Chris Frank ban

jimmy snels

Well done the league. This new system is working so far. I just hope this consistency continues when a panther, squeeler or giant is the perpetrator

jimmy snels

Just a quick one to go with this. One poor thing in this was that not a single one of our players reacted and doug fought his battle. I'd like to have seen marsh charging down there and getting stuck in. Is he injured still? As our C I'd like to see him leading by example on shit like this

Finny

For all the criticism I've given the EIHL you have to say this new feature of theirs is very professional.

I said at the time it was a shocking check and deserved a match. A 4 game van is deserved.

I think Jimmy is being a bit tough on our team though. There wasn't a huge gap from what I can remember between Frank hitting Clarkson and him getting back up to go after Frank. If Doug has stayed on the ice then fair enough, but when the toughest guy in the league is looking for blood it's best to leave him to it and not risk 3rd Man In calls etc.

drainage

Finny said:
For all the criticism I've given the EIHL you have to say this new feature of theirs is very professional.

I said at the time it was a shocking check and deserved a match. A 4 game van is deserved.

I think Jimmy is being a bit tough on our team though. There wasn't a huge gap from what I can remember between Frank hitting Clarkson and him getting back up to go after Frank. If Doug has stayed on the ice then fair enough, but when the toughest guy in the league is looking for blood it's best to leave him to it and not risk 3rd Man In calls etc.
Agreed Dougie did pop up to deal with situation. .. Any help may have been 3rd man in !

Sheincar

As Hudson's ban from the same game was over-ruled on Sunday, does this mean we asked for Frank's hit to be reviewed? If so that's a first for us. Will Emmerson's check to the head on Sunday automatically be reviewed?

"During the game Cardiff Devils v Braehead Clan on Saturday 20th September 2014, The Department of Player Safety has been asked to review a hit Chris Frank made on Cardiff #93 Doug Clarkson".

I can only assume from this that the club asked for the hit to be reviewed. If so I'm glad. Seeing the replay, it was a very nasty, dirty hit from an old fan favourite. Shame on Chris Frank. He deserves this ban.

jimmy snels

drainage said:
Finny said:

Agreed Dougie did pop up to deal with situation. .. Any help may have been 3rd man in !
Possibly but looking at it again marsh didn't even look like he was going to move or culligan (who I wouldn't expect to drop them with frank by the way). It just brought back memories of faulkner getting injured and no one bothering. My guess is jesse who would usually would have been his line mate might have reacted different. I think I just want us mean all the time because I'm always angry :lol:

Totally agree with the four game and the new review system is great. Actually prefer it to the NHL version.

Welshy74

My concern would be that the referee was looking straight at the hit and didnt call it yet Hudson was called check to the head but was quashed. Hope they had a chat with the stripeys about this

jimmy snels

Welshy74 said:
My concern would be that the referee was looking straight at the hit and didnt call it yet Hudson was called check to the head but was quashed. Hope they had a chat with the stripeys about this
Totally agree with this. He didn't even call a penalty initially either with hudson then reacted to the Fitzgerald sucker punch by canning him. Bizarre. Thought finnerty might be in trouble too for his after game escapades

jimmy snels said:
drainage said:
Finny said:

Possibly but looking at it again marsh didn't even look like he was going to move or culligan (who I wouldn't expect to drop them with frank by the way). It just brought back memories of faulkner getting injured and no one bothering. My guess is jesse who would usually would have been his line mate might have reacted different. I think I just want us mean all the time because I'm always angry :lol:

Totally agree with the four game and the new review system is great. Actually prefer it to the NHL version.
But there wasn't a whistle was there? If Marsh had gone charging in and Clan broke away and scored, Marsh would have been slated for that. As Finny says Clarkson got up pretty quick and gave Frank no choice. Marsh has no case to answer here.

I wonder if they will review Finnerty's action of chasing the stripes to their changing room and giving them a load of verbals including extreme bad language?

Wannabe2

Frank banned after ref decided to let him remain in the game, Hudson thrown out for delivering a perfectly good hard hit, says something about the geezer refereeing this match he was dire.

Rempel16

In fairness to Marsh he has previous for sticking up for his teammates... He's the one player from recent seasons that has consistently reacted to bad plays. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt here.

Really pleased that Frank has been punished. He was playing like an idiot all game. There's a difference between playing tough and playing dirty. He certainly crossed the line.

Temme

Ban totally deserved, i've said on other threads(?) or twitter that this would result in a ban.

The hit was directly in front of us ( & jimmy snels ) and it was clear that Frank had targeted the head.

Clarkson had put him self against the boards to stop the puck when the other Braehead D man was clearing and as a result of Clarkson being backed onto the boards Frank targets him.

There's no real way of disguising a hit to the head when you're 6"1 or 6"2 and the guy you're checking is 6"5 or 6"6.

I like Frank but that was a gutless play and wasn't retribution for anything previous, was good to see him get his ass handed to him afterwards.

Hope Dougie is ok.

ASHIPP

Had Carl Hudson been ejected from the game by then? I am guessing Tyson weighed up whether losing another key Devils' defenceman at that point (for 3rd man in) in the game would have been wise. Afterall he was Captain that night he makes the calls on his own responsibilities to the Team in the game.

No need for Frank to have reacted in that way....nothing previous to retaliate for. A fan favorite too and Clan will miss him for 4 games. Expect fireworks in Braehead next trip.

Have Hope#35

ASHIPP said:
Had Carl Hudson been ejected from the game by then? I am guessing Tyson weighed up whether losing another key Devils' defenceman at that point (for 3rd man in) in the game would have been wise. Afterall he was Captain that night he makes the calls on his own responsibilities to the Team in the game.

No need for Frank to have reacted in that way....nothing previous to retaliate for. A fan favorite too and Clan will miss him for 4 games. Expect fireworks in Braehead next trip.
Clan fans on Twitter saying at least he can't cost us a game for the next four games by taking a stupid penalty! Nothing more than Frank deserved... He played like a complete Goon the whole game!

He deserved everything he got with the 4 game ban, he is one of the dirtiest players I've seen and I didn't rate him when he played for us. So glad he is gone the guy is a liability for any team.

Dai Vader said:
He deserved everything he got with the 4 game ban, he is one of the dirtiest players I've seen and I didn't rate him when he played for us. So glad he is gone the guy is a liability for any team.
I think that's a bit of a stretch. He plays on the edge and sometimes crosses the line but I wouldn't say he's a dirty player.