CHL Draw

The best way to travel to Växjö is by train.
The train at Copenhagen airport Kastrup is just below you when you coming out in the entrence hall.
The train is a direct train to Växjö centralstation.
It takes abot 2,5 hours. Cost about 30£ each way.
When you arrive in Växjö there is walking distance to everything. Or you take a taxi.
Right now the are building a new centralstation. So it will be a bit messy.

Going by car is more expensive.
Just by going over Öresundsbron (the bridge between Copenhagen and Malmö) cost about 30£ each way.
Just as much as a train ticket to Växjö.
But if tou can afford the cost, travelling by car is nice. You get to see more of Sweden and the road to Växjö is easy to take.
Either you take the E6 up to Helsingborg Then the E4 to Ljungby. Both big Motorways. Then take the small road 25 from Ljungby to Växjö.

Or you can take the smaller road 23 direct to Växjö. Shorter way but If you find yourself behind a truck you will be stuck there for a wile.

Well in Växjö i recomend Elite stats hotell, PM hotell, Hotell Cardinal Nordic choice, Royal Corner or hotell Värend.

Before the game you should go to O’learys, Knock em Down or Stars and Stripes.
After the game you should go to the Bishop Arms, Chapter House, O’learys or Café Deluxe or Rustiqe Vin och bar krog.

There’s lot’s of good restaurants.
A bit expensive.

Grilleriet (great burgers) £££
Izikaya Moshi (japanese) ££££
Massimo (italian) ££££
PM (Swedish cusine 2 Michelin stars) £££££
Deluxe Gräddhyllan (Swedish) ££££
Pinchos (Tapas) ££-£££
O’learys (American) ££-£££
Texas Longhorn (barbeque, ribs and stakes) £££-££££
King of India (indian) ££-£££
Koh Thai (thai food) ££

Getting to Vida Arena i easy.
You can walk 2 km. Just follow Storgatan (Mainstreet)
Or you can take the bus.
Bus number 3. 2£ only credit card.
Or Taxi. 12-15£

Devil_Abroad

The best way to travel to Växjö is by train.
The train at Copenhagen airport Kastrup is just below you when you coming out in the entrence hall.
The train is a direct train to Växjö centralstation.
It takes abot 2,5 hours. Cost about 30£ each way.
When you arrive in Växjö there is walking distance to everything. Or you take a taxi.
Right now the are building a new centralstation. So it will be a bit messy.

Going by car is more expensive.
Just by going over Öresundsbron (the bridge between Copenhagen and Malmö) cost about 30£ each way.
Just as much as a train ticket to Växjö.
But if tou can afford the cost, travelling by car is nice. You get to see more of Sweden and the road to Växjö is easy to take.
Either you take the E6 up to Helsingborg Then the E4 to Ljungby. Both big Motorways. Then take the small road 25 from Ljungby to Växjö.

Or you can take the smaller road 23 direct to Växjö. Shorter way but If you find yourself behind a truck you will be stuck there for a wile.

Well in Växjö i recomend Elite stats hotell, PM hotell, Hotell Cardinal Nordic choice, Royal Corner or hotell Värend.

Before the game you should go to O’learys, Knock em Down or Stars and Stripes.
After the game you should go to the Bishop Arms, Chapter House, O’learys or Café Deluxe or Rustiqe Vin och bar krog.

There’s lot’s of good restaurants.
A bit expensive.

Grilleriet (great burgers) £££
Izikaya Moshi (japanese) ££££
Massimo (italian) ££££
PM (Swedish cusine 2 Michelin stars) £££££
Deluxe Gräddhyllan (Swedish) ££££
Pinchos (Tapas) ££-£££
O’learys (American) ££-£££
Texas Longhorn (barbeque, ribs and stakes) £££-££££
King of India (indian) ££-£££
Koh Thai (thai food) ££

Getting to Vida Arena i easy.
You can walk 2 km. Just follow Storgatan (Mainstreet)
Or you can take the bus.
Bus number 3. 2£ only credit card.
Or Taxi. 12-15£
How about train to Malmo - hire car and stop one night somewhere else? Then next day on to Vaxjio - then day after game back to Malmo - train back to airport?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely.
Still it’s more expensive. The train fair between Copenhagen and Malmö costs 10£ each way.

But If money isn’t the problem i should definitely go by car.

Devil_Abroad

Absolutely.
Still it’s more expensive. The train fair between Copenhagen and Malmö costs 10£ each way.

But If money isn’t the problem i should definitely go by car.
Thank you again!

2 returns to Malmo 222Fr = £26.19 :)

Now - one day in Copenhagen and 3 in Sweden - or 2 and 2?

Where to visit in Sweden on way to Vaxjo with a car :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stockholm, Gothenburg and Malmö are obvious choices.
But Stockholm and Gothenburg are a bit far away.
E6 up to Gothenburg is of course a good choice. Takes about 3 hours.

I should go on the south East coast called Österlen.
Drive from Malmö to Ystad first. Then to Simrishamn and Kivik.
After Österlen i would go up to the County called Blekinge and the city of Karlskrona.
From there it’s only 120 km to Växjö.
You could do this trip either on you way to Växjö or from Växjö back to Malmö.

Last edited:

Devil_Abroad

Thank you again!

In order to post I need to register

I have managed to find my way to the register details page but need some help in understanding what information I need to input in the various fields

Could you translate the field titles for me please?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The first one is your username.
Second email
Third confirm email.
Fourth password
Fifth confirm password
Then you can select language.

Last you need to answer what team Lakejerna support. Right answer is Växjö Lakers.

Last edited:

Devil94

I with the club would arrange an official travel package like football clubs do.
With such a small off ice team, I think the club will have enough work on their hands just organising the team and their travels. Asking them to also organise the fans is just unrealistic.

Sheincar

I with the club would arrange an official travel package like football clubs do.
Red Army Travel not posted any updates on their FB page since 29 May. Still waiting quotes apparently. Pity club couldn't help with quotes for hotels & buses though obviously not doing the actual organisation.

matbur

With such a small off ice team, I think the club will have enough work on their hands just organising the team and their travels. Asking them to also organise the fans is just unrealistic.
I don't think it is personally. They're a professional team and growing, I'm not saying they're not-stretched but they're also not some small amatuer team struggling to get a fanbase.