CHL

Gough60

Just had quick look at ticket sales for home game against Liberec. Loads of tickets available.
Come on Devils fans this is the CHL.

If you are travelling by train from Zurich to Davos and back for the game there are some deals to be had at the moment. I just managed to get them for 70CHF less then full price. (After you have chosen your tickets, you are given a list of potential supersaver options).

Swiss Rail website here (and it's in English): https://www.sbb.ch/ticketshop/b2c/dossierListeDetails.do

Just as an FYI when it asks you for Date of Birth enter it as: DDMMYYYY with no slashes / spaces or dashes (it took me a few attempts to figure it out and there is no help to explain that)

Some info for you regarding HC Davos game (Official info from withing the club, and my own personal experiences working for Davos/CHL at the Champions Hockey League

Vallaint Arena in Davos' capacity is around 7000, for the Devils CHL game I would expect to see maybe 2000 or so there so do not worry about travelling without getting a ticket in advance, there will be absolutely no problem getting one at the door. The club has made each CHL group match a special game where it simply offers a standing ticket or a seating ticket, but with no restrictions as to which seat you sit in - "open-seating". It is to encourage a few more Davos fans to go to the game, being able to sit in the best seats for say 15 quid instead of the normal 60 pound they would cost - also seats that they wouldn't normally be able to get their bums on. The CHL is still a hard sell for teams in the top leagues like Switzerland, Sweden & Finland, especially when the games are in August when the regular season hasn't kicked off yet and the holidays are just finishing.

The club has reserved the standing sector M for Devils fans, and also the two adjacent seating sections G & H so that the Devils fans can also be in the same area whether seated or standing, helps create atmosphere etc.

Great spot and advice by Ook in regards to train tickets - the train system over here is absolutely fantastic, but with the weak pound and strong Swiss Franc, it's not cheap - the supersaver tickets are exactly the same ticket as a full price one, the only limitation being that you of course HAVE to travel on the train journey/time of the ticket you purchased - if you miss that train then your ticket is null and void and you have to buy a new fully priced one. Supersaver tickets are only available online and in advance.

The CHL tweeted back to me last week saying that they're streaming the games for free on YouTube - so this news is not that exciting. Good old premier sports lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Drinking Dragon

Thank you for your Response.

I made some Investigation, i think we sure will visit "the bay".
When im on a trip i want to enjoy some local kitchen. So if you can give me some hint for a Restaurant with local Food, go on :)

Im very interested in Heavy Metal and Punk Rock Music, can you also give me an advise on spots where i can ppl and Sound like this?

i really cant wait to start the new hockey season, im so looking Forward to see you guys in Davos, my first hockey game this season :)
For food there are lots of great places. For burgers I recommend The grazing shed, there are two in Cardiff town centre. For other food, if you narrow it down then I will be able to give you some more information. As for the music I think that I am not the person to ask, Lol. I also think that someone else has made a suggest for this.

Just let me know if there is anything else.

You'll not suffer a food issue in Cardiff, if you cannot find anything to satisfy your appetite, I'd be amazed. There are very very few people who visit Cardiff and leave complaining.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jonesy83

The CHL tweeted back to me last week saying that they're streaming the games for free on YouTube - so this news is not that exciting. Good old premier sports lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not sure but I think if a UK TV station (Premier Sports) has the rights to a game(s) then that means they won't be shown on the CHL YouTube channel in that particular country.

So if Premier Sports show Davos V Devils it will be blocked for our region on YouTube, much like the team GB games were back in April.

Wagstaff

Skydome has all the same rules as IAW for food and bag searches, it was all tightened up last year.
I eat at home either before or after the game, with the size of our family, it costs enough just to get in and my food is much nicer, surely a 2 hour period without food is possible for most people, then get it cheaper and better elsewhere to round off a nice evening. Mind you our home games are on a Sunday with an early start.
Never mind banning food and drink, If they were to ban something I wish they would make it the bloomin awful drums!!!

Has anyone had any luck with booking tickets in Liberec? The Ticketpro website I got diverted to shows all of block 115 unavailable. I'm wondering if they're keeping this free for away fans or if I've missed the boat. I've sent them an email asking if there's a way to book them but haven't had a reply yet.
I had a email reply back off Liberec yesterday stating that tickets in the away block will only be available on match day.

If you are travelling by train from Zurich to Davos and back for the game there are some deals to be had at the moment. I just managed to get them for 70CHF less then full price. (After you have chosen your tickets, you are given a list of potential supersaver options).

Swiss Rail website here (and it's in English): https://www.sbb.ch/ticketshop/b2c/dossierListeDetails.do

Just as an FYI when it asks you for Date of Birth enter it as: DDMMYYYY with no slashes / spaces or dashes (it took me a few attempts to figure it out and there is no help to explain that)
How do you book a return ticket?

Gough60

I had a email reply back off Liberec yesterday stating that tickets in the away block will only be available on match day.
Think you w will find (as I have) some devils fans booked in next block to the away fans.
See previous posts on this thread.
Have to say cost of £7-55 for 2 tickets is a bit steep. Mind does include a booking fee.
Think the Devil's organisation should look at its pricing structure. Ha ha.

Bit of a longshot but has anyone had a look if anywhere in Prague is showing the Davos game on Wednesday night? Well be flying out Wednesday night and would rather watch it in a bar than stuck in the apartment.

You could try the Dubliner Sports bar, located behind the Tyn church off the old town square.
I haven't been there for couple of years, but always used to show ice hockey.