Clan / Caps weekend Feb 2011

Thread starter #1
Anyone else heading up for these two games? (Devils @ Breahead 11th Feb, Devils at Edinburgh 13th Feb)

I'm wondering who's going up, who's been up before and also what impact the Scotland v Wales match on the 12th might have. Whats international day like up there?

Its my first away trip!

I have yet to make the trip north for the hockey :( (can't get time off work that week). However i have been up for an international before. The atmosphere is pretty good although it was COLD when i went (like -12C or something stupid like that). Grassmarket has a good atmosphere although it gets pretty busy and it can be a little pricy but there are lots of good pubs on rose street as well and if you are looking for a nice place to eat and like seafood the mussel in is AMAZING!!

Chris

Administrator
There's at least a coachload going up, once the nottingham trip is done i'll stick bobs thread back up as a sticky.

As for the venues, Braehead looks nice, but Murrayfield is an absolute hole, no matter what the temperature is outside, it's going to be colder inside, the seating is dire and generally it's just utter bobbins. In my opinion anyway :)

Chris.

Chris said:
There's at least a coachload going up, once the nottingham trip is done i'll stick bobs thread back up as a sticky.

As for the venues, Braehead looks nice, but Murrayfield is an absolute hole, no matter what the temperature is outside, it's going to be colder inside, the seating is dire and generally it's just utter bobbins. In my opinion anyway :)

Chris.
When i went to Murrayfield a few years ago i ended up having a few splinters as the seats were so bad!

Thread starter #5
There's nothing like a nice rustic rink! :shock: My girlfriend got a chest infection from Bristol's corduroy bleachers. :lol:

We've booked flights and are going to make a week of it. We'll be wanting to know which bars the coach crew are heading to tho i recon.

Seafood will be a winner for the evening of the 14th. Special occasion and all that, thanks for the tip.

Was going to head up, booked the leave with work and everything was sorted. Then I found out I was pregnant, so..... I can't see me sitting in a car for 9 hours!! :lol:

Finny

samidevils said:
Was going to head up, booked the leave with work and everything was sorted. Then I found out I was pregnant, so..... I can't see me sitting in a car for 9 hours!! :lol:
Congratulations Sami! :D

Bob's Tours coach party will be heading for the Braehead arena to have a few refreshments there. It is a very good area for food and drink so I have been told. Planning to get there foraround 6.00pm. Please come and join us if you would like to do so.

Gaz G

samidevils said:
Congratulations, great news.

However that is no excuse to come and watch the devils lol. My misses came with us all a couple of years ago to edinburgh when she was nearly 8 months gone.