clan v panthers playoff game

voth26

Thread starter #1
seems the clan were a tad feisty against the panthers and managed to score 4 goals!!! miracles can and do happen seems a total contrast to the clan side that turned up and "played" against the steelers :evil:

wildthing74

nmase20 said:
That's because they didn't turn up, thanks for nothing clan, i've lost a lot of respect for Bruce Richardson after that sham.
Me too.Hoping they get destroyed by Panthers.Can't believe they had an end of season party after the Saturday game so clearly their minds were focussed on the 2 games :?.As if they couldn't wait til the Monday or Tuesday.
Not that anybody owes us a favout but at least Blaze came and competed.They clearly have no respect for their own fans either the way the rolled over.

RTfarty

Are we really that bitter? Do you honestly think a team like Sheffield we're going to lose to Braehead knowing the league title is in their hands? and do you honestly think Braehead conspired to lose that game? ask any of their players and they would tell you 100% they were playing to win. These are professional athletes who hate nothing more than losing!

And of course they're going to turn the heat up in the playoffs against a struggling Panthers side! I hope they do well in the playoff run and beat the Panthers to the finals weekend, they sure as hell deserve to on the back of a successful debut season!

voth26

Thread starter #5
RTfarty said:
Are we really that bitter? Do you honestly think a team like Sheffield we're going to lose to Braehead knowing the league title is in their hands? and do you honestly think Braehead conspired to lose that game? ask any of their players and they would tell you 100% they were playing to win. These are professional athletes who hate nothing more than losing!

And of course they're going to turn the heat up in the playoffs against a struggling Panthers side! I hope they do well in the playoff run and beat the Panthers to the finals weekend, they sure as hell deserve to on the back of a successful debut season!
you have to admit that there's a hell of a difference to turning up playing well and losing by the odd goal ie panthers game and not turning up and losing both games v steelers without scoring in either game when they had scored in the games up to the steelers games, no one is saying their not professional but you have to admit the two weekends were as different as chalk and cheese, yep you cant deny braehead have had a great season all credit to them and we should have sealed our own season, just i think most people expected a better braehead team to turn up v steelers given the season they have had!!

What voth26 said, and yes the clan had a great chance of beating the steelers that weekend, even G believed that. With the way braehead have played before and after that weekend the results against the steelers did not represent how they had been playing at all. Sure there is a possibility sheffield were just far to good for them, but I don't buy they put 100% into it. Especially when as wildthing says they had a party saturday night...
We should have one the league for ourselves but it would have been nice to see braehead put some real effort.

ASHIPP

It's very difficult to judge from the short clips shown on the Sky Sports ice hockey show, but Clan defence out of position for some of those Steelers' goals - and Perras couldn't do it all on their own. Get the impression the Clan had their eye on the next competition because they could do nothing to alter their league position. Based on that, they had no incentive to put in the effort for the league.

Panthers did well in Braehead. And they will have a point to prove against the Clan tonight in the NIC for being beaten by them there this season, including the Disney Cup.
Will be supporting the Panthers for this one - despite their injuries (still don't know exactly who is playing), they are still capable of nailing this.

TheStub

By the sounds of it the Clan gave up 2 weeks ago.

This was the reason I expected them to turn up against the Steelers -momentum is a big thing in this sport. Clan threw their away and now have crashed and burned in the playoffs. They were a contender in their first season, but now are just another mid table team to get beaten back to back and not make it even to the semis.

Al07

The clan did not have an after season party on the saturday nite only some of the players a couple, went to the bar and were on a curfew! There is no point trying to blame another team for your own mistakes.......face it if you had stepped up to the mark during your bad spell then you would have won the league!

As a Clan fan I am very disappointed with the performance of the team throughout the past few games, however I think it may be more of an attitude issue than throwing any games..........think they may have been too cocky tbh and underestimated the steelers and the panthers! But anyway I am proud of my team in their first season and think that we will be a real threat next year to the "top 4"! Good luck with your game 2nite and im sure I shall see some of you guys next weekend!

voth26

Thread starter #10
Al07 said:
The clan did not have an after season party on the saturday nite only some of the players a couple, went to the bar and were on a curfew! There is no point trying to blame another team for your own mistakes.......face it if you had stepped up to the mark during your bad spell then you would have won the league!

As a Clan fan I am very disappointed with the performance of the team throughout the past few games, however I think it may be more of an attitude issue than throwing any games..........think they may have been too cocky tbh and underestimated the steelers and the panthers! But anyway I am proud of my team in their first season and think that we will be a real threat next year to the "top 4"! Good luck with your game 2nite and im sure I shall see some of you guys next weekend!
Us devils fans readily accept where we lost the league, all we are saying is that your team scored goals before and after the steelers games, no one is suggesting your team threw the game on purpose but even you have to admit a different braehead team turned up for the steelers weekend and the panthers games!!!

voth26 said:
Al07 said:

Us devils fans readily accept where we lost the league, all we are saying is that your team scored goals before and after the steelers games, no one is suggesting your team threw the game on purpose but even you have to admit a different braehead team turned up for the steelers weekend and the panthers games!!!
Well if u read the posts elsewhere on the forum then u may realise wat I am talking about......SOME not ALL of the folks on the forum clearly stated that we rolled over for sheffield and that they had lost all respect for us and that they were supporting panthers in the quarter final as a result.........to me that says that a minority blame us which is why I posted!

If you read my post u will c that I have clearly stated that the team did not perform well and that I was not impressed, it seems as if they were too cocky in the run up to the games and took the opposition for granted........for the days leading up to those games the team were very cocky about winning and probably underestimated the panthers n steelers.

Anyway I dont hold a grudge and will b supporting u guys in the semi final cause I cant stand Belfast so good luck and mayb c a few of u in Nottingham this weekend!