focused on only their games and they are taking it one game at a time etc. This core group are in unfamilar territory coming down the stretch as it hasnt been this close in years. I've got faith in them though even if my fingers are chewed down to the knuckle watching this pan out.

Temme

That was brutal defending by Fournier
To be fair to him, Richie (his D partner) was totally out of position backchecking hard.

Fournier played it like a 2v1 which from the reverse angle is spot on.

If Fourns tracks his man driving the net without the puck he gives up a free shot to the guy & hockey players are always told on a 2v1 to take the pass option away.

ASHIPP

Almost became 'squeaky bum' time in p3 when the second Clan goal (attributed to Pitt but an accidental deflection off Joey's stick?) went in and Clan started to exert pressure. Devils kept composure and got a very, very important result.

The Team are starting to play like they did at the beginning of the season - if they can stay smart, disciplined and focused on one game at a time, who knows what they can do.

Privately they might be well aware of the impact of results from other teams. Professionally I am sure they are concentrating purely on their game went on the ice.