Clan Vs Devils - 13 Nov 19 - League

august04

Well we let in 3 powerplaygoals without playing physical
Our new physical style was short lived! Looks like Lord decided to go all conservative again. What a shame. This team is hard work, we got just what we deserved tonight. Nothing. The new guy can’t arrive quick enough.

E.D.S.

So do we accept we are an average team and stop the moaning or do we continue to expect more and be consistently let down. One new D man won’t change our season. When Strachan came in we weren’t this far adrift in terms of performances and personnel. Put it simply... we don’t have the players to compete this year.

moggy#9

Well, it was pretty obvious an empty netters was coming since we seem to be hopeless on the face off. But two empty netters? If this were Sheffield a couple of players would be on a plane home. Langlet seems to be a shadow of the player he was last season and, despite the fact he scored tonight, I just don't rate Riley.

Kevin roog

people blaming the refs on Twitter . I thought clan had more penalties missed than us. Apart from the Riley one. The devils team made more mistakes than the refs

Really is a shame to see ice hockey develop diving and play acting, there seems to be a noticeable increase this season.

Poor result poor performance, we really need to develop a very solid, simple, boring road game, it doesn't matter about physicality on the road, save that for the home games and home fans where you actually make your money, just strip it right down for away games and make it basic and simple

august04

people blaming the refs on Twitter . I thought clan had more penalties missed than us. Apart from the Riley one. The devils team made more mistakes than the refs
It’s too easy to blame the refs. The fan base needs to take the rose tinted specs off and look at our own failings and realise this team is just not at it for whatever reason, and hasn’t been for some time.

Devils86

Gets his shot at what? After his heroics last year with GB, his only other offer was a spot in Denmark, and that league is arguably at best equal or possibly a lower standard than the EIHL - and he chose to stay with the Devils. He’s settled and there‘s nothing wrong with that. I’d be amazed if he goes anywhere.
(Not in any tone - genuine question coming) Did you are the interviews with Bowns and others (I think either Lord or TK) in the off season?

ISTR that this off season most clubs in Europe had their NMs locked into 2 year contracts and Bowns wasn’t willing to leave for a backup role. He signed with us again for a year so he can see what offers come in next summer. The Aalborg offer was the only one that came in but he’s aiming higher than that.

I’d love him to stay but I wouldn’t be surprised to see him leave - and if that happens I was wondering what people thought of Killeen as a replacement...

ASHIPP

Absolute shambles. Scottish midweek trips are a menace but the Devils didn't deserve much from tonight. Did they fly up? Maybe they should experience the luxury of the long coach trip next time like Dundee and Fife, who seem to get results on the road this season by getting the basics right.

moggy#9

(Not in any tone - genuine question coming) Did you are the interviews with Bowns and others (I think either Lord or TK) in the off season?

ISTR that this off season most clubs in Europe had their NMs locked into 2 year contracts and Bowns wasn’t willing to leave for a backup role. He signed with us again for a year so he can see what offers come in next summer. The Aalborg offer was the only one that came in but he’s aiming higher than that.

I’d love him to stay but I wouldn’t be surprised to see him leave - and if that happens I was wondering what people thought of Killeen as a replacement...
I could see bownsy playing in DEL 2, or EBEL, but I can't really see the opportunities being there for him in the top leagues.

august04

Poor result poor performance, we really need to develop a very solid, simple, boring road game, it doesn't matter about physicality on the road, save that for the home games and home fans where you actually make your money, just strip it right down for away games and make it basic and simple
I don’t buy that, especially when things aren’t going for you. We’ve seen plenty of teams come into our arena and hit us around, trying to put us off our game. We keep being told we recruited a younger, faster, more physical team - well, play to those strengths consistently then, and not just at home either. We’re trying to find our identity, give it a real go and play hard ffs.