CHL - Covid Cases

BostonBart22

Gonna get this in all sports, premiership has had 16 cases after last round of football, at the end of the day its like having 2 players injured, teams tend to play for each other when short, seems a shame we only go with 19 opposed to 22 like previous seasons, get well soon boys,and go again..

matbur

Talk about a wee touch of adversity to start the year! Everybody is vaccinated and the four of them are in good health. Let’s just keep our fingers crossed that the rest can stay away from it. What a year…
Nobody said it was gonna be easy, huh Steve?! Really feel for Skalde given the wait he's had to actually get his team out on the ice.

Good that nobody is unwell and hopefully, we'll manage ok.

Slartibartfast

I know this ! But if you’re doubled jabbed you don’t need to isolate! I thought this was common knowledge
I wish that were true. Im double vaccinated and am currently having to self isolate due to having Covid hence missing the first 2 matches. In saying that I would still self isolate even if it wasn't law. This thing is pretty awful even when doubled jabbed. I would not want to pass it onto someone vulnerable.

Devil94

Anyone know of an update on this? There wasn't any coach in the picture just posted by the Devils. No Ben or Josh either.
I heard someone say the 4 were in quarantine for 10 days from last monday, which would mean until tomorrow? So maybe they can fly out first thing tomorrow and make it to Mannheim?

Gavevs88

Anyone know of an update on this? There wasn't any coach in the picture just posted by the Devils. No Ben or Josh either.
I heard someone say the 4 were in quarantine for 10 days from last monday, which would mean until tomorrow? So maybe they can fly out first thing tomorrow and make it to Mannheim?
I've heard that is the case, they should be there for the game tomorrow night.

RossDaws

Just listened to Batchy's Two Ales episode. He said he had no symptoms when testing positive so the 10 days starts from the date of the first positive test. If he had symptoms it would be 10 days from the first day with symptoms.

Apparently, the 10 days finishes on Saturday. In that case, he may be able to travel to Lausanne in the morning and play in the evening. Unsure what the situation is for Davies, Skalde or Franny though.

Last edited:

RossDaws

So if you're actually ill, you can escape quarantine earlier?
Apparently so. Although timeframes will be relative to when they're tested.

Like if you get tested four days after developing a cough and it comes back positive then I believe the quarantine period will be different.

CHL will have their own rules on it though so don't quote me.

Finny

So if you're actually ill, you can escape quarantine earlier?
Yes.
For most people with Covid they will be infectious for up to 10 days.
So if you get symptoms, within 10 days you will stop being infectious. So the first day of symptoms is taken as worst case scenario and you start the 10 days from there.

If you don’t have symptoms but test positive then you have to use the test date as ‘worst case scenario’.

In both cases though if you still have symptoms on day 10 you should continue isolating.

Slartibartfast

Yes.
For most people with Covid they will be infectious for up to 10 days.
So if you get symptoms, within 10 days you will stop being infectious. So the first day of symptoms is taken as worst case scenario and you start the 10 days from there.

If you don’t have symptoms but test positive then you have to use the test date as ‘worst case scenario’.

In both cases though if you still have symptoms on day 10 you should continue isolating.
I thought that but its not the case. I had symptoms for 3 days before the positive test but the 10 day isolation period started from the date of the test. Theres lots of conflicting information on the internet.
It cost me a fortune as I was on holiday in Jersey at the time so had to extend the hotel stay

Last edited: